Herd Immunity

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Please provide a link to this information that the virus can pass through a mask when the droplets/aerosols have evaporated.

I have posted a video several times on this forum that demonstrates how well a single layer of T Shirt material blocks droplets from spraying onto a mirror when water is spritzed on the fabric in front of a mirror. NO water droplets get through and the mirror stays perfectly dry. If there are virus in those droplets. you are saying that the virus will proceed through the fabric all by itself? Really? I would honestly like to know if this can happen.

Logically, if the virus is on the outside of the mask after the droplet has completely evaporated, how in the world does the virus make its way to the other side of the fabric or paper mask? Think about that. Does the virus have feet? I honestly don't think this is possible and I have not read any articles that claim this is a possibility.

We are supposed to be very careful when handling our masks when removing them so not to contaminate our hands. Personally, I take off my mask by the ear loops and reach behind my ear to remove the mask. Another safety practice people should be doing after they remove their masks is to either sanitize their hands or wash their hands with soap and water. That may be the reason we sometimes see people driving in their cars, by themselves, with a mask on. They do not want to contaminate their hands.

Again, please provide a link that states the virus can pass through a mask (not N95) after the droplets/aerosols have evaporated. Thanks.
At no time did I say they had evaporated. They break down leaving a damp mask with smaller particles which then can pass through the mask. Basic physics.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The FDA will assure us that the vaccine is safe. I will believe them. I've never died of a vaccine before and I figure I will survive this one too.

Achieving herd immunity without a vaccine will find us with many many more deaths. That is NOT the way to go.
I rather get the flu than become like the walking dead who have Alzheimer’s.

Aluminum Exposure Again Linked to Alzheimer's Disease | Technology Networks
Old 10-29-2020, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts
Default O we have the ingredients of any of the future vaccines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post

Are we sure they are not adding arsenic into the vaccine too? Do we know all the ingredients of any of the future vaccines? Or are we just trying to frighten ourselves?
Old 10-29-2020, 12:08 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post

There are also links to Covid and brain damage.
Brain Scans Show a Whole Spectrum of COVID-19 Abnormalities We Can't Fully Explain
Old 10-29-2020, 01:25 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

If we could pass a law allowing euthanasia we could maybe please all those who want herd immunity and don't want to wear a mask.
We could thin the herd quickly.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Scroll down further on the reply section there is a button for Manage attachments in the Additional options section. There is also a small icon at the top that looks like a paperclip
I just posted a photo of a picture in my photo library on my computer. How do I post a photo from the internet? What I usually do (such as posting photos and video clips in email) is copy and paste into the email. Can I do that on this forum or must I select a photo from my photo library?
Thanks

So sorry for hijacking the thread.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
At no time did I say they had evaporated. They break down leaving a damp mask with smaller particles which then can pass through the mask. Basic physics.
I re-read your post and I see that you did not mention the word "evaporate". However, I still do not think it is possible for the virus to penetrate the mask unless the mask becomes very wet from wearing it for a long time and that is a very strong maybe.

That is not something that we have been warned about, as far as I know. I have not heard any of the doctors warning us about the virus penetrating a mask after it becomes moist. Have I missed something? Basic physics means nothing to me as far as this is concerned.

I would like to hear from the experts that we must remove a moist mask so the virus does not penetrate the fabric or paper from the outside of the mask.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
I just posted a photo of a picture in my photo library on my computer. How do I post a photo from the internet? What I usually do (such as posting photos and video clips in email) is copy and paste into the email. Can I do that on this forum or must I select a photo from my photo library?
Thanks

So sorry for hijacking the thread.
To my knowledge you have to first save it to your computer unless you can post a link to the picture. Copy and paste does not work.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

What they teach in kindergarten, “Sticks (Covid) and stones may break my bones, but words will never break me. But names will never harm me.”
Old 10-29-2020, 05:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
To my knowledge you have to first save it to your computer unless you can post a link to the picture. Copy and paste does not work.
That is what I have figured. Thank you for your help.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Without a vaccine and assuming that immunity is a lifetime 70% of the population will need to be infected and survive to achieve herd immunity. So until we get to the 200 million level let's hope for an effective vaccine.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Recent research has shown that immuity is active for months, as apposed to a longer time span, for those who survive Covid.

Covid: Antibodies '''fall rapidly after infection''' - BBC News
Old 10-30-2020, 03:22 AM

Quote:
The FDA will assure us that the vaccine is safe. I will believe them. I've never died of a vaccine before and I figure I will survive this one too.

Achieving herd immunity without a vaccine will find us with many many more deaths. That is NOT the way to go.
YES IT IS. When I started working from home 5 yrs ago, I thought, great I won’t get sick as much!! WRONG!! Since I was not around people all the time, my immune system weakened! I had several doctors tell me this. They said at any age if you are not around people a lot and then go out, you will get sick more. And it’s true!!
Old 10-30-2020, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Another thread closed before I could respond to a comment. I'm getting "Thread Closed" fatigue........

Originally posted by oneclickplus..........
"You can't get "herd immunity" without infecting the herd. Take OFF your mask and go about your life. If you're worried about other people living free without a mask - then stay home."

We will achieve herd immunity SAFELY when enough people globally are inoculated with a safe and effective vaccine. I can only hope that day will come while I'm still alive and can once again enjoy life as it was pre-pandemic.

In the mean time, I will wear my mask when in public indoors all the time and outdoors when social distancing can not be maintained. The exception to wearing a mask indoors is when dining in a restaurant. Hubby and I will not go to any restaurant that does not socially distance their patrons. That is a choice hubby and I have made for ourselves. We are doing everything we can to stay safe yet still enjoy life. It can be done. No, we do not want to stay home.
I started working from home 5yrs ago. I thought great, I won’t catch colds as much. WRONG, I was still catching s colds and worse. Went to my doctor and he said, you are getting more sick with colds because you are not around people. Your immune system weakens. I couldn’t believe it, but it does happen. The more you stay away from people the more your immune system will weaken. And that happens with older people because they go out less. We have been running around in the villages, in the restaurants and bars since they opened and like all the others have not gotten sick. And I still work from home and honestly will not go out everyday or night just cause I work and I still have not gotten sick. My guy is 69 and a few health issues. Stay healthy and do what’s best for you
Old 10-30-2020, 05:32 AM
Platinum member
Default Therapy fee

[quote=oldtimes;1853993]what is your objective with all these threads? Do you think you are going to change anyone’s mind? It doesn’t matter how right or wrong you are people are still going to do what they want.[/quote
this thread is the definition of panic. Do the best you can to protect yourselves but understand this.
We are not going to live forever. make peace with that

session over
Closed Thread

Tags
herd, mask, immunity, life, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.