Herd Immunity

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2020, 05:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Recent research has shown that immuity is active for months, as apposed to a longer time span, for those who survive Covid.

Covid: Antibodies '''fall rapidly after infection''' - BBC News
B cell antibodies are only part of the story. There is a robust T-cell response in a significant number of people. In fact studies have shown that prior exposure to certain coronavirus colds has led to very robust t-cell response. It is this mechanism which is most likely the explanation behind "asymptomatic" cases. These cases really probably aren't cases at all. They are positive tests. The reason behind the positive test is that Tcells like macrophages and killer tcells are destroying the virus and what the PCR test is detecting is viral debris.

Pre-symptomatic cases need to be differentiated from asymptomatic. Pre-symptomatic simply means you're not exhibiting symptoms of covid-19 yet. Asymptomatic means you probably never got the disease, you simply have the sars-cov-2 virus present in your system, even if just viral debris. Killer t-cells, inject perforin into cells infected with virus, causing them to swell, eventually they pop and bits and piece float around until housekeeping clears it out. Macrophages are like the blob of your immune system, surround a cell completely and dissolving it. There are more tcells, but both of these cells leave PCR test detectable bits of virus floating around for a while.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Another thread closed before I could respond to a comment. I'm getting "Thread Closed" fatigue........

Originally posted by oneclickplus..........
"You can't get "herd immunity" without infecting the herd. Take OFF your mask and go about your life. If you're worried about other people living free without a mask - then stay home."

We will achieve herd immunity SAFELY when enough people globally are inoculated with a safe and effective vaccine. I can only hope that day will come while I'm still alive and can once again enjoy life as it was pre-pandemic.

In the mean time, I will wear my mask when in public indoors all the time and outdoors when social distancing can not be maintained. The exception to wearing a mask indoors is when dining in a restaurant. Hubby and I will not go to any restaurant that does not socially distance their patrons. That is a choice hubby and I have made for ourselves. We are doing everything we can to stay safe yet still enjoy life. It can be done. No, we do not want to stay home.
And your point? We have heard everyone’s choice since all of this...it’s a personal matter and choose what makes you comfortable...I really don’t care...it’s still a free country, I’d like it to stay that way...remember this when you vote..
Old 10-30-2020, 06:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post
With herd immunity you don’t get a shot of mercury and aluminum. Vaccines contain known toxins that in any other ingest able, and /or injected form are banned.
Are you serious? Guess Ill sit home and wait to die from all the years of vaccines Ive had. Thanks for the heads up
Old 10-30-2020, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

If click it or ticket is ok, why not mask it or casket.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
YES IT IS. When I started working from home 5 yrs ago, I thought, great I won’t get sick as much!! WRONG!! Since I was not around people all the time, my immune system weakened! I had several doctors tell me this. They said at any age if you are not around people a lot and then go out, you will get sick more. And it’s true!!
Only 5 years? Excuse me but I have worked from home more more than 20 years. I very seldom get sick. I can’t tell you the last time I was truly sick even with a cold. It clearly must be your metabolism. If what you say is true, I would need to be a total hermit and avoid all people. Trying to make such a broad blanket statement is just plain ridiculous.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Here is another comment I would like to reply to (from that CLOSED thread).......

sooziesoul stated:
"I’m 40 years in Healthcare and I KNOW what masks can and can’t do. Masks do NOT "contain a virus. Particulates of a virus are so small that they pass right through!"

Really? 40 years in healthcare? Have you heard of "Droplet Precations"?

The virus does not travel on its own. The virus is contained in droplets and/or aerosols which are larger than the virus particles. There is no respiratory virus that will eject itself from the body all by itself. Those teeny tiny virus particles need a mode of transmission. That mode of transmission is droplets and aerosols.
And your point? We have heard everyone’s choice since all of this...it’s a personal matter and choose what makes you comfortable...I really don’t care...it’s still a free country, I’d like it to stay that way...remember this when you vote..
Old 10-30-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
You know you get up every day and there is a plethora of diseases, cancers, illnesses and accidents that can all contribute to anyone’s demise! Again, what’s your point?... You can get up every day and live your life like it’s your last and enjoy and be smart...or you can sit around and and drain yourself mentally and be miserable...it’s your choice, don’t inflict it on others...the hamster wheel keeps going around for some...try jumping off for a change...
Old 10-30-2020, 07:13 AM

Herd immunity in humans has NEVER been achieved. Read the science. Even with less lethal pandemics in the past...NEVER. It’s a fantasy for us to think that is our salvation. Listen to SCIENTISTS. Not Politicians!!!!!
Old 10-30-2020, 07:40 AM
Sage

Not true. Mumps, measles, chicken pox, and polio are often cited examples of diseases eradicated through herd immunity. Herd immunity is often achieved via vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbear View Post
Herd immunity in humans has NEVER been achieved. Read the science. Even with less lethal pandemics in the past...NEVER. It’s a fantasy for us to think that is our salvation. Listen to SCIENTISTS. Not Politicians!!!!!
Old 10-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts
Default Masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
If we could pass a law allowing euthanasia we could maybe please all those who want herd immunity and don't want to wear a mask.
We could thin the herd quickly.
Cdc studies, if you want to believe them, indicate that 85 percent of people who caught covid were masks wearers and only 4 percent never wore a mask. As far as brain damage, it is apparent that a great many people suffer from that even thought they never had the disease, including those who propose euthanasia as a solution.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:10 AM

Don’t believe in wearing a mask. Next time you have to go to the hospital, tell the Doctor that he/she doesn’t have to wear a mask. You are willing to take a chance on getting an infection. Also, forget about washing hands.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
You know you get up every day and there is a plethora of diseases, cancers, illnesses and accidents that can all contribute to anyone’s demise! Again, what’s your point?... You can get up every day and live your life like it’s your last and enjoy and be smart...or you can sit around and and drain yourself mentally and be miserable...it’s your choice, don’t inflict it on others...the hamster wheel keeps going around for some...try jumping off for a change...
My point was that this person was just as likely to get brain damage from Covid as from the vaccine. I actually agree with you that nothing is completely safe.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:16 AM

How is Herd Immunity Achieved at Scale? | Banner Health.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Another thread closed before I could respond to a comment. I'm getting "Thread Closed" fatigue........

Originally posted by oneclickplus..........
"You can't get "herd immunity" without infecting the herd. Take OFF your mask and go about your life. If you're worried about other people living free without a mask - then stay home."

We will achieve herd immunity SAFELY when enough people globally are inoculated with a safe and effective vaccine. I can only hope that day will come while I'm still alive and can once again enjoy life as it was pre-pandemic.

In the mean time, I will wear my mask when in public indoors all the time and outdoors when social distancing can not be maintained. The exception to wearing a mask indoors is when dining in a restaurant. Hubby and I will not go to any restaurant that does not socially distance their patrons. That is a choice hubby and I have made for ourselves. We are doing everything we can to stay safe yet still enjoy life. It can be done. No, we do not want to stay home.
Televangelist Kenneth Copeland declares that ***** is now immune to COVID-19, which is evidence that Christians are immune to the virus.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:38 AM

Excellent article. Well worth the read.Educate yourself before making decisions.
Closed Thread

Tags
herd, mask, immunity, life, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.