Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act.

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2019, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act.

Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture (PACT) Act The PACT Act closes that loophole by extending federal jurisdiction to these specific, particularly heinous crimes. The PACT Act is consistent with other federal laws that address acts of malicious animal cruelty that have an interstate nexus.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Laws that Protect Animals - Animal Legal Defense Fund

A little more information.

Failure of Animal Protection Laws and Regulations | National Anti-Vivisection Society
Old 11-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

A fantastic add on to the bill passed in 2010, and proves that we can pass laws, and do it without the partisan wrangling.

Kudos to,Blumenthal and Toomey for this.

I still think it is too narrow, but it is a great supplement to existing state laws.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage

I think older people have closer relationships with their furry family member than younger segments of the population. I know it makes me happy to see here in The Villages. My two favorite dogs here are Lucy and Crosby. I haven't met Bare's new furries.

I do not understand anyone who is deliberately cruel to an animal for some sick purpose, I am sure few do.

I was pleased to see this dog get the credit it deserved this last week. For some time the dog involved in killing that awful person in Afganistan was not named but now we find his name is Conan. He will always be "Good Boy" to me.....See here....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...baghdadi-raid/
Old 11-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think older people have closer relationships with their furry family member than younger segments of the population. I know it makes me happy to see here in The Villages. My two favorite dogs here are Lucy and Crosby. I haven't met Bare's new furries.

I do not understand anyone who is deliberately cruel to an animal for some sick purpose, I am sure few do.

I was pleased to see this dog get the credit it deserved this last week. For some time the dog involved in killing that awful person in Afganistan was not named but now we find his name is Conan. He will always be "Good Boy" to me.....See here....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...baghdadi-raid/
6 Historic Military Dogs Who Gave Everything For Their Country | The Veterans Site Blog

And for the record, you refer to Conan as a "Good Boy".....believe Conan is female, despite all the confusion on that subject
Old 11-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Conan's gender
There were conflicting reports on Conan's gender. Newsweek initially reported that the dog is female, but the magazine later issued a correction which said Conan is male. Dutch RTL Nieuws reported that Conan was trained by a company in Best, Netherlands before being transported to the United States. His former owner and trainer stated in an interview: "It is a five-year-old male. It is a very good dog."[11] On November 25, 2019, a White House official said the dog is female before issuing a correction, saying Conan is in fact male.[1][12]

Wikipedia:

Declassified image of Conan, the dog who chased al-Baghdadi.jpg
The declassified image of Conan tweeted by Donald Trump
Species Dog
Breed Belgian Malinois
Sex Male[1]
Born 2013 or 2014 (aged 5–6)
Netherlands
Notable role Special Operations Military Working Dog (SOMWD) in the US Delta Force
Years active 2015–present
Named after Conan O'Brien

Woof!
Old 11-26-2019, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Conan's gender
There were conflicting reports on Conan's gender. Newsweek initially reported that the dog is female, but the magazine later issued a correction which said Conan is male. Dutch RTL Nieuws reported that Conan was trained by a company in Best, Netherlands before being transported to the United States. His former owner and trainer stated in an interview: "It is a five-year-old male. It is a very good dog."[11] On November 25, 2019, a White House official said the dog is female before issuing a correction, saying Conan is in fact male.[1][12]

Wikipedia:

Declassified image of Conan, the dog who chased al-Baghdadi.jpg
The declassified image of Conan tweeted by Donald Trump
Species Dog
Breed Belgian Malinois
Sex Male[1]
Born 2013 or 2014 (aged 5–6)
Netherlands
Notable role Special Operations Military Working Dog (SOMWD) in the US Delta Force
Years active 2015–present
Named after Conan O'Brien

Woof!
He or she is a hero.
An officer and well bred.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Sage

While some are obsessed with the dogs sex...yeah, I mentioned it because it was humorous, no mention of the link to hero dogs link and they are under appreciated for sure, so let me bore you a bit more with ...

Military Working Dogs: Canine War Heroes Through History

Dogs have served us in military for a long time. I spent time in Aleutian Islands while in the Navy, and the love for a few dogs we took care of was amazing.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

To be PC for now I'll just say that they are a hero.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2019, 05:07 PM
Sage

Someone may have objected to the words on one of the pictures of Conan the dog that helped take down the head of Isis. I will repost with no words. He is a hero.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Conan. Hero dog.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	82010  

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-26-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,737 Posts

Makes very good PR too.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Someone may have objected to the words on one of the pictures of Conan the dog that helped take down the head of Isis. I will repost with no words. He is a hero.
It has been an interesting thread for sure.....one long overdue speaking as someone who interacted with many of these dogs while serving.

First according to the OP it was about the addendum to a law, then it was about hero dogs.

I responded to each based on what was posted, then it became something else so I am confused on the motive for this thread as it became very specific suddenly. Not unusual, but certainly it seems the OP had no intention of discussing the law, the reason for it, etc, but something else

I do need to mention Rep. Ted Deutch and also Rep. Vern Buchanan BOTH FROM FLORIDA who began the process and pushed it through the house. I had already mentioned the Senate leaders and all, even though it was totally bipartisan n nature.

Any law protecting animals is a good law and keep in mind, the law extends well beyond dogs.

Last edited by Bucco; 11-26-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
act, pact, cruelty, animal, federal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.