Is Hollywood the next Ferguson ?

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Is Hollywood the next Ferguson ?

Just wondering if Mr Sharpton intends to ask Soros to finance another set of riots....

"The Rev. Al Sharpton was left fuming mad after the Oscars revealed its all-white list of nominees for this year's Oscar awards on Thursday.

"The movie industry is like the Rocky Mountains, the higher you get, the whiter it gets," Sharpton quipped in a statement released later in the afternoon.

Sharpton, a critic of the lack of diversity in Hollywood, also announced he was holding an "emergency meeting" next week to address the issue.

"I have called an emergency meeting early next week in Hollywood with the task force to discuss possible action around the Academy Awards," he said."

Read more: Al Sharpton Blasts 'Appalling' Oscars - Business Insider

I dont like to just throw things out there without any accreditation thus this will validate my Soros comment....

"Theres a solitary man at the financial center of the Ferguson protest movement. No, its not victim Michael Brown or Officer Darren Wilson. Its not even the Rev. Al Sharpton, despite his ubiquitous campaign on TV and the streets.

Rather, its liberal billionaire George Soros, who has built a business empire that dominates across the ocean in Europe while forging a political machine powered by nonprofit foundations that impacts American politics and policy, not unlike what he did with MoveOn.org.

Mr. Soros spurred the Ferguson protest movement through years of funding and mobilizing groups across the U.S., according to interviews with key players and financial records reviewed by The Washington Times.

Read more: George Soros funds Ferguson protests, hopes to spur civil action - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Old 01-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

When Al opens his mouth, all that comes out is "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, whitey has wronged us again".

How about quit being a cheat and paying your back taxes, Al?
Old 01-16-2015, 08:10 PM
Sage
Default Is Hollywood the next Ferguson ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
When Al opens his mouth, all that comes out is "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, whitey has wronged us again".

How about quit being a cheat and paying your back taxes, Al?
///
Old 01-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

How quickly we forget Sacheen Littlefeather at the 1973 Oscars:

Hello. My name is Sacheen Littlefeather. I'm Apache and I am president of the National Native American Affirmative Image Committee. I'm representing Marlon Brando this evening and he has asked me to tell you in a very long speech, which I cannot share with you presently because of time but I will be glad to share with the press afterwards, that he very regretfully cannot accept this very generous award. And the reasons for this being are the treatment of American Indians today by the film industry excuse me and on television in movie reruns, and also with recent happenings at Wounded Knee. I beg at this time that I have not intruded upon this evening and that we will in the future, our hearts and our understandings will meet with love and generosity. Thank you on behalf of Marlon Brando.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:52 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Well, Al, some folks might say that white men are underrepresented in the NBA and something must be done about it!

BTW, where is the IRS when we need it? Doesn't our pal, Al, owe over $4.5 million in unpaid taxes?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Sage

Another Sharpton Shakedown.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Give the IRS time. They'll get their nickel plus some from the not so Rev. Sharpton. It really is a shame that some truly buy into his drivel. For others, it is an excuse to behave badly. I think for the majority, he is over the top but has just enough truth in his rhetoric to get people to act, usually I appropriately. To me, he is just an obscenity I choose to ignore.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Veteran member

I can't understand why Television commercials have 95% African Americans in them when they are only 13% of the population. Any one have a answer?
Old 01-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Gold member

I don't know anyone who actually takes Sharpton serious. He is a total blowhard !
So sick of all the Black Racism.... Refuse to refer to Sharpton as Reverend. I wouldn't mind the zelliots in Hollywood taking some crap though.

Now where did I put my BP pills.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
I can't understand why Television commercials have 95% African Americans in them when they are only 13% of the population. Any one have a answer?
What is the source of your data?
Old 01-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Sage

According to at least one web source, Al Sharpton was named a minister at the age of 10 with no formal education. He later attended Brooklyn College - which had no ministerial degree program. Please see below:
BIOGRAPHICAL FACTS:

POLITICAL: Candidate for State Senate, 1978; Candidate for US Senate, 1992 & 1994; Candidate for New York City Mayor, 1997.

PROFESSIONAL: Licensed and ordained a Minister at age 10 by Bishop F.D. Washington in 1964; appointed Junior Pastor of the Washington Temple congregation. Founder & President, National Action Network, 1991-present. Founder, National Youth Movement, 1971. Road Manager for singer James Brown, 1973-80.

EDUCATION: Attended Brooklyn College, 1973-75.

PERSONAL: Born October 3, 1954 in Brooklyn, New York. Married to singer Kathy Jordan. Two children. Pentecostal.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

classic racist with no qualifications, breaking the laws of the land, who is in the publics eye ONLY because the media and select other activists glorify his position by allowing him as a spokesman for race relations.

He is a biggoted race and hate monger.....nothing more!
Old 01-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What is the source of your data?
I watch TV. That was easy
Old 01-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
I don't know anyone who actually takes Sharpton serious. He is a total blowhard !
So sick of all the Black Racism.... Refuse to refer to Sharpton as Reverend. I wouldn't mind the zelliots in Hollywood taking some crap though.

Now where did I put my BP pills.

Au Contraire Bill de Blasio has given Sharpton a seat at his right hand
and followed his instruction regarding NYC policing . We all know how that worked out
Old 01-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
If there are 10 people in a commercial and one is black then 100% of commercials have a black person. I challenge your assertion that 95% of commercials have a black person and ask you to produce some evidence for your observation, or perhaps you are watching with an eye to be offended by all the black faces? Perhaps you could keep some data and post it here later today. Separate the appearance into major vs minor actor and tell us how many black, how many white, how many other or couldn't tell. And what station you are watching.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.