Is Hollywood the next Ferguson ?

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
If there are 10 people in a commercial and one is black then 100% of commercials have a black person. I challenge your assertion that 95% of commercials have a black person and ask you to produce some evidence for your observation, or perhaps you are watching with an eye to be offended by all the black faces? Perhaps you could keep some data and post it here later today. Separate the appearance into major vs minor actor and tell us how many black, how many white, how many other or couldn't tell. And what station you are watching.
Yeah I'll get right on that. Also I don't mind seeing black faces.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

The Grand Budapest Hotel - Rotten Tomatoes

When they show the Oscars audience who are waiting to see who will win--the nominees in the front rows-- there will probably be a lot of African-Americans, Indians (from Asia), Native Americans, Central and South Americans, etc.

Anyone remember how much of a part Zero the Lobby Boy plays in The Grand Budapest Hotel? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1727825/b..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

Sharpton must not have been watching the Academy Award nominations as I seem to remember one of the people reading the names was an African American who had some problem with the name Pope.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-17-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
I can't understand why Television commercials have 95% African Americans in them when they are only 13% of the population. Any one have a answer?
birddawg: I agree blacks are over represented in commercials and gays are filling any voids based on their population
Old 01-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
According to at least one web source, Al Sharpton was named a minister at the age of 10 with no formal education. He later attended Brooklyn College - which had no ministerial degree program. Please see below:
BIOGRAPHICAL FACTS:

POLITICAL: Candidate for State Senate, 1978; Candidate for US Senate, 1992 & 1994; Candidate for New York City Mayor, 1997.

PROFESSIONAL: Licensed and ordained a Minister at age 10 by Bishop F.D. Washington in 1964; appointed Junior Pastor of the Washington Temple congregation. Founder & President, National Action Network, 1991-present. Founder, National Youth Movement, 1971. Road Manager for singer James Brown, 1973-80.

EDUCATION: Attended Brooklyn College, 1973-75.

PERSONAL: Born October 3, 1954 in Brooklyn, New York. Married to singer Kathy Jordan. Two children. Pentecostal.
Has not anyone noticed what Sharpton did from 1973-1980? Certainly this qualifies him for theological reverence. Notice also that he allegedly attended Brooklyn College from 1973-1975.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:37 PM
Eternal Member

I think one should look at one of the sources that the OP used in his post: The Washington Times.

The Washington Times is a neoconservative paper owned by South Korean Rev. Sun Myung Moon.

As the OP also said on previous posts, and I totally agree, that you should not get all of your news from one source.

As for George Soros funding progressive groups: Excellent! The Koch Bros. do the same thing for their regressive organizations and regressive PACS and regressive politicians.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Has not anyone noticed what Sharpton did from 1973-1980? Certainly this qualifies him for theological reverence. Notice also that he allegedly attended Brooklyn College from 1973-1975.
I selectively choose the words I want to make my point....has nothing to do with the intent or purpose of the post above:

Can a racist hate monger qualify for theological reverence? The next time there is ever a theological tone, reference or basis in his rantings will be a first.
He is not an asset of his race or any other body of we the people.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I think one should look at one of the sources that the OP used in his post: The Washington Times.

The Washington Times is a neoconservative paper owned by South Korean Rev. Sun Myung Moon.

As the OP also said on previous posts, and I totally agree, that you should not get all of your news from one source.

As for George Soros funding progressive groups: Excellent! The Koch Bros. do the same thing for their regressive organizations and regressive PACS and regressive politicians.
That is definitely a very left leaning progressive analogy but then there is no sense being a left leaning progressive unless you can act like one
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.