Love's Travel Stop coming to Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2020, 09:44 PM
Sage
Default Love's Travel Stop coming to Wildwood

Love's Travel Stop is planning to locate on the west side 301, just south of the Turnpike interchange. Plans will be reviewed at next week's Wildwood Planning and Zoning Board meeting.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Love'sTravelStop.pdf (1.69 MB, 322 views)
Old 01-30-2020, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

One can only hope it comes with a Chester's
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20200111_151557.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	82772  
Old 01-31-2020, 04:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Best place to stop driving north to south
Old 01-31-2020, 06:47 AM
Michael Charles

As a retired over the road truck driver I looked forward to knowing that there was a Love's travel center on my route.

1. They were almost always a clean place for a fuel stop.
2. They were a good place for an overnight stay.
3. They often had a Chester's fried chicken!

At this proposed location (west of 301 south of the turnpike interchange) it would be nearly impossible for any traffic travelling north on the turnpike to get to it if the exit remains without a traffic light. I recall it taking me 25 or more seconds to complete a left turn just like it is there driving my semi with a sleeper cab pulling a 53 ft. trailer. Also, travelling southbound on the turnpike all exiting traffic would easily get to it but unless there is a traffic light at the proposed Love's exit it would make it very dangerous for traffic exiting desiring to get back on the turnpike. That section of 301 is in dire need of a total makeover (widening 301 making it 4 lanes plus it would require a new turnpike overpass to accommodate the widening) with additional traffic light in order to make it safe. The traffic already present is very busy with all the dump trucks and service companies going into the new villages locations and most likely will be for many years to come.

Last edited by Michael Charles; 01-31-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
As a retired over the road truck driver I looked forward to knowing that there was a Love's travel center on my route.

1. They were almost always a clean place for a fuel stop.
2. They were a good place for an overnight stay.
3. They often had a Chester's fried chicken!

At this proposed location (west of 301 south of the turnpike interchange) it would be impossible for any traffic travelling north on the turnpike to get to it if the exit remains as it presently is just merging with northbound 301 traffic. Also, travelling southbound on the turnpike all exiting traffic would easily get to it but unless there is a traffic light at the proposed Love's exit it would make it very dangerous for traffic exiting desiring to get back on the turnpike. That section of 301 is in dire need of a total makeover (widening 301 making it 4 lanes plus it would require a new turnpike overpass to accommodate the widening) with additional traffic light in order to make it safe. The traffic already present is very busy with all the dump trucks and service companies going into the new villages locations and most likely will be for many years to come.
Excellent points regarding the roads in that area. I know there are plans being developed and funding being allocated for the widening of 301 to four lanes and the redesign of the turnpike interchanges. I can't remember the specifics or the timing.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:02 PM
Michael Charles

I made a few changes to my post for clarification.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

On our 11 hour drive to Louisiana and back, we always try to stop at Love's. However, the last couple of times we have also stopped at Buc-ee's (wow, what a place).
Buc-ee's Beaver has the Fun Stores
Old 02-01-2020, 10:18 AM

does Love's sell ethanol free?
Closed Thread

Tags
loves, stop, travel, wildwood, planning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.