Home Depot Coming to Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2022, 10:03 PM

Husband always get Veteran discount at Home Depot in Wi but not here in TV.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Arrow Valspar and Behr Have More Than One Grade From Which to Choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
IMO: HD has better brands of paint for sure, Behr. Valspar at Lowes uggg 3 coats. Has better building supplies. Truck rentals.

Lowes: Better choice of interior design products, ie lighting, curtains, decorative stuff. Selection of appliances.
The quality of the paint you use is not only determined by the brand you use. You need to take note of the grade you used and that it probably wasn't their best or even close to their top-of-the-line. I'm guessing what you had was their lowest grade and that's why it took so many coats.

It's the old story . . . You get what you pay for!
Old 10-31-2022, 03:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,041 Times in 5,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
And they took out the four way stop at the Aldi intersection!!!!
Still shake my head at that one
Old 10-31-2022, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I love Home Depot and it would have been nice to go by golf cart but since you can’t I will just continue to shop at Lowes. The existing Home Depot is closer to me so if I need to take the car I will go there.
I'm located pretty much right in the middle of the 441 Home Depot and now the new one to be built on 466A. No complaints from me.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Doubtful, and Ace is hardly a mom & pop outfit. There are many niches in the hardware world that Ace fills, that HD and Lowe's do not. Need just a couple specialized fasteners? Ace is the place. Need a propane tank refilled? Ace again. Also, Ace usually employs very knowledgeable people who can offer valuable assistance. Often times their staff are retired tradesmen. There will always be a place for Ace.
Ace is the place for those sensors in our light posts too.
Old 10-31-2022, 06:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
With the construction on 27/441, we haven’t been to HD in awhile. Always loved the hot dogs outside HD. Don’t know if they’re still there, but if so, hope they relocate to the new HD on 466A.
I was at Home Depot on 441 yesterday. You will be happy to know the hot dog guy is still there and always looks busy.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:08 PM

Agreed! One observation, tho. After just carting up to Walmart(Wedgewood Ln), they also have the same 4-way intersections with only 2-way stop signs. The major difference is the distance the intersections are from the major highway(s). The Wedgewood intersections are spaced adequately from CR466. The Trailwinds Blvd/Seven Mile Dr intersection is too close to CR466A, which could backup CR466A. I think it was a design flaw. I don't think removing the 4-way was a great decision either, but I also witnessed a near accident on Wedgewood yesterday, with the individual did not realize the vehicle entering did not have a stop sign. BTW, I also think one of the most dangerous intersections in TV is the one at Colony Blvd/Sembler Way?! Someone(especially a cart) is going to get hurt there?!
Closed Thread

Tags
home, powell, road, depot, businesses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.