Hot water

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Sage
Default Re: Hot water

We're supposedly in the "Electric Village" of Duval and we have not had this problem. The water gets really hot right away.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

Common you wusses get tough or shower in a wet suit ;D
Jus sayin
Handie :joke:
Old 02-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

chels, after you turn the hot water on at the sink farthest from the hot water heater, how long does it take before the water is hot.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have the problem in Caroline...it takes forever for the water to heat up for a shower.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlemyre
In The Villages, a "gentlemen" always lets his wife shower first.
In TV, like elsewhere, a bachelor gentleman offers to shower with his guest. :hot:
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 02-24-2008, 05:08 AM
Sage

Hi Golfnut, just saw you question so I went to time it and it took only 8 seconds. We don't seem to have any trouble with hot water.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

WOW, that is fast, no problem there.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Platinum member

With all this talk about tankless hot water heaters... I work for a contractor in Ocala and we use them when we design a large house where some of the bathrooms are a long way from the main hot water heater. They can be installed right in a bathroom vanity or closet without taking up very much room at all. But if you get one, keep in mind that all you need is a small one. You only need to heat enough water to last until the "real" hot water from the main tank travels its journey to that particular outlet. As soon as the hot water from the main tank reaches it, it switches off. In the meantime, you have almost instantaneous hot water without heating up a large quantity... the best of both worlds.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Ooper

Do you have a brand or type you recommend? Are these electric or gas? How expensive are they?
Old 02-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Platinum member

I'd rather not recommend a brand but if you Google "tankless water heaters" or "point of use water heaters" you'll find many to choose from. They start around $150 +/- on up. They come in gas and electric (both 110 vac and 220 vac). You need to determine your needs and what you can afford. Research user reviews (there are many sites on the internet) and take a trip over to Lowes or Home Depot.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:10 AM

I have an on demand circulator..............its great.......I push a button, and wait a bit and thenn I turn my water on............and it is hot.................no wasted water. Cost to run about $1 per yr.

We also installed a waterless heater.........no water tank.........again great. If you are not using hot water, then none is made........again saving $$$$$ on electric.

Go Green.

And while you are at it, drive your golf cart everywhere. I only fill up my car gas tank once a month.........saving 60 gallons....I am trying for two months. Will you all join me in fighting these high gas prices? Lets reduce the demand.................
Old 07-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I for one am paying attention to these suggestions......I have been yelling about this hot water delay for two years..........My hot water take 16 minutes to get to the shower.....
Now I'll have to admit that going from my hotwater heater to the shower , you pass a Howard Johnsons on the way......But doesn't that seem a little excessive......

Brrrrr Fumar
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Default Hot water problems

We just purchased a designer home in Hadley and are experiencing the same hot water problems i.e. taking minutes to get hot water. Even the dishwasher is not cleaning the dishes with the water being cool. Is this problem unique to Hadley?

I called the plumber to inquire about this problem and he stated that the cheaper homes do not have water circulators. The more expensive ones do.To get one installed, it would cost about $550-about 1 hour's work. Anyone know of a plumber who can do it cheaper or offer any other solutions to getting hot water faster?

We're told to conserve water by irrigating once a week yet what we're saving is "going down the drain" by running the water excessive minutes to get hot water.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Cost and water saving solution. Go in the bathroom, turn on the hot water at your sink, brush your teeth using the cold water flowing from the hot water tap, when it comes out hot, shut it off and if not finished, use cold water tap, turn on the shower (now with almost immeadiate hot water) and jump in.

No wasted water.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:12 PM

I installed a Laing Instant Hot Water Recirculating Pump http://www.lainginc.com/UCT-303-B.htm in my house in NC and it worked very well. It is a $150 do-it-yourself installation without need for any more pipes since it recirculates the water back through the cold water pipe.

I've thought about installing one here in our Lantana but have hesitated because I notice that the water in the hot water line cools very rapidly once it is shut off. I expect it does this because the pipe runs through the concrete floor which draws heat out of the pipe quickly. I'm afraid that a recirculating system will end up wasting a lot of energy heating the floor.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.