Hot water

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrahin View Post
Bubba: It is unbeliable that you have to wait up to 5 minutes for the hot water. How many people dont even have cold water to take a shower with. Count your blessings.
Am I missing something? Isn't the primary issue here the waste of water--a precious commodity--rather than the inconvenience of having to wait a minute or two before stepping into the shower (or whatever)?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Platinum member

That's right. Let's get back to the water.
There are five pages here so far and most have the same problem with long delays in hot water delivery. I have that problem too, and I'm convinced a tankless water system is not the solution.

I installed a Takagi TK-3 tankless water heating system in my four bedroom rambling house up north about a year ago. I have experienced significant savings on my gas bills, but I use more water because the tankless system cannot deliver hot water as quickly as our tank did formerly. I'm not thrilled with that, but I accept it because water is far cheaper up north.

But here in TV I would have serious concern about the additional waste of water if I installed a tankless system. For snowbirds and those away from home a lot, tankless systems would provide more savings, but I would be concerned that the water losses for full-time residents would be greater than the gas savings.

I like to know more about circulating systems, but until I do I think the water waste problem here is serious, and as much as tankless hot water systems are great, they make the water usage problem worse.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Luckily, our home layout has the main bedroom suite bathroom closer to the hot water tank. The guest bath is farther away...but it is not used hardly at all, so the occasional wait is not the problem.

We seem to wait forever for hot water at the kitchen sink. I plan on installing a small point of use hot water tank under the sink for that problem. That should also help the dishwasher, although I did not think we had any problems with the dishwasher.

Frank D.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Default hot water

There is a pump system that you can have installed and it will keep the water hot at the fatherest faucet from the tank. It ia a unit made by Watts. If you go on line and in the search bar put in Watts and you can read all about. Installed cost is about $275.00 by me

drd

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.