House Cleaners and COVID-19

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2020, 09:13 AM
Default House Cleaners and COVID-19

What are thoughts about letting cleaners into homes during this time? Mine are scheduled for Tuesday. Considering still having them come but requiring them to leave their equipment and supplies in their car. Would need to wash their hands immediately and use only my supplies, vacuum and such. Hate to take away the livelihood of two families during this difficult time.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
What are thoughts about letting cleaners into homes during this time? Mine are scheduled for Tuesday. Considering still having them come but requiring them to leave their equipment and supplies in their car. Would need to wash their hands immediately and use only my supplies, vacuum and such. Hate to take away the livelihood of two families during this difficult time.
If they are infected, their clothes would still be contaminated even if washing their hands, in which case they would still contaminate your equipment.
Catch 22.
Why not be straight up with them and tell them your fear, then pay them for this week, as a show of good faith, but not let them clean, and say you will notify them when you will start using them again.
They do say that after six months dust does not get any worse!!
Old 03-15-2020, 10:00 AM

That sounds reasonable if you are comfortable with that. As long as everyone in your household is well and they are well the risk should be low.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:55 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
- - - - - - - - - - Hate to take away the livelihood of two families during this difficult time.

I would do my own cleaning but I definitely would pay those who clean for me.

It is something we can do to help hardworking people we know and depend on who are bearing so much more risk than most of us can imagine. The money we will not even miss could make a big difference.

These are surreal times during which we will learn more each day about who we really are — and who others really are. Knowing we quietly did “the right thing” by acting with compassion will feel good. I guarantee it.

One of my favorite sayings about money is, “Money is like manure. If it piles up it stinks. To do any good, it must be spread around.”
Old 03-15-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

It is something we can do to help hardworking people we know and depend on who are bearing so much more risk than most of us can imagine. The money we will not even miss could make a big difference.

These are surreal times during which we will learn more each day about who we really are — and who others really are. Knowing we quietly did “the right thing” by acting with compassion will feel good. I guarantee it.

One of my favorite sayings about money is, “Money is like manure. If it piles up it stinks. To do any good, it must be spread around.”
I like that saying. It should also be spread around.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Old 03-16-2020, 05:32 AM

No, they are going from house to house I can guarantee you they are NOT terminally decontaminating themselves or their equipment from house to house. A major way to spread the virus. Suck it up and do your own cleaning the best you can, don’t bring the bug inside your space. LBlue, RN
Old 03-16-2020, 07:08 AM

It is sad that folks will now have to learn to clean their own homes and learn how to cook.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texased View Post
It is sad that folks will now have to learn to clean their own homes and learn how to cook.
I know you are joking 😂

But as we all can attest to , we’ve done all the cooking and cleaning (and more) during most of our adult life and now that we’re “retired” , it’s nice to have things done for us if we can afford it ! 😊
Old 03-16-2020, 08:13 AM
Default Common Sense

Quote:

Intelligent, compassionate, common-sense reply. Very well stated.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

we need to all practice social distancing....this includes eliminating the service people that come into our homes

this is one of those times in life when we all need to just put our 'big boy' and 'big girl' pants on and fend for ourselves

yup, start cooking at home again...yup use the vacuum and the dust pan yourself...let the windows go for months, who cares

we can help our less fortunate neighbors that live outside TV and provide all the labor needed to make things work in TV's by taking advantage of the 'buy-one-get-one' and the '2 for 1' sale items at the grocery stores....I encourage you to pick these items up and donate the second item to a local food bank....many of these folks live week to week, and this whole shut down may last for months....if we all do this it will be a huge boon to the local food bank pantries
Old 03-16-2020, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
we need to all practice social distancing....this includes eliminating the service people that come into our homes

this is one of those times in life when we all need to just put our 'big boy' and 'big girl' pants on and fend for ourselves

yup, start cooking at home again...yup use the vacuum and the dust pan yourself...let the windows go for months, who cares

we can help our less fortunate neighbors that live outside TV and provide all the labor needed to make things work in TV's by taking advantage of the 'buy-one-get-one' and the '2 for 1' sale items at the grocery stores....I encourage you to pick these items up and donate the second item to a local food bank....many of these folks live week to week, and this whole shut down may last for months....if we all do this it will be a huge boon to the local food bank pantries
Very well stated......
Old 03-16-2020, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

We need about 65 Million more people...just like you.

...FAN.
Closed Thread

Tags
cleaners, supplies, time, immediately, wash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.