How busy is Sam's Club?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 08:08 AM

When they opened on Monday there were probably 100- 150 people in line waiting to get in, lots of water available no paper products. Big store so people were spaced out but many were there for paper it seemed.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamsneff@gmail.com View Post
Yes have been there once a week and each time about 2:00 on a Mon and a Tues. if you download the Scan and Go App you don’t have to wait in the check out lanes which is usually the worst part. It not only saves time, but less chance of being near others in the check out lanes along with not having to touch things to check out. Each time we have been there they received pallets of toilet paper and Scott towels and this last time they just got in 3 can packages of Lysol. They have had each time one gallon containers of Sanitizer in the cleaning section (Pink) which helps with all our sanitizing. Check back in those areas multiple times when shopping because the pallets appear quickly and products go fast especially paper products. Meat department always has some meats but sometimes mainly pork and sometimes mainly chicken etc. Hamburger hard to come by. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables along with eggs, milk etc. With their one item limits on many things there is a lot more to go around now. They announced yesterday they are doing curbside pickup if you order online in addition to in store pickup.
Fresh Market has ground chuck and chicken breasts on Tuesdays for $2.99/lb. Limit of 5 lbs. of each.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
Fresh Market has ground chuck and chicken breasts on Tuesdays for $2.99/lb. Limit of 5 lbs. of each.
Got both last week. Excellent
Old 04-02-2020, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,204 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
They have delivery through Instacart, that's what I did .
Instacart has taken our order...charged our card.....delivery due today.....no communication but web sight says delay until tomorrow evening....calling them is futile with 300 minutes wait time.

If I don't hear from them by noon I will cancel and shift my order to pick up.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I've only made the mistake of going to Sam's club early only once and that was quite a while ago and people were acting feral that day too.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,095 Times in 418 Posts

Walmart’s still letting in as many people as possible. People were standing in line, cart distance between, then let everyone in. Neighbor said it was so unsafe for the elderly.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:00 AM

I would suggest not going to Sam's during senior hours. The line this morning was unbelievably long, and it was a half hour before the doors opened. The rest of the day, it's fine. Easy to keep a healthy distance from others. Having senior hours in this area seems to be a sure fire way to draw a huge crowd together. I know the stores are trying to be considerate, but the idea wasn't very well thought through.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,339 Times in 2,396 Posts

Senior hours sound nice but here where we are all seniors whats the point?

Still wondering when demand for TP will equal the supply.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Instacart has taken our order...charged our card.....delivery due today.....no communication but web sight says delay until tomorrow evening....calling them is futile with 300 minutes wait time.

If I don't hear from them by noon I will cancel and shift my order to pick up.
I am really becoming confused with all this. I joined Instacart, placed order, (thru Sams Club) and states to be delivered today. Haven't heard otherwise. But, before I joined Instacart, I attempted the in store pick-up and I called the store to make sure if it was curbside or you had to go into the store. Spouse & I both would be unable to go into store to pick- up same. I was informed, by the employee on the phone, that pick up was discontinued. When I questioned this, she reiterated that there is NO pick-up.
Now only available on new "seniors" plan, available between 0700 & 0900 on Tuesday and Thursday. I am unable to keep up with all the changes these places are making with the pick-up and/or delivery. I tried to place order thru Publix/Instacart and delivery was scheduled for Saturday evening..... Walmart has no delivery options for next couple days/keep checking back....It seems all one gets accomplished on a daily basis now is trying to find basic items if you are limited in your ability to physically shop these stores.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,204 Times in 906 Posts

Update on my instacart order. The system worked as advertized. Shopper was in touch with me for outages and substitutions.

They were within 20 minutes of their promised delivery from 2 days ago.

Yes there is a fee and included tip to be paid.

I gave an additional tip at delivery as the experience was a satisfying pleasant surprise.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I went this afternoon to pick up stuff. Lot's of fish and meat but no hamburger. Still no paper towel, plates, or of course toilet paper. These last 3 must be the top of the professional hoarders list!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,095 Times in 418 Posts

Ordered paper products from Amazon, late Thursday, arrived Monday.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:34 PM

We went the middle of the afternoon. Not too busy, but the selection was thin for many items. They have a phone app you can use. Scan your items as you put them in the cart, pay with a CC entered on the phone, and leave. No waiting in check out lines.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,427 Posts

Our Walmart pick up order was about half of the amount we ordered. I really felt bad for the people loading the cars, to say they were stressed out is an understatement. We never had to leave the car, just popped the trunk and they took care of the rest. We left a note with a nice gratuity in the truck.

People were beside themselves and rightfully so. I pulled into parking spot #2 and they brought my order out before people that were waiting there for some time. Not my fault. Every spot was full. I would have been upset to but today we caught a break. Only bad thing, not one piece of meat in the order and I had the Weber out and ready to go. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day to hunt down TP and Meat. I would even accept Chicken.

We joined Sams again and were disappointed with the first order. Why the hell do they let you order an item that they can't deliver? It's 2020 not 1920, come to think of it that may be the problem. Good Night!
Closed Thread

Tags
sams, busy, time, wondering, past

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.