How do you get your significant other to dance?

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Gold member

I'm a big dancer and my husband prefers sports! However I did get him to dance because marriage is about compromise. So alone I hula dance, line dance and clog. There are many options he can choose from. Together we country partner dance, ballroom dance, swing dance, etc. Try different types of dance and see what appeals to him. He may enjoy country partner or ballroom? Since there are so many free classes offered, you have nothing to lose. Lots of luck! Hope to see you both on the dance floor!
Old 07-15-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liere View Post
After seeing the line dancing done at the squares I decided I wanted to give it a try. I went to the Chula Vista rec center on Thursdays afternoon for the beginners men's class. There must have been about 40 guys learning the basics....good class and I learned a few steps and have done some line dancing at the squares. He may be willing to go to this class.
This is very helpful. A class of just men might be what he needs. All those women at the senior center were making him jumpy.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosygail View Post
Get him some good private ballroom dance lessons. Not Free group classes. You should both go as a couple and I recommend a male instructor. It will help him feel more manly while dancing if he is doing what another guy told him to do. My husband hated dancing and after 8 private lessons he was hooked. We continued to take lessons and dance at least 2 times every week for 10 years till we moved to The Villages. Now no lessons but we are still dancing 2 times a week or more. It's a great way to make friends too!
We tried this for our wedding. We took private lessons wit a male teacher. Unfortunately, the teacher told him he had no rhythm and kept saying, "if she can do it, why can't you?" Needless to say, that didn't help his fear of dancing. I think he's just outgoing in different ways.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:30 PM

six gun,three rounds in the floor ,he will be dancing like Fred Astaire
Old 07-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruannB View Post
The last time he took dance lessons was for our wedding 10 years ago. The last time he danced with me--10 years ago. Hopeless, huh? I did promise to learn to play bridge, however, if he would learn line dancing.
Promise him something a little more to his liking.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Promise him something a little more to his liking.

Sometimes even that won't work. I say dance with your friends. [emoji12]

Tags
dance, dancing, husband, ease, question, learning, learn, advice, clock, battle, enjoy, losing, call, watching, humor, lessons, line, center, wanted, ready, villages, senior, local, significant, tonight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.