How to handle the Baltimore rioter.

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2015, 04:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
If a father was hitting his daughter like that, would people be saying, "Go Dad"??

Even a father hitting his son........
Should she have scolded him and put him in timeout?
Old 04-28-2015, 05:30 PM

On the local news here in Maryland the mother is getting positive coverage. The positive coverage is from local citizens and politicians.
As of today, Tuesday, their has been 247 arrest, 144 vehicles burned, 15 structure fires and 20 injured officers. Officers from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Washington DC are either here now or on the way.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinMd View Post
On the local news here in Maryland the mother is getting positive coverage. The positive coverage is from local citizens and politicians.
As of today, Tuesday, their has been 247 arrest, 144 vehicles burned, 15 structure fires and 20 injured officers. Officers from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Washington DC are either here now or on the way.
The president says that the disturbance was caused "by a handful of criminals and thugs."
Old 04-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The president says that it is all caused by a handful of thugs.
Well. I 'd dearly like to believe him. But he's wrong. Checks on social media sources indicate that anarchists and thugs from all over the country are involved in the riots in Baltimore. At least 20 of the sources participated in the Ferguson riots.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:53 PM
Sage
Default How to handle the Baltimore rioter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Please don't relegate it to that. There needs to be straight talk from identifiable posters on these problems taking society down the crapper.
I do not disagree. That is why I use my real name on the political threads as I do on the normal TOTV threads. You are right Sunny and I retract my comment. Thank you for caring and correcting me.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
You missed the main point. Where is dad?
She is a single Mom with 6 kids; go figure.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
You missed the main point. Where is dad?
I disagree. The main point is SOME parent in that kid's life cares enough to show him right from wrong.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I disagree. The main point is SOME parent in that kid's life cares enough to show him right from wrong.

And God bless her for beating his butt.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Exactly.

I saw her interviewed briefly this evening in a calmer, news/talk setting, and she is trying to keep her only son alive and out of prison. "I'm a single mother of 6 children, and I choose not to live like that any more!"

Here she is, speaking about the incident. I like her, and you can bet the teachers in the district WISH their students had a mom or dad like her.

Watch - Toya Graham INTERVIEW- Baltimore Mom Hits Son During Riots: 'I Was Shock' |VIDEO
Old 04-29-2015, 05:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
It's very interesting how different people assimilate words said by someone else.

When I first heard the words "a handful of criminals and thugs," I took it exactly as said -- meaning (let's say), less than ten bad guys started the free-for-all. That's what I understood it to mean and I truly believe that's what was meant.

I think those words have been severely blown out of proportion and exaggerated.

I saw this live and this tape has been edited. A portion left out were these words; “One burning building will be looped on television over and over again and the thousand of demonstrators who did it the right way have been lost in the discussion,” President Obama

Obama criticizes black deaths by police, rioters and society

I think that Mama is doing a better job of gaining my respect.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-29-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:12 AM
deestatham

I live in Baltimore. We're moving to The Villages in September. I'm SICK about the riots. Our city is a wreck. It had come so far since the riots of 1968 and now we're right back where we were. My experience has been that the police aren't the problem - the family structure is the problem and the school system stinks. I find that the people will look for any reason to cause trouble. Just walking down the street in some neighborhoods you can get taunted. They do not want white people in the city and look for any reason to cause trouble. Did you know that Baltimore is now the heroin capital of the U.S. - YUP! Isn't it great! People drive from all over to buy their heroin here. As much as I've loved this city all my life, I'm SO glad to be getting out of here.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
It's very interesting how different people assimilate words said by someone else.

When I first heard the words "a handful of criminals and thugs," I took it exactly as said -- meaning (let's say), less than ten bad guys started the free-for-all. That's what I understood it to mean and I truly believe that's what was meant.

I think those words have been severely blown out of proportion and exaggerated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I saw this live and this tape has been edited. A portion left out were these words; “One burning building will be looped on television over and over again and the thousand of demonstrators who did it the right way have been lost in the discussion,” President Obama

Obama criticizes black deaths by police, rioters and society

I think that Mama is doing a better job of gaining my respect.
Good on both of you, as they say in OZ.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:45 AM

Come on down.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:48 AM
deestatham

Baltimore Guy: I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:02 AM
Gold member

The sober, thinking American public is being taken for utter fools if anyone thinks we believe Baltimore "was ruled" Monday night by "a handful" of criminals and thugs, with these factual numbers involved.

And these don't even include all the "criminals and thugs" who got away or went unnoticed.

Personally, I'm mighty tired of being lied to and taken for a fool when told such nonsense. Disrespect for elected leadership is earned.
"Baltimore Police said

235 arrests were made overnight--

201 adults and 34 juveniles.

Twenty officers were injured in Monday night's violence.

The mayor's office said the city's fire department dealt with

fires in 144 vehicles and

Fires in 15 buildings.

Baltimore police said one person is in critical condition after one of those fires.

Violence ruled Baltimore Monday night......."
Baltimore riots lead to 202 arrests, 159 fires - Baltimore Sun

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.