How to handle the Baltimore rioter.

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

A drop in the bucket compared to the size of Baltimore... also compared to the Halloween fires in Detroit and New Year's Eve vandalism in the outer suburbs of Paris.

I'm not justifying it, but nothing "ruled" Baltimore except the media.

I am a staunch supporter of LE officers--had them in my family and as friends. But these riots are going to continue as long as incidents like the snapped spine, et al, continue. I think some neighborhoods would benefit by being policed by more of their own.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:25 AM
deestatham

Freddy Gray had spinal surgery the week before the arrest due to a car accident he had earlier.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Freddy Gray had spinal surgery the week before the arrest due to a car accident he had earlier.
A "minor detail", I suppose we'll be told it is.

One week after ANY torso surgery is not long enough for things to heal back together and hold when you're out on the streets and not slowly, carefully walking in your house.

I don't think anybody thinks the cops who arrested him are all innocent of something awful done to him. But in hearing from Baltimore officials speaking in the news that the police force there is a majority of minority officers, I don't think a racial imbalance in the force is the issue.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
That is false. snopes.com: Freddie Gray Had Spinal Surgery?
Old 04-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Sage
Quote:
No, The Wild Theory About Freddie Gray's 'Pre-Existing' Spinal Injury Isn't True

Where oh where did you get that information? Please post a link. It seems this rumor has been debunked by the Baltimore Sun.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I live in Baltimore. We're moving to The Villages in September. I'm SICK about the riots. Our city is a wreck. It had come so far since the riots of 1968 and now we're right back where we were. My experience has been that the police aren't the problem - the family structure is the problem and the school system stinks. I find that the people will look for any reason to cause trouble. Just walking down the street in some neighborhoods you can get taunted. They do not want white people in the city and look for any reason to cause trouble. Did you know that Baltimore is now the heroin capital of the U.S. - YUP! Isn't it great! People drive from all over to buy their heroin here. As much as I've loved this city all my life, I'm SO glad to be getting out of here.
You think Baltimore is rough? We have roundabouts to deal with!
Old 04-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Platinum member

What if free-speech protesters were to choose a city to demonstrate. And they chose The Villages. And they posted it on social media. 500 came to demonstrate. Would the politicians in Florida let Brownwood square burn. Someday, one of these guys are going to say "hey why are we burning down our own house"

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 04-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Mother of the year: 6 children by different fathers - none in the home. When did we start celebrating motherhood like that? Gee, regular everyday mothers are married, Dad is home, they work and raise children without government help. They are the "mothers of the year". Some people are beginning to get so conditioned to this nonsense of entitlement that they think the kind of behavior shown by this mom is incredibly notable.
How far have we fallen.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 04-30-2015, 12:43 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
Mother of the year: 6 children by different fathers - none in the home. When did we start celebrating motherhood like that? Gee, regular everyday mothers are married, Dad is home, they work and raise children without government help. They are the "mothers of the year". Some people are beginning to get so conditioned to this nonsense of entitlement that they think the kind of behavior shown by this mom is incredibly notable.
How far have we fallen.
The title of "mother of the year" was in the headlines, not from people here.

She can't go back and re-do the births of her children to have them all of the same father. But she can and did resolve to change what she can change NOW. She's trying to keep her son from being another Freddie Gray and to keep him alive and out of the gangs.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Get in trouble, you stay in jail

If you run from a cop, you may be harmed.

You burn your butt...you sit on the blister.

Some of the things heard growing up a few decades ago.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
The title of "mother of the year" was in the headlines, not from people here.

She can't go back and re-do the births of her children to have them all of the same father. But she can and did resolve to change what she can change NOW. She's trying to keep her son from being another Freddie Gray and to keep him alive and out of the gangs.
AND, she just recently lost her job. So it's not like she's been living on welfare, as a former poster "suggested."

People who are calling this a beating and child abuse are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. She wasn't even hitting hard enough to hurt him, a la Adrian Petersen style with a switch.

That kid has a chance at succeeding under her care.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
AND, she just recently lost her job. So it's not like she's been living on welfare, as a former poster "suggested."

People who are calling this a beating and child abuse are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. She wasn't even hitting hard enough to hurt him, a la Adrian Petersen style with a switch.

That kid has a chance at succeeding under her care.
This mother showing up in person, on the scene, could well be the only thing standing between her son and life in prison.

And because of all the praise for her tough love caught on tape, the boy was able to see from friends and strangers commenting that HIS mom cares and others wish they had a mom or dad who cares. This could well be a turning point for him.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.