How many 'Villagers' are as tired of this as I am?>

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2020, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
...almost wish for a Doc's Delorean ride with Marty and go back to 1960's...
Most of the 60's were pretty good for people like me (white male, too young to be drafted), but not so much...for a lot of others.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The 60's had a lot of turmoil, of course Vietnam effected just about everyone and everything. We started with Buddy Holly, Elvis and then Beatles, so there was some good in that decade. TVs got color, homes got air conditioning, and I graduated from high school.

I took a train from St. Petersburg to Baltimore the spring of '69. After I returned from the dining car, a young mother and baby were in my seat, so I went to lounge. Spent the entire rest of the trip with a bunch of Army guys, it seemed like they were having more fun than me. After I spend that summer working in a sub shop on the boardwalk in Ocean City Maryland. I returned to Florida and quit college, and even though my draft lottery status was never in jeopardy, I enlisted in the Army January 1970.

I volunteered for Vietnam and what happens, they sent me to Korea for 13 months, and then 12 months in Savannah Georgia. When I got out, I worked for the FAA for the next 8 years. In my free time I bought and sold four new homes before I was 29 years old. The last two I was my own general contractor, without ever getting any real training.

Played on a softball team for five years, bowled in a league, lived on the Gulf Coast in both St. Petersburg and Pensacola, couldn't of asked for better places. The 1970's if I could live them again, I would do it in a heartbeat!!
Old 06-06-2020, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyworld View Post
There is still no vaccine for aids, how many decades are you going to wait!!
.........but there is a very effective treatment!
Old 06-06-2020, 07:19 PM

Dean FL take is Easy take it Easy
Old 06-06-2020, 07:31 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyworld View Post
There is still no vaccine for aids, how many decades are you going to wait!!
Well, there are many people who have aids and are able to live a fairly normal life.

They don't need to wear a mask to go to the gym, the movie theater or to buy groceries.

Because of mine and my wife's compromised health conditions we can't risk being with many of our loved ones because of their professions.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

grrrrrrrrrrrr!

OK, just now - had a radio talk show on while reading the (happy news)TV paper. The show happened to play all the Drew Brees matter - his initial comments, the retraction, another retraction, his fellow player's condemnation, etc etc etc. I felt my blood pressure raising along with my heart rate thruout. After trying to intellectually listen for about 8 minutes, off went the radio. ONCE AGAIN... THAT'S IT!!! I'm back to my hobbytime with CD's playing music. It's good for my mental and physical conditioning.

'course we're set to play golf this afternoon, and THAT'S not good for me either....but at least I'm away from 'current events'

Tags
life, simply, horrific, hurricane, facts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.