How "The Science" can change in less than 24 hours

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2021, 05:04 PM
Default How "The Science" can change in less than 24 hours

Yesterday:

REPORTER: “But we can gather for Christmas or it’s just too soon to tell?”

FAUCI: “It’s just too soon to tell”

Today:

FAUCI: “I will be spending Christmas with my family. I encourage people -- particularly the vaccinated people who are protected -- to have a good, normal Christmas with your family.”
Old 10-04-2021, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Yesterday:

Today:

FAUCI: “I will be spending Christmas with my family. I encourage people -- particularly the vaccinated people who are protected -- to have a good, normal Christmas with your family.”
There is absolutely no change in what Dr Fauci said, just as there is no change in your constant attacks on a person who has devoted his life to combating disease. Statement one is about the nation as a whole, asking will the pandemic be over by Xmas. He honestly answers that we don't know yet. Will the anti-vax people see the light? Will a new strain emerge? Will hospitals continue to have to triage? Those kind of well informed questions lead Dr Fauci to his cautious answer.

The second statement is also clear. If you and your family are full vaccinated you can have a good normal Xmas. The unspoken part of that second statement is that if you and your family are not vaccinated then whether it is safe to gather is still unknown. So are you intentionally being obtuse or do you really not understand what is very clear to me in those two statements?

The science did NOT change. But science does improve knowledge with testing and evaluation in an ongoing manner. So if at some point the science does change that does not make an earlier statement wrong based on the information available at the time. However, when information is available it is the obligation of those who wish to claim the mantle of science to be up to date in their pronouncements. For those who are anti-science, ignorant, or incapable of understanding the literature and believe their own "opinions" about vaccines or deworming meds or social distancing, or masking should be taken seriously, just No to them.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
There is absolutely no change in what Dr Fauci said, just as there is no change in your constant attacks on a person who has devoted his life to combating disease. Statement one is about the nation as a whole, asking will the pandemic be over by Xmas. He honestly answers that we don't know yet. Will the anti-vax people see the light? Will a new strain emerge? Will hospitals continue to have to triage? Those kind of well informed questions lead Dr Fauci to his cautious answer.

The second statement is also clear. If you and your family are full vaccinated you can have a good normal Xmas. The unspoken part of that second statement is that if you and your family are not vaccinated then whether it is safe to gather is still unknown. So are you intentionally being obtuse or do you really not understand what is very clear to me in those two statements?

The science did NOT change. But science does improve knowledge with testing and evaluation in an ongoing manner. So if at some point the science does change that does not make an earlier statement wrong based on the information available at the time. However, when information is available it is the obligation of those who wish to claim the mantle of science to be up to date in their pronouncements. For those who are anti-science, ignorant, or incapable of understanding the literature and believe their own "opinions" about vaccines or deworming meds or social distancing, or masking should be taken seriously, just No to them.
Thank you, I couldn't have said it better

Of course, you realize that some posters have an agenda, it might be an idiotic agenda, but an agenda nonetheless

The sad part is that there may be some people out there that believe some of the garbage that is spit out on this site
Old 10-04-2021, 08:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Since March of 2020, Except for me all my kids, grandchildren, plus my other half spent every holiday, including Christmas, with hundreds of unvaccinated. Plan is to do it again, this Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Since March of 2020, Except for me all my kids, grandchildren, plus my other half spent every holiday, including Christmas, with hundreds of unvaccinated. Plan is to do it again, this Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
That is sad, I wish you luck in your plans.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Of course, you realize that some posters have an agenda, it might be an idiotic agenda, but an agenda nonetheless

The sad part is that there may be some people out there that believe some of the garbage that is spit out on this site
I waited to form an opinion until I read the OP, and having read it, it is my opinion that the post is intended to (I think the kids say this) cast shade on science. Anti-science is rampant and sad. I could be wrong and the poster was honest and sincere and did not have an "implied" comment.

But, considering the history of this site and the strong implication of constantly changing science, I doubt that.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I waited to form an opinion until I read the OP, and having read it, it is my opinion that the post is intended to (I think the kids say this) cast shade on science. Anti-science is rampant and sad. I could be wrong and the poster was honest and sincere and did not have an "implied" comment.

But, considering the history of this site and the strong implication of constantly changing science, I doubt that.
Throw shade, but yeah.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

I didn't know you were a Fauci fan?
Old 10-05-2021, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Sad? That is your opinion. It sounds joyful to me.

I don't need anyone's advice on how I should spend the holidays with my family. I would rather rely on my own common sense and critical thinking, which may be referred to as personal responsibility. Common sense and critical thinking is, IMHO, rapidly diminishing in today's society.
I have successfully and healthfully ascended into my 70's, and I'm not about to change what has gotten me this far.
If other's feel the need to be directed, that's their choice, not mine.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:23 AM

Don’t understand the division. Vaxed or unvaxed, “science” proves both contract and pass the virus. If you and yours are healthy, enjoy your holidays with your loved ones. If you are sick stay home. Advice we have all followed and passed on for decades.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Dont forget to put the bullet in chamber #6 before you spin
Old 10-05-2021, 05:08 AM
Thumbs up Fauci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Fauci has not been right about anything that he was not wrong first.

On January 21, 2020 Fauci said “Americans Don't Need To Worry About Coronavirus.

On February 8, 2020 Danger of getting coronavirus now is just minusculely low.'

On February 2020 tells the Today Show that there is NO NEED for the public to change their behavior over concern for Coronavirus. This is also around the same time Dr. Fauci begins advising Americans against wearing masks.

On March 9, 2020 Dr. Fauci recommends taking a cruise, tells Forbes Magazine that if you’re healthy, cruise ships are safe.

In May 2012 Fauci states schools should not reopen until a vaccination has widespread use.

Given on what Fauci stated above in just the first few months, a lot more people would be dead if they followed his advice.

As for Fauci being in government for almost 40 years shows more of his incompetence than his successful career. There is not a single researcher or scientist that would take a government job when the private sector offers much greater flexibility and income opportunities.
Agree
Old 10-05-2021, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Will be looking for your family obits!
Old 10-05-2021, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Dont forget to put the bullet in chamber #6 before you spin
Yes, thank you. And don't you forget to put the bullets in chambers #1 and #6 for the next time you are crossing the street.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Yesterday:

Today:

Science is not the truth. Science is finding the truth. When science changes it’s opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.
-Anonymous-
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, people, fauci, family, encourage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.