How "The Science" can change in less than 24 hours

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2021, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Will be looking for your family obits!
That's good! Looking for obits will give you something to do, which is better than living in fear of Covid!
Old 10-05-2021, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
There is absolutely no change in what Dr Fauci said, just as there is no change in your constant attacks on a person who has devoted his life to combating disease. Statement one is about the nation as a whole, asking will the pandemic be over by Xmas. He honestly answers that we don't know yet. Will the anti-vax people see the light? Will a new strain emerge? Will hospitals continue to have to triage? Those kind of well informed questions lead Dr Fauci to his cautious answer.

The second statement is also clear. If you and your family are full vaccinated you can have a good normal Xmas. The unspoken part of that second statement is that if you and your family are not vaccinated then whether it is safe to gather is still unknown. So are you intentionally being obtuse or do you really not understand what is very clear to me in those two statements?

The science did NOT change. But science does improve knowledge with testing and evaluation in an ongoing manner. So if at some point the science does change that does not make an earlier statement wrong based on the information available at the time. However, when information is available it is the obligation of those who wish to claim the mantle of science to be up to date in their pronouncements. For those who are anti-science, ignorant, or incapable of understanding the literature and believe their own "opinions" about vaccines or deworming meds or social distancing, or masking should be taken seriously, just No to them.
You know nothing of Fauci's history.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Dont forget to put the bullet in chamber #6 before you spin
What you don't realize is that is exactly what you have done.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:15 AM
Default Wokeism

be456979-39e1-4a65-b459-24ceba9c10b5-jpg
Old 10-05-2021, 06:30 AM

Those who are vaccinated WILL HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS. those who are not, if still alive, might not be so lucky.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:33 AM
Veteran member

Fauci is self serving publicity hound, a habitual liar and a shill for Big Pharma. And untold thousands have died because of it.

He covered for WHO and the CCP early on when they conducted the sham investigation

He lied when he said COVID was of natural origin.

He lied about Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine despite documented findings from government agencies and renowned health professionals around the world.

Ivermectin, antiviral properties and COVID-19: a possible new mechanism of action - PubMed
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19 - PubMed

And he lied before Congress about funding the Wuhan Lab.

Details Emerge About Coronavirus Research at Chinese Lab

He doesn't have supporters. He has groupies.

Saint Anthony Fauci Prayer Candle Label | Etsy
Old 10-05-2021, 06:44 AM

Questioning science is science.

Like most of the world, I admired Fauci when this all started, but I’ve come to view him as an ivory tower academician cum politician. His tarnished reputation is his own doing.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
There is absolutely no change in what Dr Fauci said, just as there is no change in your constant attacks on a person who has devoted his life to combating disease. Statement one is about the nation as a whole, asking will the pandemic be over by Xmas. He honestly answers that we don't know yet. Will the anti-vax people see the light? Will a new strain emerge? Will hospitals continue to have to triage? Those kind of well informed questions lead Dr Fauci to his cautious answer.

The second statement is also clear. If you and your family are full vaccinated you can have a good normal Xmas. The unspoken part of that second statement is that if you and your family are not vaccinated then whether it is safe to gather is still unknown. So are you intentionally being obtuse or do you really not understand what is very clear to me in those two statements?

The science did NOT change. But science does improve knowledge with testing and evaluation in an ongoing manner. So if at some point the science does change that does not make an earlier statement wrong based on the information available at the time. However, when information is available it is the obligation of those who wish to claim the mantle of science to be up to date in their pronouncements. For those who are anti-science, ignorant, or incapable of understanding the literature and believe their own "opinions" about vaccines or deworming meds or social distancing, or masking should be taken seriously, just No to them.
Sorry, but that spin made me dizzy...

I agree, the science did not change, but his message most certainly did... And that's the problem... No consistency in the messaging...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-05-2021, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
Science is not the truth. Science is finding the truth. When science changes it’s opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.
-Anonymous-
The science didn't change in 24 hrs, but the message most certainly did...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-05-2021, 06:54 AM
Default Is gender a science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I waited to form an opinion until I read the OP, and having read it, it is my opinion that the post is intended to (I think the kids say this) cast shade on science. Anti-science is rampant and sad. I could be wrong and the poster was honest and sincere and did not have an "implied" comment.

But, considering the history of this site and the strong implication of constantly changing science, I doubt that.
Is physical gender a science? Or is it ever changing?
Old 10-05-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Those who are vaccinated WILL HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS. those who are not, if still alive, might not be so lucky.
...if still alive... Good grief. A little fear mongering?
Old 10-05-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
Fauci is self serving publicity hound, a habitual liar and a shill for Big Pharma. And untold thousands have died because of it.

He covered for WHO and the CCP early on when they conducted the sham investigation

He lied about Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine despite documented findings from government agencies and renowned health professionals around the world.

Ivermectin, antiviral properties and COVID-19: a possible new mechanism of action - PubMed
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19 - PubMed

Remember, any attack on Fauci is an attack on science. By my count, you just attacked science 6 times.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Will be looking for your family obits!
Wow! Such hatred. I can't believe where the country is going. #WTF!
Old 10-05-2021, 07:07 AM

Fauci the fake!! He is nothing but Hollywood!
Old 10-05-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post

The Fauci groupies are certifiably crazy, the guy funds gain of function research that unleashes a worldwide pandemic and they still defend him.
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, people, fauci, family, encourage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.