AirPods vs. AirPods Pro?

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default AirPods vs. AirPods Pro?

Yesterday, I bought the AirPods Pro to give as a gift.

I have the regular AirPods which I like a lot. I use my AirPods mostly for listening to books on Audible while I walk or do jobs around the house.

(I am such a dinosaur that I still play music on the Bose with CDs or my precious, little iPod. When the iPod came along, I was thrilled because I am old enough to remember scratching vinyl albums when trying to play just my favorite songs on the Garrard turntable through the giant Pioneer speakers — that were part of Mr. Boomer’s trousseau when I married him. I met him when he had just returned from Thailand and was going to school on the GI Bill. Yep. That’s what he came with. )

But, I digress. . .

Anyway, I have read about the AirPods Pro and watched a video, too.

But I am interested in knowing if anyone has personal experience to share. Are the AirPods Pro worth it? If so, under what circumstances?

Boomer
Old 12-01-2020, 05:58 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Yesterday, I bought the AirPods Pro to give as a gift.

I have the regular AirPods which I like a lot. I use my AirPods mostly for listening to books on Audible while I walk or do jobs around the house.

(I am such a dinosaur that I still play music on the Bose with CDs or my precious, little iPod. When the iPod came along, I was thrilled because I am old enough to remember scratching vinyl albums when trying to play just my favorite songs on the Garrard turntable through the giant Pioneer speakers — that were part of Mr. Boomer’s trousseau when I married him. I met him when he had just returned from Thailand and was going to school on the GI Bill. Yep. That’s what he came with. )

But, I digress. . .

Anyway, I have read about the AirPods Pro and watched a video, too.

But I am interested in knowing if anyone has personal experience to share. Are the AirPods Pro worth it? If so, under what circumstances?

Boomer
The Apple AirPods Pro easily outperform the AirPods (2019) when it comes to both sound quality and noise cancelling. High notes (1100Hz and above) sound twice as loud with the AirPods Pro compared to the AirPods.Nov 10, 2020
Old 12-01-2020, 06:39 PM

I've had both - currently using the Pro version. As mentioned above, Pro version does sound better, maybe due to better ear sealing, but if audiobooks are primary use that may not be a big deal. The noise cancelling really does work - I like them better primarily for that (blocks most of the vehicle noise when I walk) and because they stay put better for me than original AirPods. For me they're worth it. Saw them on sale over the weekend for $169.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:22 AM

The AirPod Pros and a much better product. They have excellent noise cancelling and they simply fit (and feel) better than the standard AirPods.

I highly recommend them.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 12-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Thank you.

As I understand it, the noise canceling feature can be turned on and off. Am I correct about that?

Is that the feature they call ‘transparency’?
Old 12-02-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Thank you.

As I understand it, the noise canceling feature can be turned on and off. Am I correct about that?

Is that the feature they call ‘transparency’?
AirPods Pro have three noise-control modes: Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode, and Off. You can switch between them, depending on how much of your surroundings you want to hear. More info here: AirPods Pro Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support
Old 12-02-2020, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Warning.
If someone with the pro version leaves the room with the buds in their ears, but leave their phone behind, be careful what you discuss.
Grandson gave me a demonstration only last week of how you can listen to others when out of the room, simply with a click on one of the installed apps.
Absolutely amazed at some of the features the things have.
We and his parents now watch him, like a hawk!
Old 12-14-2020, 11:28 PM
Default Go Pro

Hi, I have the airpods which I love, but then I kept secretly wanting to try the Airpod Pro's. So in a self-indulgent moment I dipped into the Apple store and dropped the $250.00 to get them. I don't regret it at all. I recently flew to Florida and since the pro's have the silicone tips that create a great seal, and a noise-canceling feature... it was a very peaceful flight. The screaming toddler was no problem. I like that these Pro's do NOT fall out, ever. I could do cartwheels (if I could do cartwheels) and they would stay in. I still wear the regular airpods when I need to be able to hear other sounds... like at work or if I am in public high traffic areas. It's great to have both but if I were forced to pick one I would pick the Pros.
Closed Thread

Tags
airpods, pro, play, ipod, circumstances

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.