Who is your favorite American Idol regular judge?

View Poll Results: Paula, Simon, or Randy? Who do you like the most?
Paula 1 8.33%
Randy 0 0%
Simon 8 66.67%
What's American Idol? 1 8.33%
No opinion 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Taltarzac
Default Who is your favorite American Idol regular judge?

I like Simon the most for some reason. :dontknow:
Old 01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Who is your favorite American Idol regular judge?

Maybe because he's witty and says what he thinks? Paula is too saccharine. Randy is good but I'm really sick of hearing "dawg."

Also think we heard this year's winner last night. I agree with Simon that Katie was the best he's heard this year. The last singer who gave me goosebumps like she did was Ruben.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Dancing Thyme

God, I think that show is awful. Have never seen it but our local news carries excerpts all day and can't help but see them.

What are we coming to that that's what this country and our young kids are looking at. We should all be watching Discovery Channel (or Law and Order or Monk, in my case). That's television!! Same thing with Dancing with the Stars or whatever. Bad programming and we're making them our idols.

Last night PBS has a show on the history of old television programs. I never laughed so hard in my life. That's when TV was live, entertaining, and performers were talented, i.e, Carol Burnett, Dick Van Dyke, Carl Reiner, Mel Brooks, Harvey Korman, and of course Sid Caeser who was a genius (in the words of Mel Brooks). Sid and Imogene actually memorized all there scripts so that they would become the characters. Sid, I understand, would forget the lines but make up even funnier ones, impromptu. That's talent.

Again, IMHO... Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage

I agree, it's Simon. I like all of them but Paula gets on my nerves sometimes reaching for words and starting half sentences. And Randy really never says anything but "pitchie" nothing of substance. Also, I like that Simon is unpredictable and gives the show the edge it needs. But I have to admit, I'm totally addicted to the show. :2cool:
Old 01-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Sage

Hey Kathie, did you ever see the Sid Caesar "This is you Life" skit. It is my all time favorite. I have it on VHS and when I play it I literally cannot catch my breath laughing, it's never old. I agree that was really genius television. 1rnfl
Old 01-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I agree, it's Simon. I like all of them but Paula gets on my nerves sometimes reaching for words and starting half sentences. And Randy really never says anything but "pitchie" nothing of substance. Also, I like that Simon is unpredictable and gives the show the edge it needs. But I have to admit, I'm totally addicted to the show. :2cool:
Simon has been quite unpredictable this week. He was often being nicer than Paula to some of the "contestants".

Many of the people from the first weeks of AI seem like people picked solely for ratings for the show rather than how well they can sing. I am not complaining, some of them are hilarious but it looks more like the Gong Show than a singing competition. I did like the Gong Show too.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Hey Kathie, did you ever see the Sid Caesar "This is you Life" skit. It is my all time favorite. I have it on VHS and when I play it I literally cannot catch my breath laughing, it's never old. I agree that was really genius television. 1rnfl
Hi Chel, we're not sticking to topic but I don't care!!!
No, but when I get to TV, can we watch it together? He was my all time favorite and, of course, Mel being my cousin, I heard tons of stories about him. He was an absolute genius and a very powerful man (in strength, I mean). Some of the stores were so great that we used to hear from Mel. Love that old tv stuff. Can't get enough of it.

See ya in TV, Love ya, Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
Hi Chel, we're not sticking to topic but I don't care!!!
No, but when I get to TV, can we watch it together? He was my all time favorite and, of course, Mel being my cousin, I heard tons of stories about him. He was an absolute genius and a very powerful man (in strength, I mean). Some of the stores were so great that we used to hear from Mel. Love that old tv stuff. Can't get enough of it.

See ya in TV, Love ya, Kath
Mel Brooks is your cousin? He is still alive as far as I know?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Dancing Thyme

Yes, Tal, through marriage. My first cousin was Anne Bancroft, who unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago. But Mel is very much alive, thank God. Haven't seen much of him since Annie got sick a couple of years ago, but he is a wonderful person and hope to reconnect with him soon.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Yes, Tal, through marriage. My first cousin was Anne Bancroft, who unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago. But Mel is very much alive, thank God. Haven't seen much of him since Annie got sick a couple of years ago, but he is a wonderful person and hope to reconnect with him soon.
Anne Bancroft? Isn't that the lady who played Mrs. Robinson?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Dancing Thyme

Poor thing... If she knew after her death that that was going to be her legacy, she'd cringe. She did so many other important roles but that's all they remembered about her in her obituary. I blogged that day that please try to remember the good acting roles other than Mrs. Robinson.

But you're right Tal, she was Mrs. R but.....

P.S. those weren't her legs in the ads..... Just a little scoop I thought I'd share....

Kath (Mrs. Robinson's cousin)

Old 01-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Poor thing... If she knew after her death that that was going to be her legacy, she'd cringe. She did so many other important roles but that's all they remembered about her in her obituary. I blogged that day that please try to remember the good acting roles other than Mrs. Robinson.

But you're right Tal, she was Mrs. R but.....

P.S. those weren't her legs in the ads..... Just a little scoop I thought I'd share....

Kath (Mrs. Robinson's cousin)
I do remember her from various other movies like the Point of No Return but The Graduate does stick the most in my mind.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Dancing Thyme

Yes, it does for most people. But to get this back on topic, I'll pm you so we can discuss. I think you would enjoy some more insight - she was an awfully nice person, not just cause she was my cousin but she was a very good friend also. Later,

Old 01-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Eternal Member

I wish there was another voting option - "I Hate This Show".
I got addicted last year, and was totally turned off by the way the voting blocks were able to toss the most talented people on the show. Or keep untalented ones on, like Sanjaya. It has really turned into a farce. After Melinda lost I swore I'd never watch it again.
And I despise the way they make fun of the many untalented idiots who want to be on television. It's truly sad!!!!
I'm still TIVO'ing it, and may change my mind at any minute though!! ;D
Old 01-18-2008, 11:46 AM

Paula as she has a little compassion for a poor performance but I do get a kick out of Simon sometimes.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.