Hummingbird Cam

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Hummingbird Cam

This hummingbird cam is real time and shows two babies sitting in a nest the size of a golf ball. They are getting read to fledge; the mother buzzes in and feeds them constantly. It's amazing.

http://www.sportsmansparadiseonline....gbird_Cam.html

You can also check out many other wildlife cams on this site.
http://www.sportsmansparadiseonline....e_Webcams.html
Old 04-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

This is so much better than osprey or eagle cams!!!!

Thank you for posting this, Duffysmom. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the picture.

They look ready to leave the nest.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

Thank you so much for sharing that - I just watched the mother come back and feed them and then they were sort of hovering over the nest on their own. What a sight to see!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Sage

Love this! Thanks, Duffysmom.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

They remind me of my sister and I. When we were kids we shared a bed (it was a little bigger than the hummingbirds' nest) and we were always tussling just like these babies. Eventually we did fly the coop but we've remained very close. The commentary says that the nest is the size of a golf ball.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Sage

What a great cam, thank you so much!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Hummingbirds

Thank You for posting the websites. I love the critters MAMA Nature provides to us. Reminds me of 1987 when a Hummingbird hit our patio door....I thought they hovered up till then... This little feller(?) really banged the door and fell to ground.. Well, I went right out and picked him up and warmed him in my hand and blew my stinky breath into his face. This little feller got just one whiff and OFF he went.....I thought. For the next three months.....Everytime I was leaving for work ...he would fly out of nowhere and land in my hand...go figure. Yes, I have lots of photos..and ...as soon as I learn how to upload a Poloroid..I will send them your way....I got to the point that I would put sugar water in palm of my hand...and he would feed out of my hand.. Would not come to the kids..just me and my stanky breath.. after the three months fall weather set in and ..he took off and never returned.. But for three months I got to be one with Mother Nature. ( I figure it was a male only because females are mostly too smart to hit a glass door.)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 AM

Update on the hummingbird cam:
Been waiting for the 2 little hummers to fledge and Kouki (male) left the nest about 7 pm Pacific time last nite and Haruki (female) spent the nite on the nest alone.........this morning at daylight Kouki returned to the nest and mom (Phoebe) has been visiting and continuing to feed them.

Wonder if today will be the big day.....and they leave together.....they have been doing a lot of wing testing this morning.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
Thank You for posting the websites. I love the critters MAMA Nature provides to us. Reminds me of 1987 when a Hummingbird hit our patio door....I thought they hovered up till then... This little feller(?) really banged the door and fell to ground.. Well, I went right out and picked him up and warmed him in my hand and blew my stinky breath into his face. This little feller got just one whiff and OFF he went.....I thought. For the next three months.....Everytime I was leaving for work ...he would fly out of nowhere and land in my hand...go figure. Yes, I have lots of photos..and ...as soon as I learn how to upload a Poloroid..I will send them your way....I got to the point that I would put sugar water in palm of my hand...and he would feed out of my hand.. Would not come to the kids..just me and my stanky breath.. after the three months fall weather set in and ..he took off and never returned.. But for three months I got to be one with Mother Nature. ( I figure it was a male only because females are mostly too smart to hit a glass door.)
Old 04-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Bye bye birdies.... they fledged and I feeling like I have the empty nest syndrone.
Just found another nest with two babies. Yea

http://www.sportsmansparadiseonline....mingbirds.html
Old 04-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Okay, now I can't talk on TOTV anymore because I have two windows going . . . one for the baby hummingbirds in hopes they will come back home tonight to sleep. And, another on the new nest -- the mother just left her tiny babies unprotected because the homeowner came out and made lots of noise. Now, I am all worried about these new babies!

This can be so exciting! Thanks duffysmom!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

K9 where is the second site with the babies...gn
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Okay, now I can't talk on TOTV anymore because I have two windows going . . . one for the baby hummingbirds in hopes they will come back home tonight to sleep. And, another on the new nest -- the mother just left her tiny babies unprotected because the homeowner came out and made lots of noise. Now, I am all worried about these new babies!

This can be so exciting! Thanks duffysmom!
Me too along with 2000 others staring at an empty nest just hoping to get a glimpse....bitter sweet.
Another window open with the new nest.....addicting.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Bye bye birdies.... they fledged and I feeling like I have the empty nest syndrone.
Just found another nest with two babies. Yea

Thanks for the new hummingbird cam site. So little, so cute and when grown, they can be pretty aggressive. I remember years ago, a reporter from a local newspaper was sent out to get pics of a hummer's nest with little birds growing happily inside. After repeated attacks by Mom, reporter retreated to his car and told editor no way was he going back...
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
K9 where is the second site with the babies...gn
Thanks to duffysmom, here is the link to the second site, and it has teeny tiny babies with their eyes still closed.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.