Huntingtons Disease

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Bosoxfan
Default Huntingtons Disease

As a few of you may know my brothers wife is afflicted with this terrible disease. Her children my nieces (3) and nephew have a %50 chance of having the same fate as their mom. In the past some of you have donated to the cause and even more of you prayed for my family. Well your donations and prayers have helped...here is the first good news in the treatment and possible prevention..

My niece Nicole posted this on her Facebook page

There isn't always a lot of good news to share when it comes to Huntington's Disease, so when I tell you that the e-mail I got this morning announcing the completion of the very first successful clinical drug trial to actually treat HD made me cry the GOOD way, you know this is huge.

Please know that all of the coffee money, spare change, time and support you guys have offered to this cause in honor of my family is the reason I get to type this today. I've spent 15+ years alongside my beautiful siblings, terrified of our future, but soon we very well may not have to be and it's all thanks to you. #teamhope

Thank you all and please continue to pray for my family💓💓💓
Old 12-11-2017, 11:56 PM

That's great news!! HD is in my wife's family and I'm sure this is a huge encouragement to all those suffering from this horrible disease !!
Praise GOD !!
Old 12-12-2017, 12:48 AM
Bosoxfan

Here is the link to a report on this find :

BREAKING NEWS: Update on the Status of the IONIS-HTTRx Program and its Future |
Old 12-12-2017, 05:58 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Here’s a prayer that continuing tests have a favorable outcome and this cruel disease will be defeated, if not cured.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-12-2017, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

I watched a classmate die from HD..not pretty
Closed Thread

Tags
disease, good, huntingtons, news, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.