Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
wwii "what" ??????????????
world war number two!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
WWII "What" ??????????????
Totally uncalled for in this particular thread.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

TH - very sorry for your loss. I am sure she is now at peace and in a better place.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Gold member

"totally uncalled for in this thread" You mean standing up for my catholic religion. I am proud of my catholic religion. Bringing up WW2 is dumb.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Sage
Default so sad

this whole thread makes me very sad...sad for your loss, TH, and sad for the church which i love so dearly..it is true our priests are overworked and do have to serve their parishioners before others whom they do not know, but this incident is sad for all concerned...there is a program in the church called catholics coming home, for fallen away catholics...it is going on now at st vincent de paul parish. for whatever reason one might have grown angry at some priest, don't let that deprive you of the blessings of the faith and the comfort of the sacraments at your time of death...we must choose freely to be part of the body of Christ as we understand it, not wait until on our deathbed. i am sure God knew your cousin's heart had not forgotten her faith nor Him and she is with Him now....for those of us who still have time, if you want to be a catholic, then be one always.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Default God is greater

Thank God we have a God who is not limited by man-made parish or denominational boundaries.

He would be a "weakling" indeed if limited to the territorial boundaries mere mortals fight to rule over.

This is The King who holds your cousin in His arms:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upGCMl_b0n4[/ame]
Old 02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Founder

Quote:
"totally uncalled for in this thread" You mean standing up for my catholic religion. I am proud of my catholic religion. Bringing up WW2 is dumb.

Once again, I will say, deflecting the issue and placing the blame on me is outrageous. This is not a "dumb" thread. It is a real thread about a real uncharitable act by a man of the cloth.

How dare you redirect the blame for this uncharitable action to me. It was MY FAMILY that was the recipient of this ecclesiastical snub. We were not the perpetrators of it.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
TH, I'm so sorry for the loss you and your loved ones have suffered. I'm sure your cousin is once again whole, happy and rejoicing. May God help you replace your feelings of loss with joy when you remember her. I also pray that this priest be granted the compassion and understanding for loss that we all face one day. May he be reminded that this is his calling and tending to the sick is what he has pledged to God to do.
I was trying to say that, Pooh.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
this whole thread makes me very sad...sad for your loss, TH, and sad for the church which i love so dearly..it is true our priests are overworked and do have to serve their parishioners before others whom they do not know, but this incident is sad for all concerned...there is a program in the church called catholics coming home, for fallen away catholics...it is going on now at st vincent de paul parish. for whatever reason one might have grown angry at some priest, don't let that deprive you of the blessings of the faith and the comfort of the sacraments at your time of death...we must choose freely to be part of the body of Christ as we understand it, not wait until on our deathbed. i am sure God knew your cousin's heart had not forgotten her faith nor Him and she is with Him now....for those of us who still have time, if you want to be a catholic, then be one always.
Beautifully stated, cha cha. I can feel your love for your church and also your sadness about a failure; priests are also human.

I am not Catholic - though was raised that way - and I wish all those who are called remember that God trusts them to minister to the sick.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 PM

Wow, this is really disturbing. I remember years ago that my now non-practicing Catholic husband had a medal he wore that said "I am Catholic. Please call a priest." When I asked him about this he explained that 'last rights' is one of the sacraments and that it is very important to a dying Catholic to have it administered. I'm not Catholic and so I don't entirely understand but I do know at one time this sacrament was of the utmost importance to him and a vital part of his faith. To have it refused....
Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Sage

Hi TH,
I am sad for your loss and for the fact that you family was let down when you most needed help and support. I hope in time your sadness and anger will recede, and you can take comfort and joy in your loving memories of your cousin.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Sage

TH:

Very sad but true state of the Holy Roman and Apostolic Church.

I quit going in my early 20's when, after years of going to church in the school basement, the church was built and the next year they closed the school.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Gold member

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
It is a shame that the priest turn his back on your
cousin in her time of need, but rest assured that she
is now in Gods hands.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

TH I'm sorry for your loss and for the lack of compassion shown by a "man of God". I had to wait a couple of days before responding since this subject is a particular hot button for me. Needless to say the Catholic Church has let a great many people down. The Shepherd (Popes) have not protected their flock. At one time I was a novice in a convent studying to become a Nun. Eventually I left the convent but I've retained a love of the rituals of the church; I no longer consider myself a catholic but do consider myself a sprititual person. I've learned to take what I want from organized religions and leave the rest.

I know that your beloved cousin is at peace now and that her peace is no longer dependent on the whims of a particular person.

Last edited by duffysmom; 02-23-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:24 PM

At evening, Lord Jesus,
they brought the sick to you, and you healed them;
day by day, Lord Jesus,
you reached out to those who were ill, and you healed them;
throughout your ministry on earth, Lord Jesus,
you never turned away those who came to you in need,
but you healed them and gave them new life.
Hear us now, good Lord,
as we turn to you in our need;
be present with us and grant us the gift of healing and wholeness
that we may rejoice in your love and give you glory. Amen.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.