I am not a slow player, except during extenuating circumstances

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2021, 09:43 AM

Just like in Pro Basketball, Football, and lately tennis, the players brought the time clocks on themselves by slow play. So let it be for golf!
Old 07-06-2021, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmen View Post
wonder if riding in carts would speed play or would it be hurry up and wait?
Just this past weekend, a female caddy for one of the pros of a ladies tour event needed to use a bathroom quick. She hopped into a cart for a quick trip to the port-o-potty. When she got back, her pro got assessed a 2-shot penalty. Neither one was allowed to use a cart during the event. True story!
Old 07-08-2021, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Just this past weekend, a female caddy for one of the pros of a ladies tour event needed to use a bathroom quick. She hopped into a cart for a quick trip to the port-o-potty. When she got back, her pro got assessed a 2-shot penalty. Neither one was allowed to use a cart during the event. True story!
It was not a caddy for one of the pros. It was Sarah Cho, a college player during the NCAA Women's Championship.

Every player in the field is informed of the transportation policy – a player “must not ride on any form of transportation during a stipulated round unless authorized” – which is in effect all season.

If the NCAA didn't penalize her it would hav been unfair to the rest of the field. A governing body cannot decide which rules they are going to enforce and which they are not.

Another player in the group, Kelly Nielsen of Kent State, also was slapped with a two-shot penalty for the same infraction, but her score of 81 was dropped in the play-five, count-four format.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 07-08-2021 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
What if she drops dead, they going to drag caddy off by her feet so the pro don’t get assess 2 point penalty. What stupid rule when emergency arises.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1 View Post
Stop the discussions between the pro and caddy. The pro plays golf and the caddy carries the bag. Caddy should not read the putt for the pro or discuss which iron to hit.
Exactly! Watching these guys have a two minute conversation about every shot is agonizing. The "Match" was awful TV, but at least they didn't have a conference over every shot, as there were no caddies.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:17 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtcc View Post
Range finders should be allowed. They were at the PGA Championship this year.
Range finders should be banned for everyone. No one except pros need exact yardage. All the do is slow down play
Old 07-08-2021, 01:23 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Range finders All the do is slow down play
Nope.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Range finders should be banned for everyone. No one except pros need exact yardage. All the do is slow down play
Double nope...

It takes a few seconds to use and it immediately helps me decide on club selection...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-08-2021, 07:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Double nope...

It takes a few seconds to use and it immediately helps me decide on club selection...
And saves time - from a shot hit with the wrong club or having to search for a sprinkler head with the yardage.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, but I believe that just the opposite is true. They help to speed up play.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
golfer, speed, asked, feelings, thoughts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.