I apologize.

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Same MO...you mean unabashedly displaying her love for TV in an open-minded, civil and friendly manner? I agree.
When I realize I start getting cranky online for little reason, I usually give it a break for awhile.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Location: Born and raised in Western PA, now in Village of Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Graciegirl - You offer a gracious apology by a gracious lady. Hopefully the OP will be able to accept it with the same amount of grace and offer their apology for their part in the repartee.

I agree completely!!!

Being a newbie here myself (still a junior member) I value the dialogue and discourse that plays out every day on TOTV... and Graciegirl is a HUGE contributor. She is a class act through and through and a fantastic ambassador for our very wonderful and unique community!

I am too new to be a member of anyone's "posse" (and I certainly would not want to attack the OP), but when I grow up I'll be looking for the GG Posse Application!
Old 08-27-2015, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

People should be allowed to express their opinion without getting attacked. I think Gracie's apology should be accepted. I thought she was being a little hard on the OP. At the same time I can understand her reflex action to go after any post that appears to be negative about The Villages. Lately, I have carefully reviewed any posts I was making to make sure my message was positive and helpful before I hit SEND. If one is not careful, one can become obsessed with TOTV and you can end up spending too much time on line. I try to post less and spend more time outside enjoying what the Villages has to offer. We have a great place to live here and it is understandable that many of us get defensive when we feel our life choice is being criticized, but we live in a free country and others are entitled to their opinion. I must admit I have to remind myself to remember that quite often!
Old 08-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I think all of us have reacted to a post, and then rethought our response, and then went back and //// the post. It does bother me they when we see a new poster someone brings up troll. I have found myself using PMs more to posters to respond to a questions, especially if troll is thrown out there. I always try to be kind to those low number poster, remembering we all started with 1.

Yes GG you are the lead cheerleader of this wonderful place, but can't make everyone love this as most of us do. It was very kind to apologize, we have all had a bad post moment.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Gold member
Thumbs up Great job Gracie

No problem from this big guy on your response. It has a lot to do with how you read it. You can read it aggressively or you can read it slowly knowing that our ambassador is at work and we love her for it. This snafu has created some great writing of which I've enjoyed many of all the different poster's thoughts. You keep em coming GracieGirl
Skip 2
Old 08-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
People should be allowed to express their opinion without getting attacked. I think Gracie's apology should be accepted. I thought she was being a little hard on the OP. At the same time I can understand her reflex action to go after any post that appears to be negative about The Villages. Lately, I have carefully reviewed any posts I was making to make sure my message was positive and helpful before I hit SEND. If one is not careful, one can become obsessed with TOTV and you can end up spending too much time on line. I try to post less and spend more time outside enjoying what the Villages has to offer. We have a great place to live here and it is understandable that many of us get defensive when we feel our life choice is being criticized, but we live in a free country and others are entitled to their opinion. I must admit I have to remind myself to remember that quite often!
Agreed. But in this case there really wasn't anything negative or a life choice criticism to attack. The OP threw out that he received a large # of water notices. GG challenged it since it seemed unlikely to her and asked for proof. If I were to throw out the population of TV is now 210,000 I would hoper GG or someone else would ask me if I was exaggerating or to prove it.
At that point I could:
a) state yes, I was exaggerating
b) provide the reference that I got the number from
c) more likely, say I transposed the 2 and the 1

I should NOT immediately launch into a personal attack. I just thought the content, tone, and timing of the reply suggested a preconceived notion re GG, certainly one based on more experience than 13 posts. I still think an apology from the OP should be forthcoming, then everyone can shake hands and move on.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Agreed. But in this case there really wasn't anything negative or a life choice criticism to attack. The OP threw out that he received a large # of water notices. GG challenged it since it seemed unlikely to her and asked for proof. If I were to throw out the population of TV is now 210,000 I would hoper GG or someone else would ask me if I was exaggerating or to prove it.
At that point I could:
a) state yes, I was exaggerating
b) provide the reference that I got the number from
c) more likely, say I transposed the 2 and the 1

I should NOT immediately launch into a personal attack. I just thought the content, tone, and timing of the reply suggested a preconceived notion re GG, certainly one based on more experience than 13 posts. I still think an apology from the OP should be forthcoming, then everyone can shake hands and move on.
Damn it TOV.....where's that "LIKE" button
Skip 2
Old 08-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
Damn it TOV.....where's that "LIKE" button
Skip 2
I think it's on that other web site
Closed Thread

Tags
life, place, lived, yesterday, negative, things, people, nice, skeptical, villages, years, worse, school, buy, home, live, brought, area, lucky, health, worked, dream, unhappy, boil, felt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.