I did my research and I know this to be true!

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2021, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
There is an area at Harvard that contains Phd research papers and it is extensive. These really humble you when you claim to have done research on a particular subject. Unless you devote a significant portion of your time to this kind of research you are probably very opinionated and accept your opinions as reality and therefore you've already started out on a contaminated conclusion basis. Over time I have only seen a couple of responses in the of postings on TOTV that may qualify as valid "Research Studies".
I just call it a conversation/discussion and leave the "expert" corrections up to folks/elitists that feel they qualify to CORRECT us commoners. I have been reading the criteria for posting on here and have yet to find the qualifier that one must be an expert on the subject matter. I am very impressed with all the "experts" that post on here though.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
YEP! “Mr. Anti-Vax” was his name… (you can’t make this stuff up) 3rd Conservative radio host to die of covid in the past month or so.
Sends a message but does no good on deaf ears.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel200 View Post
Some data to think about:

Japan
Population: 126 million
Coronavirus Cases: 1,454,364
Total Covid Deaths: 15,946
55% of population has at least 1 dose vaccination
44% of population are fully vaccinated

Florida
Population: 22.2 million
Coronavirus Cases: 3,182,726
Total Covid Deaths: 43,979
63% of population has at least 1 dose vaccination
52% of population are fully vaccinated

Japan has almost 6 times the number of people as Florida.
Florida has almost 3 times the number of covid deaths as Japan. So the Florida covid death rate per 1000 people is almost 16 times greater than Japan!

But Japan is substantially behind Florida in vaccinations (44% fully vaccinated in Japan vs 52% in Florida).

Having spent more than 20 years in Asia, I was always somewhat perplexed at the Asian propensity to wear masks everywhere. But if you do some investigation you will find that this started with the 1910 pneumonic plague outbreak in China where it was found that masks was the only effective deterrent at that time. And later in the 1918 flu epidemic masks were again found to reduce transmission.

Mask wearing became "normal" and continued long after those pandemics subsided. So when the covid pandemic began Asian countries already had a long history of using and accepting masks. The Japan data for covid is not so different from other Asian countries.
But, Japan limits travel or allow’s no travel at times. Maybe Florida should be like Canada close airports and stop traffic at Georgia line. Florida has 6 time more people and 20 times plus the more travel in and out of Florida. It’s damn if you do and damned if you don’t.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
YEP! “Mr. Anti-Vax” was his name… (you can’t make this stuff up) 3rd Conservative radio host to die of covid in the past month or so.
I can see that makes some happy. Covid has no party favorites.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Not quite sure what you are trying to imply by that diatribe
Are you suggesting that folks without expertise should not be posting their opinions on this community forum? Or, are you saying that if you are not learned in a subject you should not contribute to the conversation? Almost means the same. I think that I know what you mean by "anonymittee" though. That was a test, right? "anonymity" the right answer?
i am directly stating that when I read public forums of any kind, i start with the position as everyone on here included. Most professionals will ask that you make an appointment for professional advice or opinion, as part of their code of professional ethics. . . here, maybe an occassional post of 1 in 10,000 . . .

so if I want to get medical information concerning me, I ask my pcp, when I need tax information, I go to a cpa. When I need investment information, I can do that myself, being a professional. When I need dental work i go to the dentist. When I need the water piping done, I hire a plumber. When I have a legal issue, i ask a lawyer. When i need major car work done, I go to an auto shop.

When I need a different viewpoint on non professional items because i am interested in expanding my knowledge, i go on line. . .

that's what it means. . . and i have to weed through the

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 08-31-2021 at 11:38 AM. Reason: fix blah blah blah
Old 08-31-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yes, and as we all know, there hasn't been a single liberal that has died of COVID
Political deaths by virus would be a curious statistic.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I can see that makes some happy. Covid has no party favorites.
I'd be willing to bet that it does.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
My point is that COVID does not care what political party, philosophy or religion one follows, therefore it was unnecessary for the OP to label those 3 radio host deaths as "conservative". Radio host would have sufficed. His post was just a sideways political "jab"
It's not political anything. A PERSON who was known on the radio - someone who his listeners actually listened to, whose advice they often took, who presented his opinion in a way that convinced people to believe him...

Instructed his listeners not to vaccinate.

And then he died from the disease he refused to vaccinate against.

But he didn't die until after he convinced a lot of people to follow in his footsteps and refuse to vaccinate.

If he was a card-carrying Communist, I'd have the same opinion. If he was the proven leader of Antifa, I'd have the same opinion. If he was the president of the Democratic National Committee, I'd have the same opinion. If he was a die-hard staunch independent (as I am) I'd have the same opinion.

He pushed a MEDICAL (not political) agenda on a lot of gullible people, believed this MEDICAL agenda, obeyed the medical agenda, and died as a result of his medical agenda.

And people STILL think they should reject the vaccine, because people like him convinced them of it.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's not political anything. A PERSON who was known on the radio - someone who his listeners actually listened to, whose advice they often took, who presented his opinion in a way that convinced people to believe him...

But he didn't die until after he convinced a lot of people to follow in his footsteps and refuse to vaccinate.

If he was a card-carrying Communist, I'd have the same opinion. If he was the proven leader of Antifa, I'd have the same opinion. If he was the president of the Democratic National Committee, I'd have the same opinion. If he was a die-hard staunch independent (as I am) I'd have the same opinion.

He pushed a MEDICAL (not political) agenda on a lot of gullible people, believed this MEDICAL agenda, obeyed the medical agenda, and died as a result of his medical agenda.

And people STILL think they should reject the vaccine, because people like him convinced them of it.
Absolutely agree! My objection was to the OP labeling him with a political philosophy. It was his rant that was wrong, not his politics
Old 08-31-2021, 02:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:

Hard to be much clearer than that, but I am betting people will still spin this somehow as a personal or political attack. It seems to be hopeless to try to discuss anything, since everything said is spun and assumed to be a personal attack.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Hard to be much clearer than that, but I am betting people will still spin this somehow as a personal or political attack. It seems to be hopeless to try to discuss anything, since everything said is spun and assumed to be a personal attack.

So, if she said that a LIBERAL radio broadcaster had died of covid, that would not be construed as a political slur? OK, works for me.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Thank you President Trump for Fast Tracking the approval for use of the Covid vaccines and saving hundreds of thousands of lives, maybe millions of lives throughout the world. If not for the approval here, there still would not be a vaccine to fight covid. And I can definitely say that because the vaccine still hasn't been approved by the FDA yet. What has been approved by the FDA can not be distributed yet. President Trump should get some form of Nobel prize for his part in this.
I seem to recall it this way:
On 2 December 2020, the United Kingdom's Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) gave temporary regulatory approval for the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine, becoming the first country to approve this vaccine and the first country in the Western world to approve the use of any COVID‑19 vaccine.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
So, if she said that a LIBERAL radio broadcaster had died of covid, that would not be construed as a political slur? OK, works for me.
Only if it was implied that the death was the result of them being liberal. Then, it'd be a slur.

In this case, the broadcaster claimed to be a conservative. He didn't conserve very efficiently however, since he's now dead.

If he was a liberal. I would've said - he was liberal with pretense, but now he can't pretend the vaccine is dangerous anymore, because he's dead.

If he was independent, I would've said, it's a shame he was too independent to consider the thoughts of actual scientists, but now he'll be truly independent - since he's dead.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
On 2 December 2020, the United Kingdom's Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) gave temporary regulatory approval for the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine, becoming the first country to approve this vaccine and the first country in the Western world to approve the use of any COVID‑19 vaccine.
That vaccine has been fully approved for use in the USA since August 23, and is currently available for anyone 16 or over nationwide.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Quote:
That vaccine has been fully approved for use in the USA since August 23, and is currently available for anyone 16 or over nationwide.
You are correct FDA approval August 2021. I also believe I am correct with UK MHRA approval in 2020. What am I missing in your message ?
Closed Thread

Tags
research, review, results, true, source

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.