i have a moviepass problem today, Sunday

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Sage
Default i have a moviepass problem today, Sunday

I went to see Skyscraper yesterday and did not have a problem. I wanted to see if I could see a 3 D movie paying extra today and called Barnestorm. I could not but the attendant told me that moviepass was charging extra. Some people paid extra for the same movie I saw. I read that if you prepaid for a year there would be no extra charges. That's the plan I have.

I went to see another movie a little while ago and got a moviepass error. There were about 6 people also trying to get it to work.

Anybody else have a problem
Old 07-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Veteran member

I don't believe you can see 3d movies at this time on the year plan. I've read that even if you try you might get bounced. They are considering adding this feature at some point. Call their tech support number from the app if you have a problem.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
I don't believe you can see 3d movies at this time on the year plan. I've read that even if you try you might get bounced. They are considering adding this feature at some point. Call their tech support number from the app if you have a problem.
thank-you -- I wasn't very clear. I gave up on the 3D tried for a 2 d movie about a native american. Where do I find the phone number on the app?
Old 07-15-2018, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

Movie Pass at present only works for "regular" movies and they have been fooling around with their pricing/features lately and along the way losing a ton of money. Movie Pass also sometimes restricts access to block buster movies at the beginning of their run.

AMC has a plan similar to Movie Pass but it only works in AMC theaters but you can using for anything that is being shown. It also gives you a discount on food an drinks at the theater. You are limited to 3 movies a week but for most people it is still a good deal.

Look Out MoviePass: AMC Theatres Adds $20/Month Movie Ticket Subscription Service | Deadline
Old 07-15-2018, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

From their site:

If you are an active MoviePass user:

The fastest way to contact our team is through the MoviePass app's in-app chat feature. To do this click on Account across the bottom navigation bar of the app, then click on Help. Tap on the category of the type of issue you are having and the article that relates closest to the problem. You should now see Contact Us. Click here to start a chat. Make sure in your first message you provide as many details as possible so we route you to the right agent. Also, ensure you have push notifications enabled so we can notify you when we respond.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
From their site:

The fastest way to contact our team is through the MoviePass app's in-app chat feature. To do this click on Account across the bottom navigation bar of the app, then click on Help. Tap on the category of the type of issue you are having and the article that relates closest to the problem. You should now see Contact Us. Click here to start a chat. Make sure in your first message you provide as many details as possible so we route you to the right agent. Also, ensure you have push notifications enabled so we can notify you when we respond.
I tap Help but nothing happens. I'll be patient. Maybe a lot of people are having a problem. thank-you
Old 07-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Sage

I have had problems but this is the first time I read [ERROR] on the phone scream. I have resolved issues texting moviepass using my phone but forgot how I got to that screen. I also deleted and reinstalled moviepass. I think I'm in that test group that must take a photo of every ticket stub. I don't mind doing that.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
From their site:

I got a message that they had a recent outage and it may be a couple of days before they get to me. I wonder if the outage will be over before they get to me. I'll look for a little while online.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Paying extra for a 3d movie with MP should have nothing to do with the theater. What is supposed to eventually happen should be fully transparent to the theater as it is now when it is fully implemented on MP according to an email recently received. You should be able to buy the ticket to the 3-D and they (MP) will charge an extra fee to your credit card that is on file with them when you signed up. As far as the theater is concerned MP should be no different than paying with your debit card, You say "3D" they take the card and the 3D difference will be charged to your CC on file through MP.

Thing is, this is not fully implemented yet nationwide, it's still being tested. Doubt it is available here. If it is, someone needs to tell the cashiers at our theaters. You will also be able to bring others (non-members) using your card and pay for it the same way as the "3D fee." This avoids all the separate payments for friends and family. MP is simply a pre-loaded debit card to the cashier. The cashiers think they know the rules but hopefully they will eventually be instructed to simply take the card when it is all implemented.

Also (if you read their "fine print" T&C) it seems that you can use their cards loaded funds anywhere but if you get caught they will cancel you (it's just a Master-Debit card) . All you do is "sign-in" to a movie which puts the funds on the MP card then go to any other store and spend the money that they pre-loaded for the tickets. I've read of people who have done that and got dropped. Their T&C seems to say it is possible.

Also, for those with yearly passes (ex. Costco) the new rules that are already implemented (1 movie per day and/or can't see the same film twice and probably "surge pricing") do not apply until end of your current year.

And finally, keep your fingers crossed that they are still around by the end of the year. They are having all kinds of financial problems due to the very low cost. Just Google them.

As for the outage of last week, you can read about it here: MoviePass says it will refund users who were affected by last night’s outage - The Verge

Last edited by EdFNJ; 07-15-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

I think I am going to pass on getting a MoviePass.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

UPDATE: The spectacular rise and fall of MoviePass
Old 07-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Sage

i found this online-----[below].
MoviePass will be out of money in the next few days, and can't raise more from dilution until July 23rd : moviepass
I think it's 18 hours old.

MoviePass will be out of money in the next few days, and can't raise more from dilution until July 23rd
chart calculation page 1 and page 2

I didn't make this chart, but it's an estimation using the reports put out by moviepass. They have already diluted all the shares they can, and the vote to be able to dilute 5 BILLION more shares is on July 23rd. They can't raise money by dilution until that date assuming it passes. There may be other ways to raise money, but it's unlikely.

I would expect this next week will make or break moviepass and it will be a very interesting week. I could see an "outage" or too if they are too desperate. If you are wondering why moviepass released peak pricing quickly before peak pass this is why.

I also expect surge to be higher than normal next week because of it. They don't have much of a choice. I think it will come down some or have less times after they are able to dilute more on July 23rd. I also would expect peak pass to be released soon after july 23rd.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think I am going to pass on getting a MoviePass.
At $10/month if you get to see 1 movie it pays for itself. I wouldn't buy it for a year in advance like I did at this time. I have seen 30 movies in 3 months. So if it goes belly up I'm still way ahead of the game unless you subtract most of the movies I wouldn't have seen if it wasn't "for almost free." I just wish I would have jumped in sooner.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
At $10/month if you get to see 1 movie it pays for itself. I wouldn't buy it for a year in advance like I did at this time. I have seen 30 movies in 3 months. So if it goes belly up I'm still way ahead of the game unless you subtract most of the movies I wouldn't have seen if it wasn't "for almost free." I just wish I would have jumped in sooner.

If you did the 1 year deal through COSTCO as I did and if they go down I'm sure Costco will take care of us.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
If you did the 1 year deal through COSTCO as I did and if they go down I'm sure Costco will take care of us.
I wish I did. I wasn't a member and I didn't quite understand that it didn't matter. I imagined myself getting caught trying to pull a quick one so i paid at least $30 more.
Closed Thread

Tags
extra, movie, moviepass, problem, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.