I Like Beer

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2020, 06:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Maybe it would be better if you had an additional unbiased taste tester. Leave your address and what is a good arrival time for me. There is no charge for this service. I do it out of the kindness of my heart.
funny.... what a guy - the beer would be free, but my service charge $$$$...

OK, I did have the bottle of Mich Ultra Pure Gold. NOT nearly the taste of a 'real' full-flavored beer. But... lacking the cals/carbs IS a good thing. I guess I'll switch back<>forth from the beer labels for the next few weeks.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

If any posters find any beer unacceptable please send to your fellow Villager at Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan, any of it sounds great to me! Any carb count is fine.

We have zero alcohol beer it is ... Not the same.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Good beer and low calories can never go hand in hand. I have been going to England for a week in the summer for the past few years and I can say that we have nothing in this country that compares to their wonderful draught ales.

I have become very spoiled.

I did try Michelob Gold Ultra and it was like the rest of them watery and fizzy.

But I have friends that love it. On the other hand, I have friends that drink Bud and Bud Light, IMHO, the worst beer made.

So I guess it all depends on what you are used to.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Life is too short for watered down beer. Hard to find a good light beer.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Life is too short for watered down beer. Hard to find a good light beer.
Try Bush Light 12 0z can. 95 calories, 3.2 grams o carb. It's better than Bud Light.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:47 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Follow up. I went to my favorite watering hole and explained to the bartender what I was trying to accomplish and she was so gracious to make it a challenge. She started bringing me about two OZ of beer in high ball glasses and I would taste, rinse with water and taste again. Long story shortened, I tried at least 7 available low carb beers, some two or three times till I got down to what I found to be the best(for me), and to my surprise, I settled on Miller Lite. I was shocked, but, it is what it is. Go beyond the marketing hype and fancy labels, and a blind test is more accurate than anything. So, in closing, thanks for all that gave suggestions and advice. If your in my area, stop by for a cold MILLER LITE.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Try Bush Light 12 0z can. 95 calories, 3.2 grams o carb. It's better than Bud Light.
Better than Bud Light is about the lowest standard possible. Is there any beer worst than Bud or Bud light.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, alcohol, good, part, hearty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.