I Love America

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Sage
Default I Love America

Someone said I love it the way it used to be. So I said I love it just the way it is.

We were both wrong: to borrow a Quote from Dale:
"I love it the way it should be

Now that is using your head for something besides a hat rack.

I have lived for more than 2/3's of a century and (in my opinion) feel I am living a better life today than them GOOD OLE DAYS. We are better in the methods of medical treatment and many ways Everyone is closer to being treated as being EQUAL. When groups of Americans are given a right, I do not feel like I lost one.
We still have need of improvement, but must not go back.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I am an American citizen. I am also a German citizen. I chose America over Germany a long, long time ago and have rarely regretted it. America is not perfect, she makes some horrendous mistakes and her people have done some awful things. So have most other nations. However, America does learn from her mistakes -- she and her people do what they can to make things right. America tries. This is a great nation and I am proud to say I am an American.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I am an American citizen. I am also a German citizen. I chose America over Germany a long, long time ago and have rarely regretted it. America is not perfect, she makes some horrendous mistakes and her people have done some awful things. So have most other nations. However, America does learn from her mistakes -- she and her people do what they can to make things right. America tries. This is a great nation and I am proud to say I am an American.
I am a 22 year Army Veteran. Ich habe 11 Jahre lang in Deutschland gelebt. Loved it very much I might add. I also agree, that most if not all countries committed terrible acts in the good ole days. We are getting better so must not look back.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post

Well said--- Glad you came and contributed to the American Experience
Old 04-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Someone said I love it the way it used to be. So I said I love it just the way it is.

I have lived for more than 2/3's of a century and (in my opinion) feel I am living a better life today than them GOOD OLE DAYS. We are better in the methods of medical treatment and many ways Everyone is closer to being treated as being EQUAL. When groups of Americans are given a right, I do not feel like I lost one.
You are absolutely right. A poster in a different thread said he loved America like it WAS. How far back? Before women got the right to vote? Before slavery was abolished? Before the Civil Rights Act?

We, as a country, have gone forward a long ways. Progressive action is needed to go forward and to keep moving forward.

Last edited by buggyone; 04-06-2014 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Wrong type of punctuation mark used.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

"Progressive action , Wouldn't that be considered "political Views". in other words our way or the highway! Forum Police, Forum Police ZAP! ZAP!

Not to worry no supermen around to reverse the rotation of the earth. So there is no going back except when were all broke.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Moser View Post
"Progressive action , Wouldn't that be considered "political Views". in other words our way or the highway! Forum Police, Forum Police ZAP! ZAP!

Not to worry no supermen around to reverse the rotation of the earth. So there is no going back except when were all broke.
No, progressive action just means to be forward thinking. There is absolutely nothing political about looking forward and going forward instead of going backwards.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
No, progressive action just means to be forward thinking. There is absolutely nothing political about looking forward and going forward instead of going backwards.
Suppose that might be the reason our country is in such a mess and basically going down the drain. It's saddening to see what is happening to our once greatly blessed country.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
Suppose that might be the reason our country is in such a mess and basically going down the drain. It's saddening to see what is happening to our once greatly blessed country.
I see us in better shape than any time in my life. Better medical, better equal rites etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I see us in better shape than any time in my life. Better medical, better equal rites etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Maybe you should look at the overall picture of the country and not just what is better for you...
Old 04-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Maybe you should look at the overall picture of the country and not just what is better for you...
The way it is now is not better for me. It is better for so many that don't look like me.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
The way it is now is not better for me. It is better for so many that don't look like me.
Obviously your opinion is the only opinion that matters....

On many, many fronts we are faced with declines and problems that no one has a clue how to solve...or where they will take us down to in the end.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Obviously your opinion is the only opinion that matters....

On many, many fronts we are faced with declines and problems that no one has a clue how to solve...or where they will take us down to in the end.
I love opinions from everyone. Let's just shake hands and say we differ on the direction to proceed from here.

Love
Lou
Old 04-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Email Reported As Spam

This is a difficult question to address given the limitations of time and space.
Advances in health safety, technology etc. are better.
Morally and socially we are rapidly digressing.
Political leadership is corrupt and lacks vision.
Our educational system has failed miserably and the affects of that failure are now self evident.
The federal government over reach is stripping both industry and private citizens of constitutional rights and compromising our free enterprise system with unnecessary and expensive regulations
I love America also and it is sad to see the America I knew disappear before my eyes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.