I, TechnoIdiot

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Soaring Parsley
Default I, TechnoIdiot

This is not the first time I have finally decided to just go ahead and embarrass myself by asking what I am sure is a completely idiotic question about the technology we use here.

Here goes:

I sent a PM and and got a response. Sent another one. Got a response.

But, as fate would have it, instead of just starting a new message as my response, I tried to do a reply.

I wrote the message, digressing, as I am wont to do. - so needless to say, I had invested a little time in it.

Anyway, I sent it. I sent it TO MYSELF.

I can see the message. It taunts me. It taunts me even more because it needs some editing that I missed first go round.

I cannot find a forward button anywhere or I would simply forward it. And I cannot figure out how to get back in to edit.

So there. I asked. I have no shame anymore.

Boomer
Old 02-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage
Default Re: I, TechnoIdiot

BB,

Here's one method....

Go into the message you sent to yourself. In the body of the text, highlight all the text with you mouse; on the menu line of your browser, click on EDIT then COPY. This copies your text into the computer's clipboard.

Next, start a brand new PM to your intended recipient. After creating the subject line, click your mouse into the empty message/text area; now go back up to the menu line of the browser and click EDIT then PASTE. This puts the previously copied text into the message box and you can change/add away.

Hopefully, this wasn't too techie for you.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Soaring Parsley
Default Re: I, TechnoIdiot

Thank you, Villages07,

I will try that later.

There was a skit about this. I think it was on Saturday Night Live. The tech people had to keep coming in to fix things for people like me. Well, that was me when I worked. But fortunately, I knew how to do a few other things around there so they kept me.

It can get embarrassing sometimes though.

I know this has to be a flaw in my personality or something. I just need to sit myself down and learn to do this. -or maybe it's some kind of right-brained/left-brained thing.

I think I need to go meet this Clipboard thing. This is not the first time I have been told about it, but I have put off the meeting. That's why I end up skulking into my old posts and editing them.

It sounds like Clipboard could become my new best friend.

Thank you. - and I really am going to try this later. But for today, I must step away from this infernal machine, and I have a feeling learning new technology is going to take a little while.

BB

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.