I told you so.

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Platinum member
Talking I told you so.

Between 5:30PM and 5:45PM Sunday the very offensive thread was removed.

In this same time frame the alternative thread, which was intended to end bumping up the offensive thread, was also removed.

As I predicted, everything under the original posts was removed too, as many of the posts criticized the Mods for not removing the original post sooner, and criticizing the Mods is forbidden by the Terms of Use.

Let's hope that we see no more of the offensive posts. The OP should have been banned.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

You weren't the only one saying that the offensive thread was still up because of no mod/admins around...and not because of a change of site policy.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:12 PM
TOTV Moderator

I was going to start a new thread to explain what happened today, but, since this one is here I'll just add on to it.

There are several TOTV Moderators, all unpaid volunteers. We have no set schedule or "office hours". Under normal circumstances, one or more moderators are on early in the morning to clean up any issues from the night before. We all usually pop in and out during the day to handle issues that arise.

Today was one of those days where the stars did not align ... no Moderator or Admin had logged into the system from 10 pm last night until 5:30pm today. Unfortunately, 2 separate "new member" trolls had started very offensive threads. Once we logged in, these were dispatched quickly and the offending members have been banned.

We apologize that the issues were not resolved more quickly....just one of those days.

Thanks for your understanding. Our goal is always to enforce the site guidelines and make TOTV a safe, civil place to visit.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Thank you.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
I was going to start a new thread to explain what happened today, but, since this one is here I'll just add on to it.

There are several TOTV Moderators, all unpaid volunteers. We have no set schedule or "office hours". Under normal circumstances, one or more moderators are on early in the morning to clean up any issues from the night before. We all usually pop in and out during the day to handle issues that arise.

Today was one of those days where the stars did not align ... no Moderator or Admin had logged into the system from 10 pm last night until 5:30pm today. Unfortunately, 2 separate "new member" trolls had started very offensive threads. Once we logged in, these were dispatched quickly and the offending members have been banned.

We apologize that the issues were not resolved more quickly....just one of those days.

Thanks for your understanding. Our goal is always to enforce the site guidelines and make TOTV a safe, civil place to visit.

Thanks for the explanation and thanks to all of you...who VOLUNTEER your time.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:16 PM
fw102807

Thank you for the explanation.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:22 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Old 11-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post

Thanks for the explanation. Hope you all had a terrific Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Thanks very much.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:18 PM
Platinum member
Post Work at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
You weren't the only one saying that the offensive thread was still up because of no mod/admins around...and not because of a change of site policy.
TRY to read with discernment. I didn't allege that I was the only one who thought the Mods had not seen the offensive post.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
TRY to read with discernment. I didn't allege that I was the only one who thought the Mods had not seen the offensive post.

You are a good guy Carl from Tampa. Merry Christmas. Since you are on Facebook, you know we have been decorating all day.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Moderator,
I would like to make a suggestion, if possible, could your system place any post from a new member First post to ??), in a holding area, until reviewed. This might go a long way to stopping the occasional trolls and lurkers that seem to post offensive posts.

And also, we appreciate your volunteer work, keep up the good work.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
I told you so.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Moderator,
I would like to make a suggestion, if possible, could your system place any post from a new member First post to ??), in a holding area, until reviewed. This might go a long way to stopping the occasional trolls and lurkers that seem to post offensive posts.

And also, we appreciate your volunteer work, keep up the good work
Good idea for someone making a first post...who's looking to start problems.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Wow..............Volunteers............pretty cool.

Wonder if they will ever call me to volunteer.

Closed Thread

Tags
thread, removed, offensive, posts, mods

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.