Ideas on where to sell Hummels?

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2020, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post

Ebay has changed quite a bit in recent years.

As to a tax deduction. I think few people in the villages, most are retired, qualify to itemize.
One of the reasons I stopped doing eBay classes is because I was disgusted by all the changes they were making, much to the detriment of sellers.

It is still the best place for certain types of items, though -- collectibles, in particular. Commodities, not so much.

[My husband is convinced he is one of the only people in TV who still works full-time (and then some) because every time he hears about a club meeting he would like to attend it turns out to be during "normal business hours". Luckily, he loves what he does.]

k.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
Thanks for the ideas! I may make a trip to the places listed and just leave them. Many were from our parents, so anything is gravy.
Got in here late. I would do eBay. Get a scale, sign up for an account at USPS. You can order free boxes or get them at the post office. I have done eBay since 1997 when I sold for my first item , a fransican rose thimble for $150. I paid $2 for it. I have sold Hummel’s for my aunt for up to $250. Yes, it does take some work, but you will get your best prices there’s

With the usps account you can calculate postage,(at a discount), then you can print out a shipping label.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:27 PM

You can ask at any one of the consignment shops near The Villages. Usually you will receive 60% of the sale price with shop getting 40% but in some places they have raised to 50/50. Google consignment shops near The Village zip code. Several in Ocala, Almost Perfect on north 441 and Bargains & Treasures on 466 just east of 301. Good luck since they have lost quite a bit of their value. I collect Lladro from Spain and now you can get them on e-bay for about 75% off the retail price.
Old 01-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
We just recently moved down to TV and brought with us about 40 Hummels that we collected over the years. Does anyone know a reputable consignment shop to bring them to? I dont really want to sell them out of my garage lol.
TIA
Are those same as decanters? If so, I use to collect Jim beam Hummels?

George Jones-The King Is Gone - YouTube
Old 01-01-2021, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

I’m sure you’ll do well selling them where ever you choose , I’ll bet you’ll be able to get as much as beanie babies are selling for
Closed Thread

Tags
sell, hummels, ideas, reputable, consignment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.