If you lived in Paris...

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Sage
Default If you lived in Paris...

What would you think of the US position on terror?
How would you protect yourself, your family?
Would you want to be armed?
Old 01-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Gold member

That is a hypothetical I can't wrap my head around. Hate Paris. My first footstep in Paris landed in dog poop as I stepped out of my hippie VW bus.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I just heard on CNN that many Jews were afraid to go to services last night.

I HATE to hear stuff like that. We Christians are considered to be infidels too by the bad guys.

Somebody needs to do something. They are bullies. HORRIBLE slash your throat bullies. Shoot you in the head bullies. Muslims are afraid of them too. What worries me, is who next is gonna get all devout and radical? Hate and fear are feelings right now from all over the world.

Those guys were law breaking criminals...all of them. The ones that worry me are the really serious misled devout ones that keep thinking all infidels should be dead.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Sage

Give me a link to today's US position on terror, I'll read it, research it and tell you what I think.

In France I would move to the Languedoc-Rousillion region. It's beautiful, safe and affordable near the Mediterranean sea. You can get to Paris by train in 3 hours.

I would not want to be armed.

good questions
Old 01-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Give me a link to today's US position on terror, I'll read it, research it and tell you what I think.

In France I would move to the Languedoc-Rousillion region. It's beautiful, safe and affordable near the Mediterranean sea. You can get to Paris by train in 3 hours.

I would not want to be armed.
How close would that be to Marseille? Just sayin'. That is a little tiny bit like evading the question.

I do not own a gun, but in Paris right now...I would feel the need of owning and knowing how to use one..One of those machine guns.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I just heard on CNN that many Jews were afraid to go to services last night.

I HATE to hear stuff like that. We Christians are considered to be infidels too by the bad guys.

Somebody needs to do something. They are bullies. HORRIBLE slash your throat bullies. Shoot you in the head bullies. Muslims are afraid of them too. What worries me, is who next is gonna get all devout and radical? Hate and fear are feelings right now from all over the world.

Those guys were law breaking criminals...all of them. The ones that worry me are the really serious misled devout ones that keep thinking all infidels should be dead.
Jews will be increasingly persecuted. They are still destined as God's chosen, and Satan will never give up opposing and exalting himself against God's plan for earth.
As horrifying to watch up close, it is fascinating to watch unfold, knowing from prophecies in scripture how the story goes and how it ends.

Imagine how it is to feel personally threatened. Let's Pray for the French, the Jews, and for the peace of Jerusalem. And for the US to be shaken awake in no uncertain terms.

Thanks for the reminder, GG.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
How close would that be to Marseille? Just sayin'. That is a little tiny bit like evading the question.

I do not own a gun, but in Paris right now...I would feel the need of owning and knowing how to use one..One of those machine guns.
My answer is very consistent with the way I have always lived. As soon as I had enough money I moved my family into a sleepy farm community in the Pine Barrens of NJ. I bought a condo in the sea shore community of Cape May and Hilton Head to rent and to use. Now I am here where I enjoy life. If this place gets dangerous I'll move again.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
My answer is very consistent with the way I have always lived. As soon as I had enough money I moved my family into a sleepy farm community in the Pine Barrens of NJ. I bought a condo in the sea shore community of Cape May and Hilton Head to rent and to use. Now I am here where I enjoy life. If this place gets dangerous I'll move again.
I agree. That is how we have lived our lives, most of us. Trying to work hard enough to buy property in low crime areas. But somehow this issue seems quite different to me.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
It shouldn't be just a U.S. position But a world position. Terrorism works if you let it. Everyone needs to stand up against it and actively fight it. No more talking nice to a Sherman tank...it will still run you over. A bully is a bully and nothing to be proud of.

Protect yourself by standing up, speaking out, sending a message to government and governments around the world to together. If in a high risk area, get a gun if necessary to protect your family.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
I agree. That is how we have lived our lives, most of us. Trying to work hard enough to buy property in low crime areas. But somehow this issue seems quite different to me.
It's up side of living in a free country and having a good job. My folks went from Hoboken to Jersey City to Secaucus to the Pine Barrens. If we knew about TV when they were alive, we would have sent them here. Moving up is our family tradition. I guess they had friends with guns in Hoboken that hung in there to fight the good fight.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile No Different

I have worked both in Manhattan and Paris and there is little difference between the two. You are just as safe, if you follow good saftety rules in both cities. Of course if you run a paper that blasts the Muslim's (not that it is wrong to express free speech) you will have a greater risk than a person working in a shop. I have often heard people say they don't want to go to one city or another because of risk, crime, etc. In reality one city is not different than the other. In some cases one city may have a different kind of crime than another, As an example in Europe there are more non violent crimes like pick pockets than in the US where there is more violent crimes. Spain is quite known for pick pockets as is Rome. It is interesting that of all the time I have spent in Europe the on City I would never have suspected of being a risk, was. I am speaking of Luzern, Switzerland. We had a pickpocket follow us through the city until I frightened him away. Net of all of this is that no one should be afraid to visit a city BUT and it's a big BUT that does not mean that in any ciity somone should drop their awareness of what is around them and if there is any kind of a risk. One last point. In each city there is a section that would probably not be safe to go into. This includes NY City, Paris, Rome, London, etc.etc. As the old time Comic use to say, "If it hurts to do it, don't do it" same applies to these sections. "If it hurts to go there don't go there".
Old 01-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I have worked both in Manhattan and Paris and there is little difference between the two. You are just as safe, if you follow good saftety rules in both cities. Of course if you run a paper that blasts the Muslim's (not that it is wrong to express free speech) you will have a greater risk than a person working in a shop. I have often heard people say they don't want to go to one city or another because of risk, crime, etc. In reality one city is not different than the other. In some cases one city may have a different kind of crime than another, As an example in Europe there are more non violent crimes like pick pockets than in the US where there is more violent crimes. Spain is quite known for pick pockets as is Rome. It is interesting that of all the time I have spent in Europe the on City I would never have suspected of being a risk, was. I am speaking of Luzern, Switzerland. We had a pickpocket follow us through the city until I frightened him away. Net of all of this is that no one should be afraid to visit a city BUT and it's a big BUT that does not mean that in any ciity somone should drop their awareness of what is around them and if there is any kind of a risk. One last point. In each city there is a section that would probably not be safe to go into. This includes NY City, Paris, Rome, London, etc.etc. As the old time Comic use to say, "If it hurts to do it, don't do it" same applies to these sections. "If it hurts to go there don't go there".
When we went to Europe 3 years ago I wore a money belt because Rick Steves told me to. I followed all his rules. We had fun as a couple but I was constantly surveying the area and the crowd, probably unnecessarily. Now I think I need to travel with a group. I don't like getting old.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=kittygilchrist;993250]Jews will be increasingly persecuted. They are still destined as God's chosen, and Satan will never give up opposing and exalting himself against God's plan for earth.
As horrifying to watch up close, it is fascinating to watch unfold, knowing from prophecies in scripture how the story goes and how it ends.

Imagine how it is to feel personally threatened. Let's Pray for the French, the Jews, and for the peace of Jerusalem. And for the US to be shaken awake in no uncertain terms.

Agree!!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Sage
[quote=keywest;993300]
Quote:
Jews will be increasingly persecuted. They are still destined as God's chosen, and Satan will never give up opposing and exalting himself against God's plan for earth.

Agree!!!!

Not to worry. President Obama is sending Attorney General Eric Holder to Paris to lead the US delegation in standing with solidarity with the citizens of France. While there, Holder and other top law enforcement officials from several European countries will meet to discuss the way forward.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
It's only a matter of time before what happened in Paris, happens here, it's inevitable. Is the US more ready for it than France was, probably so. Are we in TV more isolated from radical extremists than most communities with 100K people, probably so. Should we ever let our guard down? Never. Even in TV, there are some crazy old people that will shoot you over something petty as a confrontation over saving seats or a prime parking spot.

I am armed at all times, my wife is armed at all times, our son is armed at all times and our daughter is armed at all times.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.