If you want to sell your home, you have to be nice.

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

I have sold three homes as FSBO's. In each case the buyers and myself were simpatico.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-17-2015, 07:03 PM
Sage

It is very interesting to read these stories. I had several people who I cringed thinking to they would make an offer or, worse, I had a couple that did make an offer and I prayed wouldn't come come up to our expected value. I couldn't imagine sticking my neighbors with some of the potential buyers. The people that ended up buying were just my cup of tea and it was so easy to make the deal. We were simply "simpatico" as the above mentioned.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:46 AM

Congrats on selling that beautiful house!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:38 AM

RE: Recently, I had listed my house for sale and it has since sold..in five weeks. However, I continue to get calls and there was a person in particular who I thought I would help out as he doesn't live in TV. I knew about a house that was a possibility because it was on the FSBO site the same time as I listed and it has since reduced the price. I called to the owner and explained I was calling for a friend who is not in TV. I was told, "we don't do friends of friends. You can go down the block and there are other houses you can look at." I was quite taken aback. I explained that I had recently sold my house and was trying to help someone who had been interested

Perhaps this guy had too many looks Lou's not really interested in buying. When we sold, we had people coming in that just wanted to get decorating ideas and one guy that sat on a bar stool talking baseball saying he was just driving by.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:37 PM

Thank you for the insight. I am a prospective buyer, and I will be looking for a home next year. I will also be a seller, and what you say is so true. I think that it is difficult for some to part with their homes, I can say that about myself, and that is why I will choose to have a realtor. Also, from a buyer's prospective, the angles and pictures that are taken of the house are sometimes deceiving...I have learned that you really do need to go visit and observe the home and the neighborhood if you plan on living there! Happy that you were able to quickly sell your home!
Old 08-18-2015, 01:42 PM

I think that you did your neighbors a favor!
Old 08-18-2015, 01:45 PM

I live in Oviedo, FL now, and will be heading to the Villages in March to check it out...what realtor would you recommend and why? I would like to try to purchase a home that is 5-6 years old, 3/2 concrete block. Thanks for your comments.
Closed Thread

Tags
house, person, recently, fsbo, realtor, sell, road, site, buyer, friends, people, totv, explained, listed, sold, home, selling, cordial, charming, thread, voice, pros, cons, huge, inviting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.