Illegal aliens From Cuba

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Default Illegal aliens From Cuba

I heard on the Today Show that they are opening the flood gates for Cuba. How many illegals are going to buy a ticket to Miami and get lost in US?

Maybe Castro will empty the jails and mental institutions, like before, and give them a ticket.

I cant believe this is happening.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I heard on the Today Show that they are opening the flood gates for Cuba. How many illegals are going to buy a ticket to Miami and get lost in US?

Maybe Castro will empty the jails and mental institutions, like before, and give them a ticket.

Hmmmnnn!!! I wonder if there is a pattern? The states most affected? CA, TX, FL.

Why is there not a need or incentive or desire to open the borders between the US and Canada? Ditto for the Europen and other countries entrants via the east coast?

Just why is that? Since it is political we won't be able to pursue it !
Old 01-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Hmmmnnn!!! I wonder if there is a pattern? The states most affected? CA, TX, FL.

Why is there not a need or incentive or desire to open the borders between the US and Canada? Ditto for the Europen and other countries entrants via the east coast?

It is scary for our country, but as you say....mum is the word
Old 01-16-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

Oh, but it is. Anyone can buy a ticket, come, and "get lost". No one is looking for them. I believe they can stay 3 mos but if they choose to stay, no one is looking for them. There are hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants that fly in. We only hear about the ones coming over the Rio Grande.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

As they say, "elections have consequences". This is direct result of the choices people made when they voted. I would expect this sort of trend to continue based on the changing demographics.

Quote:

Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

"Critics have said the US has played into the hands of the Castro brothers by relaxing sanctions without obtaining commitments from them to expand freedoms for Cubans. Cuba remains one of the most repressive nations in the world, according to human rights groups and the State Department, which have cataloged the ways it smothers dissent through arbitrary arrests, government intimidation, selective prosecution and control of the news media."

Most Cubans do not have the means to buy a plane ticket, much less anything else.
The tentative agreement does not allow for Cubans to travel out.

Even if (with outside help) they managed to get a ticket, then managed to get themselves to one of the ONLY two runways- and managed to get on a chartered plane without being questioned, they would leave with the knowledge that they have put remaining family members at very real risk of repercussion.
I don't think you need to be worried anytime soon about a flood of Cubans arriving by plane to Miami.

And…. on the occasion when Castro sent us his criminals and mental patients he crowded them onto a commandeered boat. No expense.

Although the government owns the only airline, (Cubana) and could load them up without buying plane tickets it still would cost the government $$$ in fuel and landing fees to fly their undesirables out.
As of now, Cubana does not fly to the U.S.

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 01-17-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Irish need not apply. Colored water fountains. Separate but equal. No Chinee allowed. As long as I can remember, people have bemoaned immigrants and people of color here, legal and illegal. America is a nation of change, always has been, always will be. Most people don't like change. I'm not a big fan of bending over backwards (ESL, etc.) for our newest immigrants but if they can and are willing to work, if they want to be part of this great nation, let 'em come.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default That Dog Won't Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Irish need not apply. Colored water fountains. Separate but equal. No Chinee allowed. As long as I can remember, people have bemoaned immigrants and people of color here, legal and illegal. America is a nation of change, always has been, always will be. Most people don't like change. I'm not a big fan of bending over backwards (ESL, etc.) for our newest immigrants but if they can and are willing to work, if they want to be part of this great nation, let 'em come.

Hi Redwitch: I have read many of your posts and you appear to be a very intelligent and logical individual. So the comparison between those emigrating to America via legal channels (Ellis Island etc) vis a vis comparing them to illegal aliens is a non sequitur. The reason people use to be required to come through the front door should be obvious to almost everyone. This is not a West Side Story its about the fact that illegals are well illegal creating safety, health security and economic and employment concerns
Old 01-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Most Chinese were illegal. Many Irish were, too. Ditto Jews pre-WWII. Whether we like it or not, America has always been a Mecca for those wanting something better and those already here bemoaning the changing population. What bothers me about this wave of immigrants, legal or illegal, is there is no desire to make this their home. They want to work here, earn funds to send their families and then return to their countries of origin after a certain goal has been reached and, worse yet, America (and not just the present administration) has kowtowed to them. America deserves better than people using it as a way station.

We do need to take back America. We need to let immigrants know they are welcome so long as they will respect our laws, learn our language, assimilate and become Americans. Otherwise, you're welcome here as a tourist, but no jobs, no funding, no schooling.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-16-2015, 03:31 PM

I fully agree with Redwitch. Also, before you post that the sky is falling, you should get the facts. The floodgates have not been opened. The intent is to begin to normalize relations, establish diplomatic contacts to allow direct discussions and to allow families to see each other not to mention increase trade that American Corporations would love to have.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Most Chinese were illegal. Many Irish were, too. Ditto Jews pre-WWII. Whether we like it or not, America has always been a Mecca for those wanting something better and those already here bemoaning the changing population. What bothers me about this wave of immigrants, legal or illegal, is there is no desire to make this their home. They want to work here, earn funds to send their families and then return to their countries of origin after a certain goal has been reached and, worse yet, America (and not just the present administration) has kowtowed to them. America deserves better than people using it as a way station.

We do need to take back America. We need to let immigrants know they are welcome so long as they will respect our laws, learn our language, assimilate and become Americans. Otherwise, you're welcome here as a tourist, but no jobs, no funding, no schooling.
But they are not. Millions have been here long enough to have the next generation and they are still illegal. They demand to keep their own language and demand that we provide them everything in their language (and like dummies we do).

Those coming in the front door agree with and do just what is highlighted. The illegals have every incentive to not to have to do so. Soon those coming in the front door will say screw it and live the illegal, no penalty, no enforcement no problem lifestyle here in the good old USA.

I am a Take Back America advocate. That means I yearn for and will put as much effort as legally allowed to move this country back to constitutional, federal and local law enforcent of existing laws.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

I am so glad you made this second post to this thread !!!!

I agree with you because I welcome immigrants of ANY COLOR, ANY CREED...makes not difference.

The difference is the world today versus what you compared it to. Then, you could not kill a lot of people just be getting in the country, and I doubt the percentage of folks who wanted to do that was very high (being a bit sarcastic)

And your last points well taken but not something that is happening nor something it appears our leaders are even striving for.

Funny, well not humorous funny, but Martin Luther Kings widow had a great fear of the immigrant movement because she feared they would take jobs from the black population.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

Well thank God this is only a political discussion....when I saw the name of the thread, I was afraid Martians were coming
Old 01-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Well thank God this is only a political discussion....when I saw the name of the thread, I was afraid Martians were coming
I do not consider public policy on behalf of my country to be political !!!

Discussion of public policy BETTER HAPPEN somewhere.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:31 PM

Look up the wet foot/dry foot program for Cubans. Once a Cuban sets foot on dry land, they here. No need hide or run.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.