Illegal aliens From Cuba

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Sorry illegal is illegal why should we welcome them with open arms? Please tell me a good reason. I dont know of one.
The wet-foot, dry-foot policy makes it clear the Cubans who reach American shores are NOT ILLEGAL.

It is still written policy and will continue until Congress changes it. "The article you cite is EIGHT years old, but it still is in effect."

Petition your representative in Congress to change it if you do not like the policy.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
The wet-foot, dry-foot policy makes it clear the Cubans who reach American shores are NOT ILLEGAL.

It is still written policy and will continue until Congress changes it. "The article you cite is EIGHT years old, but it still is in effect."

Petition your representative in Congress to change it if you do not like the policy.

Cubans have never been called illegals, since they started arriving in south Florida back in the early 60's. One of the reasons other Hispanic groups, such as Mexicans and South Americans hold this against them is because they receive this special treatment.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post

"THe future of the United States' five-decade embargo blocking trade with Cuba is suddenly and unexpectedly murky.

Although President Barack Obama shifted long-standing American policy on Wednesday, the embargo and the lesser known but critically important Cuban Adjustment Act are still in place. And there's no real prospect that the Republican-controlled Congress will change them in the new year."

"Obama's new policy on Cuba effectively ends the U.S. embargo as Florida and the world have known it for more than half a century, most likely leading to its gradual phase-out.

But significant parts will remain in effect, including a ban on American tourism to Cuba.

Obama made extraordinary use of his executive authority to greatly alter the U.S. relationship with Cuba.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/pol...ry.html#page=1

Please stay tuned...NOTHING much happening yet

My opinion...another P ploy as he has ignored South America during the tenure. Cuba and Venzuela are partners and Venzuela is important in this equation.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage

So while the administration is making nice with Castro, he allows a Russian spy ship to dock on his shores the day after a US contingency arrives to work out details. Another slap in the face to the US.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
has anyone been to miami.
I worked Hurricane Andrew. That started my love of Florida.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-23-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
has anyone been to miami.
Yes you might say that I have. I was born in St Francis Hospital in Miami Beach, and grew up in Miami. Lived there until I got married & moved around the U.S. & the world in early yrs. Then in my late twenties returned to S. Fl. & raised my family in Broward County. Ie: Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale area. So like what is your point?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.