Illegal giving drives license

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2019, 03:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I agree. They are going to drive anyway. If you were hit by one of them who was mot forced to have insurance, you would be in deep do do.
What makes you think they are going to purchase insurance ? Or a car for that matter?
Old 03-21-2019, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

1. PEOPLE are not illegal. This is a pet peeve. It is nasty, mean-spirited, bigoted, loathesome, and hateful to suggest otherwise. Their presence in the USA is illegal, but they, the people themselves, are not illegal. The fact that this is such a common term that no one seems to be bothered by it anymore, is exactly what makes it so horrible. You've all become so accustomed to your own bigotry that you don't notice it.

2. I would rather have a person who has proven that he knows how to drive, and has acquired insurance and registered his vehicle, than someone who hasn't done any of these things, driving ahead of, behind, or beside me on a public road, regardless of his/her immigration status.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
1. PEOPLE are not illegal. This is a pet peeve. It is nasty, mean-spirited, bigoted, loathesome, and hateful to suggest otherwise. Their presence in the USA is illegal, but they, the people themselves, are not illegal. The fact that this is such a common term that no one seems to be bothered by it anymore, is exactly what makes it so horrible. You've all become so accustomed to your own bigotry that you don't notice it.

2. I would rather have a person who has proven that he knows how to drive, and has acquired insurance and registered his vehicle, than someone who hasn't done any of these things, driving ahead of, behind, or beside me on a public road, regardless of his/her immigration status.
Hear Hear
Old 03-21-2019, 04:55 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Someone that commits a felony is a felon. Someone that barges into the United States ILLEGALLY IS AN ILLEGAL. QED
Old 03-21-2019, 05:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:

People are aliens when they are residents and/or citizens of another country. If I visit Mexico since I am a US citizen I am an alien while in Mexico. Entering any country illegally is of course criminal conduct. If an individual illegally enters and illegally remains here, he or she is an illegal alien. Q.E.D.

Illegal alien drivers are rarely insured. New Mexico requires an insured driver secure (pay for) uninsured motorist coverage as the chances of being in an accident with one there are horrendously high. Many times the vehicles illegal aliens drive are not properly maintained or they are stolen and used to commit crimes. In my California neighborhood an illegal alien ran a stolen vehicle into a community owned wall which of course we all had to pay for since he was uninsured and had little or no financial resources.

Why we allow people who enter this country illegally to remain here much issue them drivers licenses is beyond ludicrous.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-21-2019, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
People are aliens when they are residents and/or citizens of another country. If I visit Mexico since I am a US citizen I am an alien while in Mexico. Entering any country illegally is of course criminal conduct. If an individual illegally enters and illegally remains here, he or she is an illegal alien. Q.E.D.

Illegal alien drivers are rarely insured. New Mexico requires an insured driver secure (pay for) uninsured motorist coverage as the chances of being in an accident with one there are horrendously high. Many times the vehicles illegal aliens drive are not properly maintained or they are stolen and used to commit crimes. In my California neighborhood an illegal alien ran a stolen vehicle into a community owned wall which of course we all had to pay for since he was uninsured and had little or no financial resources.

Why we allow people who enter this country illegally to remain here much issue them drivers licenses is beyond ludicrous.
And the hammer nails it!!
Old 03-21-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Of course THEY are illegal. If I rob a bank, I’m a bank robber. My pet peeve is people who refuse to see reality when it is staring them in the eye.
As far as driving. What would make you think that they would follow the law and have insurance? Based on past performance, they are not very good at obeying the law
Old 03-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,925 Times in 2,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjkoz View Post
Of course THEY are illegal. If I rob a bank, I’m a bank robber. My pet peeve is people who refuse to see reality when it is staring them in the eye.
As far as driving. What would make you think that they would follow the law and have insurance? Based on past performance, they are not very good at obeying the law
Old 03-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Default Drivers license

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
What makes you think they are going to purchase insurance ? Or a car for that matter?
If they are issued a drivers license they have to show proof of insurance just as we are.Having a car is not an issue. It doesn't take them having a car for them to drive, but if they are caught without insurance they will be prosecuted. This won't work for all of them. but it will for a lot.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Old 03-21-2019, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
If I were living in Mexico ILLEGALLY would I be able to get a Mexican drivers license?

I sure you can grease anybody in charge in Mexico and get what you want.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
I am more concerned of many seniors in Florida that have drivers licenses than illegals.

I am more concerned, you’re not concerned by law breakers
Old 03-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
I agree. They are going to drive anyway. If you were hit by one of them who was mot forced to have insurance, you would be in deep do do.
And you think giving them drivers licenses going to make the obey laws?
Old 03-21-2019, 06:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

Old 03-21-2019, 06:38 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
if they are caught without insurance they will be prosecuted. This won't work for all of them. but it will for a lot.
Good luck on that! It just doesn't happen. Criminal courts are so overburdened even violent felons are frequently not prosecuted!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
ohdear, pray, immigrants, illegal, licenses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.