I'm not buying it...

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Thumbs down I'm not buying it...

Orlando Third Best Commuting City

Quote:
This may seem unbelievable for anyone who takes Interstate 4 through downtown during rush hour, but Orlando has been ranked the third best city for driving in the country, according to a new WalletHub survey.

The only cities in the country that ranked higher than Orlando for drivers were Corpus Christi, Texas, (No. 2) and Raleigh, N.C., (No. 1).
Even way before the cluster of the 'I-4 Ultimate' project...I find this impossible to believe.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Orlando and its metro area are becoming as violent as a lot of other big cities. 😡😡
Old 07-13-2018, 07:38 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Orlando and its metro area are becoming as violent as a lot of other big cities. 😡😡
???

What does one have to do with the other?

I did hear the news on the best traffic. Even the reporter sounded confused. Forget how it was rated but .... At the same time, compared to Bay Area, there are no traffic issues anywhere in Central Florida.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-13-2018, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I thought Atlanta took first place, followed by NYC?
Old 07-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
???

What does one have to do with the other?

I did hear the news on the best traffic. Even the reporter sounded confused. Forget how it was rated but .... At the same time, compared to Bay Area, there are no traffic issues anywhere in Central Florida
Even in 79, when I first drove in the Bay Area, I learned quickly that if you leave even 3/4 of a car length between you and the vehicle in front of you...someone in the next lane will try to jump in that space.

And I was driving a 3/4 ton, 4X4 pickup truck.

Contrary to some people's opinion of SoCal drivers though (many who have never even driven there), I have found them to be generally...pretty decent and courteous.

I don't know if it's because they grew up with such heavy traffic, or what, but it's been my experience that drivers will slow down and let you in when you properly signal and won't speed up to keep you from moving over...or suddenly cut you off.

Traffic is beyond packed (and has been for at least the 40 years I've driven there) in Southern California, but always seems to at least keep moving...even if it's at a slow pace.

Go figure.
Closed Thread

Tags
orlando, country, ranked, city, christi

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.