Internet/Catalog sources for Xmas presents

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Eternal Member
Default Internet/Catalog sources for Xmas presents

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes:

Since I have nephews and nieces and their families all over the country as well as other relatives and friends to whom I send small Xmas presents, I keep my eye out for unique (to them) stuff. Last year everyone got Jennings citrus. The year before it was Wilbur's chocolates. Other years I've created boxes with mixed PA Dutch goodies and old time candies, sent White House ornaments, and even mailed fancy metal boxes of Lebkuchen, tho postage cost almost killed me that time.

Anyway, this year Jennings website is terribly delayed and their prices and shipping costs seem to have gone up a bit. I'm looking for some alternatives. I've 18 nephews and nieces and will likely send about 6-7 other gifts. Locations are primarily midwest and east coast ~~ the Hawaiian nephew will get a check. I've got to consider the uniqueness of the gift, plus cost and postage. I don't need a second mortgage.

Any suggestions PLEASE ??????
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Internet/Catalog sources for Xmas presents

My faves are amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com. Being a bookaholic, these work great. Amazon also comes in handy for those who don't like to read since it has a large variety of items.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Wow Muncle you sure like to live dangerously!!! Making sure the gifts arrive in time might be tough. The other thing I worry about is that not all web sites are up front about whether the product you've chosen is actually in stock.

An alternative you may consider are the American Express personalized Gift Cards. I do not have experience with other credit card companies but I'm sure they have equivalent products.
http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...?us_nu=leftnav

Usually I'd say that gift cards sometimes intimate that not much thought went in to gift choice but in recent years I've changed my perspective as have many of my family members.
One of my nieces loves Amazon.com so she's easy so I just e-mail a gift card. Gift cards can now be sent attached to an e-card.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...435937-8330015

Old 12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Eternal Member

I'm a big fan of Amazon gift certificates and make frequent us of them for B-days, graduations, etc. Unfortunately, most all of my nephews and nieces are married with varying numbers of offspring. I think there's about 40 of the greats. My sister sends each of the young ones a few bucks individually packaged in those $$$ gift envelopes. I, on the other hand, try to send a family gift regardless of whether the family is just the 2 adults or if it includes 5 kids. So for me, a gift that's fairly large but easily divided is mandatory. It works really well if I find an item for the season that comes in 2 or 3 sizes. The singles and childless couples get the small size, the 2 or 3 kids get the medium, and the baby factories get the large.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Hmmmmm...... :dontknow:, I'll have to think of an alternate solution.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.