Immigration or _ _ ? _ _.

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Immigration or _ _ ? _ _.

I have hopes this subject can be discussed without spiraling into a political contest. What is happening in the USA today with immigration, illegals, lack of enforcement of immigration laws is a very serious fast growing problem and threat to our freedoms and way of life.

I just wish the media and those who represent us in Washington would speak openly about the problem. I submit this clip by Bobby Jindal that I think states the problem very concisely. Try to be attentive to the message and not what party the speaker is or is not. Listen to what he says about the subject:

Jindal Warns of Islamic 'Colonization,' 'Invasion' of US - Breitbart

Folks may have an opinion that disagrees with what is presented and that is fine. Have your opinion. State it. But do not attempt to denegrate what others opinions are.

I for one agree with the presentation and have sent it to my friends and family because I believe it is well stated and for a refreshing change, in an open forum!!!

It is OK to agree to disagree without sniping or mud slinging.

We'll see!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Eternal Member

Well, he is right in some ways. We just have to look back into the history of our own country to see how it works.

The Pilgrims came to the New World to set up a society with their own culture and values and this was to the detriment of the Indians. The Jamestown settlers did the same thing in Virginia, William Penn and his followers, the push westward was called Manifest Destiny, and the Amercan Indians were always on the defensive against the settlers.

Most large cities have areas called something like Chinatown, Little Italy, Little Havana, or similar. The native languages are spoken there as widely as English and some do not understand English. Yes, American law is practiced there.

Jindal is right about colonization. We have seen it firsthand in the history of the USA.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Keep it not political. Hard to do when not even 10 seconds into the interview Jindal talks about offending liberals. And it goes on from there. However, I did like the Viking riverboat cruise ad at the beginning.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Well, he is right in some ways. We just have to look back into the history of our own country to see how it works.

The Pilgrims came to the New World to set up a society with their own culture and values and this was to the detriment of the Indians. The Jamestown settlers did the same thing in Virginia, William Penn and his followers, the push westward was called Manifest Destiny, and the Amercan Indians were always on the defensive against the settlers.

Most large cities have areas called something like Chinatown, Little Italy, Little Havana, or similar. The native languages are spoken there as widely as English and some do not understand English. Yes, American law is practiced there.

Jindal is right about colonization. We have seen it firsthand in the history of the USA.
Well said! History continues to repeat itself.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Keep it not political. Hard to do when not even 10 seconds into the interview Jindal talks about offending liberals. And it goes on from there. However, I did like the Viking riverboat cruise ad at the beginning.
hence my initial comments to look past the political and listen to the message!!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

We have established laws now and it's Not 1700's. Difference in legal and illegal. Federal government not enforcing laws, the political agenda CAN NOT be over looked.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Eternal Member

As stated earlier, most metropolitan areas have communties of certain ethnic groups such as Chinatown, Little Italy, Little Havana, Little Somalia, etc. These communities usually have more people speaking their native languages than English and have their own customs celebrated. This has been going on for years and years. They are not "colonies" but rather communities. What problem, if any, is seen with these?
Old 02-02-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
As stated earlier, most metropolitan areas have communties of certain ethnic groups such as Chinatown, Little Italy, Little Havana, Little Somalia, etc. These communities usually have more people speaking their native languages than English and have their own customs celebrated. This has been going on for years and years. They are not "colonies" but rather communities. What problem, if any, is seen with these?
None! They usually have some great little restaurants!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Sage

I was listening to NPR a week or so ago and the topic was assimilation. I can't find the show. The expert I believe was an anthropology professor.

What I took away from the show was that European countries do not assimilate well. There are three generations of Muslims who haven't held a job and this is the same in other European countries. The people see themselves in a hopeless situation where they will never be accepted.

He said America it is different for Muslim immigrants not from Europe. Immigrants that are older will do the best they can but they hope for their children. There is the hope of college or working in the family business and pooling resources.

Assimilation works in America and some of us have our own family stories.

He said what Americans should be far more afraid of is the Muslims that come from Europe.

If anyone else heard that show, and can find it, please post a link. I want to make sure I remember it correctly.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I think y'all are overlooking the difference between

a) forming a community having one predominant cultural group, with the community firmly committed to obedience and jurisdiction of federal and state law like Chinatown, Little Italy or Little Havana…..and

b) "to infiltrate with usually subversive militants for propaganda and strategy reasons <colonize industries>" (See dictionary definition containing this, below.)

The b) definition applies to "colonizers" like Islamic terrorist groups who are hellbent on imposing Sharia Law here. THAT is what Jindal is talking about.

Please consider with mind open:

col·o·nize verb \ˈkä-lə-ˌnīz\
: to create a colony in or on (a place) : to take control of (an area) and send people to live there

Full Definition of COLONIZE

transitive verb
a : to establish a colony in or on or of <colonize an island>
b : to establish in a colony <the rights of colonized people>
: to send illegal or irregularly qualified voters into <colonizing doubtful districts>
: to infiltrate with usually subversive militants for propaganda and strategy reasons <colonize industries>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/colonize

Old 02-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
None. Those folks came to this country legally by following our laws, learning our language, servicing in our military, and working and paying taxes. Yes, many still speak their native language, but 99% can also speak English, our native language.

The current group has come here illegally, breaking our laws, refusing to learn our language, committing crimes against our legal citizens, abusing our health care and welfare system, and not paying any taxes.

Those are the problems I see with the current illegal immigrants.

As for the link, those specific immigrants are trying to impose their laws on us, not following the laws we already have. And so yes I have a problem with that as well.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
None. Those folks came to this country legally by following our laws, learning our language, servicing in our military, and working and paying taxes. Yes, many still speak their native language, but 99% can also speak English, our native language.

The current group has come here illegally, breaking our laws, refusing to learn our language, committing crimes against our legal citizens, abusing our health care and welfare system, and not paying any taxes.

Those are the problems I see with the current illegal immigrants.

As for the link, those specific immigrants are trying to impose their laws on us, not following the laws we already have. And so yes I have a problem with that as well.
Well, the OP as talking about Islamics "colonization" of America and not illegal immigration. I don't see them imposing their laws on us. Specifically, where have you seen this happen?

As for illegal Hispanic immigration, IF they are on company payrolls under false identity papers, they ARE paying into Social Security and will not get anything out of it. IF they are being paid under the table, it is their employers who are breaking the law.

It is a myth that illegals get free health insurance.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

O yes, let's blame everybody but the illegal. If they stole someone's identity that's felony even if that person dead and buried. Again the problem fed gov don't enforce immigration laws. THIS INCLUDES going after employer's. I don't believe the myth is myth.

We need to mimic Mexico immigration laws. Charge them on there way to Canada. After all they are top of the world on human rights and immigration.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
We need to mimic Mexico immigration laws. Charge them on there way to Canada. After all they are top of the world on human rights and immigration.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Veteran member

It is still illegal to hire an illegal?

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch Law Library

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants
Authored by Ken LaMance, LegalMatch Law Library Managing Editor and Attorney at Law

What Counts as “Hiring An Illegal Immigrant”?
Under federal law, it is illegal for any employer to hire, recruit or refer for a fee any alien not authorized to work in the United States. This includes hiring contractors who employ illegal immigrants. There are criminal and civil penalties associated with this conduct.

It is also illegal for any employer not to verify work authorization. An employer who does not correctly complete an I-9 for each employee three days after the employee is hired is also subject to criminal and civil punishment.

What Are the Penalties For Hiring An Illegal Immigrant?
For first offenders, there is a $250-$2,000 fine per illegal employee.

For a second offense, the fine is $2,000-$5,000 per illegal employee.

For employers who have been convicted of hiring illegal immigrants more than twice, the fine can range from $3000-$10,000 per employee. If the employer demonstrates a pervasive pattern of knowingly employing illegal immigrants, he or she could face additional fines, and up to six months in jail.

This does not include “harboring” illegal immigrants, or knowingly employing ten or more illegal immigrants in one year. Harboring an illegal immigrant can lead to ten years of prison time.

Additionally, under the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations (RICO) act, employers hiring illegal immigrants have been sued, resulting in large settlements. The lawfully documented workers of the Zirkle Fruit Company recently settled a class action lawsuit brought under RICO. The suit alleged that their employer knowingly hired undocumented workers, driving down their wages.

What If the Illegal Immigrant Is Using a False or Stolen Identity?
Illegal immigrants who seek employment often engage in identity theft in order to work in the United States. Employers are required to make a good faith effort to make sure that their employees are legally permitted to work in the country. This good faith effort includes using the Social Security Administration’s website to check if a social security number matches the employee who gave the number.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.