Interested in cruising from a Florida port?

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2021, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

It should be up to the cruise line to determine what they do and don't allow on their own ship, as long as they comply with federal law. If there is a federal mandate for masks, then passengers on ships that are in US waters or at the docks should be masked. If there's a state mandate for masks, the same, with regards to docking at that state's ports.

But if the state doesn't FORBID its own citizens to vaccinate or wear masks, then they can't expect any commercial entity to forbid it - including cruise ships. They also can't expect cruise ships to require it, unless the state has an actual mandate for all commercial enterprises where the public gather.

I'm looking forward to cruising again. But we stopped cruising because we couldn't afford the luxury. Next time we can afford it, I'm thinking we'll go full throttle - elegance, intimate environment, first-class cuisine, higher staffassenger ratio, on a river cruise.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

I have supported 90% of what DeSantis has done. Here we part company. He has to cave on this or cost Florida a fortune. I have two cruises booked and no way do I want to be trapped on a ship with people who have not been vaccinated.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

So who’s science do you believe? Ron Desantis, who has been “open everything up” going back to the beginning of the pandemic?

Or the scientists, epidemiologists and doctors in the CDC, who continue to recommend no foreign travel and no cruising, even from U.S. ports?

I know what my choice is.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:19 AM
Default Who pays for Covid hospital stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenables View Post
What happens when you need your booster mid cruise? :-) "Get vaccinated or stay off the ship". Who do you think you are? Think about what you are saying before you type. NO ONE needs to get "Vaccinated". It's not mandatory and you sign any implications of the multitude of health and death risks away when you get it by your own choice. You people are straight sheep regurgitating things you hear with zero understanding of what you are talking about. I hope you have a great day by the way.
So with or without a vaccine, one is still responsible for hospital expenses. I heard that hospitals are getting aggressive on collecting fees that insurance companies are not accepting.
Figures show that not getting the vaccine has a 55 times greater risk of dying over dying from getting the vaccine. As Dirty Harry said, “How lucky do you feel, punk?”
Old 06-01-2021, 09:20 AM

Absolutely not.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
Violates Hippa laws, unconstitutional. Lawsuits coming. Some people (sheeple) need to quit letting the media and government drive your fears.
How does requiring passengers to disclose their vaccination history a violation of HIPPA? If you choose you can not cruise. There's no RIGHT to cruise. Oh and just what Article or Amendment of the Constitution is violated?
Old 06-01-2021, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Wrong. Sounds like you have drank the Kool-Aid. We are still Americans and have personal choice. I’m vaccinated, but people that choose not to take it for whatever reasons should not be punished or kept from being able to do the same things I can do.

Nope, nada...wrong.
No shot...you don't get on
Old 06-01-2021, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
I never needed to be vaccinated to go on a cruise before, so why start now?
I’m ready to cruise today. No worries whatsoever.
The reason to start now is the virus Covid 19.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenables View Post
What happens when you need your booster mid cruise? :-) "Get vaccinated or stay off the ship". Who do you think you are? Think about what you are saying before you type. NO ONE needs to get "Vaccinated". It's not mandatory and you sign any implications of the multitude of health and death risks away when you get it by your own choice. You people are straight sheep regurgitating things you hear with zero understanding of what you are talking about. I hope you have a great day by the way.

0% that's how much I agree with you. These are not Fl's ships. If they say no shot, no entry... that's how it goes.. thank God.
After all we have been through, who in God's name would enter onto a vessel without this rule.
We did the right thing...we quarantined, we got vaccinated, we waited.....now we live. And it's very well deserved. All the complainers that say we are just sheep...well we will wave from the port.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,305 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
0% that's how much I agree with you. These are not Fl's ships. If they say no shot, no entry... that's how it goes.. thank God.
After all we have been through, who in God's name would enter onto a vessel without this rule.
We did the right thing...we quarantined, we got vaccinated, we waited.....now we live. And it's very well deserved. All the complainers that say we are just sheep...well we will wave from the port.
I would.

My decision now is whether or not to patronize cruise lines or any other establishment that attempt to coerce me to get vaccinated.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-01-2021, 10:22 AM

No one should be aboard a cruise ship without proving they have been vaccinated. Only takes one person to make everyone else sick. Are we forgetting the people who were stuck on ships because of the virus?
Old 06-01-2021, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,305 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb2458 View Post
No one should be aboard a cruise ship without proving they have been vaccinated. Only takes one person to make everyone else sick. Are we forgetting the people who were stuck on ships because of the virus?
*Everyone* will get sick? Are we forgetting that not everyone on the ships got sick back in 2020? Are we forgetting that many people have been vaccinated or do the vaccines lose their effectiveness when you board a ship?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-01-2021, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The cruise lines called his bluff and he has to back off with his tail between his legs - because he wanted to look good and tough and he did not think it through. He does NOT want to lose the cruise lines money dropped in Florida. He just fell into a "Cluster ******" of HIS own making!
Old 06-01-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Just heard the governor this morning and I think some of you folks have it backwards. He is telling the cruise lines that they cannot require proof of vaccination for those leaving on cruises from Florida ports. It violates Florida law and there will be a fine of $5000 per day per person for whom they try to require this. I’m vaccinated and already booked for a cruise. It makes no difference to me if the others on the boat are vaccinated or not. I took care of me, which is the only thing I have a right to do!
If I truly were worried about all that then I wouldn’t even be doing cruising!
If an outbreak occurred among the unvaccinated then the boat might not be allowed to dock by some country or even the US. So, then how wonderful would that cruise be??????? The unvaccinated are ALWAYS causing problems for the vaccinated!
Old 06-01-2021, 12:20 PM
Veteran member

Lots of self-absorbed people don't believe they should get vaccinated. I wonder if they would also not reveal they had HIV or other STD (if they were infected) to a sex partner, because it's against their freedom? Two types of freedom - constructive and destructive. I'll always choose constructive freedom.

Unvaccinated people are opening up to the virus, which could mutate, and make the vaccine less than protective for the rest of us, and possibly cause another pandemic. If you refuse to get vaccinated do you still support our military protection? And if so, why?

Most cruise ships fly a foreign flag, so I guess the "America First" crowd won't be cruising. And, if the ship should become infected, should it not dock in the country whose flag it flies?

No petri dish cruising for me.

Tags
interested, cruising, florida, port, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.