+++ IRS & +++ TurboTax

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2020, 08:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,391 Times in 570 Posts
Default +++ IRS & +++ TurboTax

This may be difficult to believe, but this is a POSITIVE post re subjects.

Have been using TurboTax for 9 years now. Almost always, a relatively simple and step-by-step method to complete taxes. I use the online version (their site). All personal information is pre-filled, and typically steps you thru areas to confirm info and areas to enter income/tax data. I utilize the Deluxe version ($40). Over the years, TT has been a valuable way to complete taxes. A couple years, I had gone to an accountant to confirm, and they said TT is very good for general non-complex tax completion.

I'm a creature of habit, and desire to stay with what works for me (rather than use one of the TV-free tax people).

I completed the Fed taxes on 2/15 - E-filed, and requested an IRS check rather than direct deposit etc.

Check came in the mail yesterday. 2 weeks from file<>check. Props to IRS. And my refund was 60% more than 2018 tax refund (with similar income etc) Assuming due the 2019 fed tax cuts/exemption
Old 03-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,728 Times in 2,097 Posts

I agree. I just completed and filed my 2019 tax return using TurboTax. I never get a refund. I always keep paying and paying. If I ever overpay, I apply the overpayment to next year's return. I don't know what your accountant means by a complex tax return, but I think TurboTax will handle almost any tax situation.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 5,501 Times in 2,029 Posts

Not giving tax advice, just an opinion.

TurboTax is a quality product.

Old 03-03-2020, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,681 Times in 1,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Not giving tax advice, just an opinion.

TurboTax is a quality product.

Agree, have been using turbo tax for almost as long as I have had a good computer. Remember before personal computers when we had to do taxes by hand and use a desktop calculator.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Sage

Another satisfied long-time TT (and Quicken) user here.
Closed Thread

Tags
tax, taxes, irs, years, version

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.