It's Hot, it's Humid and Nasty - Let's have a discussion

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,336 Times in 1,445 Posts

Washed my car this morning, perfect weather for it, later went out and washed the lanai floor, not drying very fast but it's clean. The trick is getting up early. Oh, I don't car about the cake thing.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
To me, it is a civil rights issue. The baker is free to practice his religion of choice. He is not free to force that religion on another person. He chose to have a business open to the public.
I find myself nodding as I read your post. IMHO, you've made a persuasive argument.
But love is part of baking. If a wedding cake can't be baked with love, I'd move to a different bakery.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

As I interpret the situation this is a discussion about a US Supreme Court decision, the various legal factors considered and adjudicated therein.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Washed my car this morning, perfect weather for it, later went out and washed the lanai floor, not drying very fast but it's clean. The trick is getting up early. Oh, I don't car about the cake thing.
Did the windows and eves this morning........I thought it could have been a Sexy Diet Pepsi Commercial, but then I remembered...........I'm old.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Did the windows and eves this morning........I thought it could have been a Sexy Diet Pepsi Commercial, but then I remembered...........I'm old.
If you wear the same top you wear to the pickleball court, we could have something here.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Went to LSL last evening to check out a new band, Band 4 Play. They were a crowd pleaser but not much of a crowd due to the hot and sticky daytime weather. More showed up as the temperature dropped.

One woman came to the square with 6 dogs. So much for a dog day afternoon[emoji6]The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2018, 01:10 PM

As I said many times, we are losing our right to be individuals and are chastised for not following the crowd
Old 06-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Went to LSL last evening to check out a new band, Band 4 Play. They were a crowd pleaser but not much of a crowd due to the hot and sticky daytime weather. More showed up as the temperature dropped.

One woman came to the square with 6 dogs. So much for a dog day afternoon[emoji6]The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Probably a dog walker. Not a great place to walk six dogs.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
As I see it this decision confirms a normal person has rights, too, not just the looney fringe.
And how do you know that the baker was not the looney fringe and the couple the normal people?

That is just your opinion, not fact.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Baloney.

There are a number of 'off-beat religions' (KKK anyone?)...that prescribe exactly what Redwitch described.

What now stops someone from starting their own religion, then practice whatever prejudice/discrimination they so choose, claiming "it's their religious beliefs"...based on this goofy Supreme Court ruling?

In fact, I predict with the current climate in this country, we will read about that exact thing happening...in a very short order.

And BTW, does the 'Westboro Baptist Church'...ring a bell?

Well, get ready for a lot more of those types of sick mentalities...sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I agree with you on the actual 'reality' of the narrow decision, but it's still my opinion that those who would like to only serve/service those who they want (based on any reason)...will think they now have justification to do so.

We'll see I guess.

Just as I said...

Hardware store hangs "no gays allowed" sign
Quote:

Following the Supreme Court’s 7-2 ruling in favor of a Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, an East Tennessee business owner is celebrating by reposting a sign that reads, “No Gays Allowed.”

Jeff Amyx, a Baptist minister and owner of Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies, originally posted the sign in 2015 when SCOTUS ruled to permit same-sex marriage across the country.

Amyx claims that gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 06-08-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:17 PM
Smile

I agree with all of the above comments!
Closed Thread

Tags
case, supreme, bake, interest, cake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.