It's The Law

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2020, 06:45 PM
Bosoxfan
Default It's The Law

Stay right

Obeying this law will help to reduce road rage by being considerate and moving over to the right to let faster traffic by.
Below is a brief excerpt of the law along with the link:
316.081 Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.—
(1) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:
(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;
(b) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway;
Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine

Remember drive right, unless passing.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

You also have to move to the left, if safe, when there's an emergency vehicle or police pulled over to the side of the road or for sanitation vehicles and some other thing. If you can't move to the left (if no one will allow you to get in the other lane) then you have to slow down so you're going 20mph slower than the posted speed limit. That's a fairly new law.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:29 AM

Obeying the speed limit would help also.

Last edited by MSchad; 01-18-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Good luck.
As effective as stop and speed signs in TV (or anywhere else).
Old 01-18-2020, 07:38 AM

This is also good advice for bicyclists. Riding in the middle of a lane increases the danger of a texter turning you into road kill. Save your life, stay to the right, and of course always wear a helmet.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Stay right

Obeying this law will help to reduce road rage by being considerate and moving over to the right to let faster traffic by.
Below is a brief excerpt of the law along with the link:
316.081 Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.—
(1) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:
(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;
(b) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway;
Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine

Remember drive right, unless passing.
Thank you.

Translation: If you are one of the clowns that insist on driving 30 in a 45 zone,--get the heck out of the left lane!!!!!
Old 01-18-2020, 07:50 AM

i always move to the left lane when approaching a local roundabout -- sometimes way ahead if there's traffic. does the law address that?
Old 01-18-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmarkp View Post
i always move to the left lane when approaching a local roundabout -- sometimes way ahead if there's traffic. does the law address that?
Hopefully not if you're taking the first exit

Come to think of it, why????? (unless you're going to the 3rd exit). IMHO, the inner lane is more dangerous when going straight, since some bozo entering (illegally) from the first exit will cut right in front of you.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Laws,Rules,Civility towards others ...The villages
Old 01-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

I admit it. I drive slower than most, BUT, I always stay in the right lane. If I pass a car going slower than me, I put the pedal to the medal and get back in the right lane.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

IMHO if older drivers just left more distance between them and the vehicle in front, that would go a long way to reducing accidents.
Older, equals slower reactions.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
IMHO if older drivers just left more distance between them and the vehicle in front, that would go a long way to reducing accidents.
Older, equals slower reactions.
And I think that if younger drivers would leave earlier for school/work, would not be texting while driving and would be paying more attention to the driving conditions and not frustrating because they can't get where they are going fast enough that would go a long way to reducing accidents!

Old 01-18-2020, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
And I think that if younger drivers would leave earlier for school/work, would not be texting while driving and would be paying more attention to the driving conditions and not frustrating because they can't get where they are going fast enough that would go a long way to reducing accidents!
Why do you limit that to younger drivers? Many people who live in the Villages and are over 55 years old work. Many of those workers drive to work. Some of those workers driving to work text and drive, and talk and drive. Every day I see people in golf carts with phones held up against their ears. I see the same of older folks in cars.

Young folks don't have the market of stupidity cornered, by any means.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I've been in the Villages for eight years and have yet to see someone driving on the wrong side of the road. Why did you feel this post is necessary?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:29 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Why do you limit that to younger drivers? Many people who live in the Villages and are over 55 years old work. Many of those workers drive to work. Some of those workers driving to work text and drive, and talk and drive. Every day I see people in golf carts with phones held up against their ears. I see the same of older folks in cars.

Young folks don't have the market of stupidity cornered, by any means.
Why? Perhaps because so many drivers in the Villages are younger than I am? Perhaps because the previous poster used the term 'older drivers'? Why do you give a flip?

Closed Thread

Tags
law, drive, passing, vehicle, direction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.