Jumping Ship on Political Forum

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Platinum member
Talking Jumping Ship on Political Forum

After sampling the unmoderated Political Forum for a few weeks, I am jumping ship.

I don't think I will be looking at the cesspool of the Political Forum any more. It is difficult for me to accept or understand how grown people can be so nasty and disrespectful of each other, as is evidenced in that forum.

Seldom do the exchanges address the point of the threads, but rather they immediately descend into the nastiness of personal attacks and vilification that would surely call for fist fights if such insults were to be uttered in person.

The depth of undisguised racism of one poster in particular is breathtaking. In another case three or more posters take constant shots at one particular poster who is sensitive to criticism, knowing that they are inflicting emotional pain. And, they brag about being "men" and criticize anyone who can't "take it." They are cowards and bullies.

I intend to stay away from the Dark Side, preferring to look at the moderated forums where people are, in the main, trying to be helpful to others, with constructive posts containing useful information to others.

There is still room for differences of opinion in the moderated forums, but personal attacks and insults are subject to deletion. It's a better system.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
After sampling the unmoderated Political Forum for a few weeks, I am jumping ship.

I don't think I will be looking at the cesspool of the Political Forum any more. It is difficult for me to accept or understand how grown people can be so nasty and disrespectful of each other, as is evidenced in that forum.

Seldom do the exchanges address the point of the threads, but rather they immediately descend into the nastiness of personal attacks and vilification that would surely call for fist fights if such insults were to be uttered in person.

The depth of undisguised racism of one poster in particular is breathtaking. In another case three or more posters take constant shots at one particular poster who is sensitive to criticism, knowing that they are inflicting emotional pain. And, they brag about being "men" and criticize anyone who can't "take it." They are cowards and bullies.

I intend to stay away from the Dark Side, preferring to look at the moderated forums where people are, in the main, trying to be helpful to others, with constructive posts containing useful information to others.

There is still room for differences of opinion in the moderated forums, but personal attacks and insults are subject to deletion. It's a better system.
I made the move away month or so ago. It is good that they have a place to express their innermost feelings. You can tell who they are at the Squares.....no tan...inside 20 hours a day posting psychobabble.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:56 AM
Sage

Welcome back to the world of the (mostly) reasonable, Carl.

And Nucky...I'm Irish and don't tan. Don't group me in with the Political Forum bunch.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:52 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:

Well my friend I respect your opinion and your decision. However in my view when intelligent and serious people like you walk away then the dubious ,bad and ignorant not only win, but more like them fill the vacuum.

Facts clearly speak for themselves. People are quite aware of who the bad actors are on political Talk. Political debate is essential and its quite clear there is a radical segment in our society that is bent on its destruction.

I am not a crusader nor claim higher intelligence or the higher moral ground. In all I have ever done it has been primarily with commitment and I am committed to voice not my opposition to but my beliefs in. In doing so I opine and let others decide.

You and others will be sorely missed .

Personal Best Regards:
Old 10-11-2017, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:

I hate to even admit I've been over "there" to see what "they" are saying. I will admit to being disturbed to know that people who have this much hatred are living among us. What surprised me more than anything else was to find out that some of the filthy talk over there comes out of some of the most pleasant people who frequent TOTV.

Carl - thank you for bringing this subject to our attention. There was a time when politics was discussed around the kitchen table. I was raised in a very political family and we never sunk to the depths of that Board!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-11-2017, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I completely agree. The political forum needs several posters banned. I wonder if they have raped someone or something even worse.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Well my friend I respect your opinion and your decision. However in my view when intelligent and serious people like you walk away then the dubious ,bad and ignorant not only win, but more like them fill the vacuum.

Facts clearly speak for themselves. People are quite aware of who the bad actors are on political Talk. Political debate is essential and its quite clear there is a radical segment in our society that is bent on its destruction.

I am not a crusader nor claim higher intelligence or the higher moral ground. In all I have ever done it has been primarily with commitment and I am committed to voice not my opposition to but my beliefs in. In doing so I opine and let others decide.

You and others will be sorely missed .

Personal Best Regards:
I unsubscribed to the Political Forum and have about 12 people on my IGNORE LIST but still climb on board the Political Forum once in a while to see if it has gotten any better. I will continue to look at it but may take longer vacations from it as the inmates have taken over the asylum there to mix metaphors. It could be a ship that is an asylum I guess which would make it hard to escape.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:22 AM
TOTV Moderator

As Carl correctly stated, the political forum is totally unmoderated. It is voluntary, opt-in, so, you shouldn’t see it unless you are subscribed to it. Proceed at your own risk.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
forum, political, people, forums, attacks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.