Jussie Smollett

View Poll Results: Well, well, well..........Guilty??, Jail??, Fines??
Guilty; jail time and +$100k fine 35 64.81%
Guilty; jail time 2 3.70%
Guilty; +$100k fine 1 1.85%
Guilty; jail time, $100k, public service 13 24.07%
Not Guilty 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

What amazes me is how he could expect to get away with such an obviously transparent criminal fraud.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
What amazes me is how he could expect to get away with such an obviously transparent criminal fraud.
It sure appears to be that way. I do not understand any of it, the DA, etc. Makes no sense at all, and then add such a stupid story getting such coverage in certain areas (certainly outside Chicago no credible mainstream touches it) is what really is not understandable.

It seems after reading as much as possible today (I asked for links on here and only received a hate filled PM), and pursuing to read more, the issue is not even about the criminal fraud any longer. It is now made into issues we are not allowed to discuss, and that is a shame as well as expected.

I wonder each day how con artists are able to get away with it, but have enough confidence in the law to know there is a day........
Old 04-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

...when Karma will balance the scale!!!
Old 04-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
SNIP...> I have always maintained that no accusations should ever be made without also supplying facts to back them up.<...SNIP
A novel concept in this day and age...but one I also share.

Here's wishing us, and all of the others that share this viewpoint, good luck...as we need it.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

I saw on Facebook that there something fishy in Chicago you can Smollett.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 04-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Accused of Faking Own Assault, Jussie Smollett Arrested on Felony Charge - The New York Times
Old 04-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Given that we seem to know only what the media post, at least it is true for me, I can’t see why the emotions?

What if the media are simply playing us ie guiding us towards the conclusions they want us to come to? For example, I love the NYTimes, I bought a house in TV partly so I can walk to Barnes and Nobles to get the Sunday edition - but to believe unequivocally what it says? The editor has a particular perspective sometimes I don’t agree with but she has every right to it, in my opinion. And that is only one media source.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-10-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Explain this to me......

This guy is a low level actor of some sort, and obviously a bad dude.

Why is this such an issue. We have some serious folks now doing time and they are adored. Yet this guy seems vital to some posters existence. I am going to begin a series of cons who are indicted and you guys can rail against them as you do here.

This guy, who I never heard of must be very important to you all. Perhaps the hate filled venom I got in a PM had some hints as to why he is found so important.

I am so sick of the hate, judgement, and phoney respect for our law.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

When this happened, the police and prosecutor gave a news conference where they described in great detail the entire case against Smollett, including a complete timeline, down to the minute, and all of the interviews they conducted, who they talked to, and what the witnesses said. It was the most detailed description of a criminal case I have ever seen before trial. Totally unprecedented.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Full Police News Conference on Jussie Smollett Arrest - NBC Chicago

Here is the link where the entire case was laid out by the police.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Explain this to me......

This guy is a low level actor of some sort, and obviously a bad dude.

Why is this such an issue. We have some serious folks now doing time and they are adored. Yet this guy seems vital to some posters existence. I am going to begin a series of cons who are indicted and you guys can rail against them as you do here.

This guy, who I never heard of must be very important to you all. Perhaps the hate filled venom I got in a PM had some hints as to why he is found so important.

I am so sick of the hate, judgement, and phoney respect for our law.
It's an issue because the press wants to keep it an issue. If you haven't noticed, the media loves to sensationalize anything that can promote racial strife.

Recently it was the Covington High incident. Where a bunch of white kids were accused (mainly because they were wearing MAGA hats) of causing trouble at the Lincoln Memorial. Most of the initial reporting was proven to be inaccurate if not downright fabricated.

Now this guy comes along saying he was assaulted and had racial and homophobic slurs directed toward him by MAGA hat wearing thugs.

He was trying to capitalize on the sympathy of several groups. The LGBTQ and African American Communities and the Trump haters. He was basically trying to turn this into a hate crime of epic proportions. Why? Because his career was floundering and he needed some attention.

Then the police investigation started to unravel his story and felt they had plenty of evidence for several charges including felonies.

Then the Cook County State's Attorney hung the police out to dry by refusing to try the case.

I think people should be angry. We have enough real division in this country without this guy using his celebrity to fabricate more.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
hairdresser, smollett, jussie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.