What did you think of the Super Bowl half time show?

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down What did you think of the Super Bowl half time show?

We watched the half time show and thought it was the worst half time show we ever saw? I can't believe they even called it entertainment. I will never ever buy a Six eye peas (I think that was their name) CD. I might be showing my age here - what do others think?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I LOVE the Black-Eyed Peas, with or without Fergie. That being said, it was one of the most boring Super Bowl half-time shows I've ever watched. I've seen this act on several programs in the past year. I couldn't believe they couldn't come up with somethng new for the Super Bowl. Slash is a great guitarist, but you could barely hear him. Usher was indecipherable, which is rather strange because the man can sing and does enunciate. To say the the sound system was working poorly would be a gross understatement and, on top of that, the cameras were really targeting the wrong thing. It would have been much better with less close-up shots and more of a view as if we were actually in seats.

So, from someone who is a fan of all three of the main performers, I totally agree with you -- it was a boring show that was poorly done. It time for the Super Bowl to get over Jackson/Timberlake fiasco and start getting name acts and letting them do their stuff the way it is meant to be done. (As much as I LOVE Springsteen and really, really like Petty, they are getting a bit long in the tooth for a Super Bowl.)

But the commercials were GREAT!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Veteran member

I think the NFL really blew the half time show this year. No need for the mega production numbers, fireworks and all the other Hollywood junk that goes with it. All they needed was one maybe two flat bed traliers with some sound equipment and let that little ol' band from Texas, ZZTop do their thing. Now that would be a Texas half time show worth seeing. Dusty, Frank and Billy would have brought the house down.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

I loved it; yes, these entertainers have done better performances, and the sound system needed improvement, but I preferred this music over the entertainers of the past few superbowls; and loved the synchronized dancers.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Veteran member

Well....the lights were pretty!! I felt you couldn't hear the singers or instrumentalists too well! Just alot of pazzazz is what it was! A pricey waste. The comment made at our party was...think of all the hungry kids that money would have taken care of!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Gold member
Default super bowl

Love the Detroit Promo,very well done
Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 AM

Loved the synchronized lights as well but BEP's weren't at their best and sound system was poor. Appearance of Slash was a surprise!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Honestly? Thought even Prince did way better several years, so that should sum it up!

Army Guy
Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I didn't see it. I was shopping.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Platinum member

You didn't miss anything Gracie. It's hard for me to imagine how anyone could have called that entertainment.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM

As a fan of the Black-eyed Peas, I've seen them do better, but I think that was due to technical difficulties...otherwise they put on a good show.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Sage

The NFL should have scaled the entire production back a notch.........and then taken the money saved and split it up across all the ticket holders who got hosed in the "unapproved temporary seating" fiasco!!

Bill
Old 02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Sage

IMHO - Not worth watching. A good time to go to the frig and have a snack.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM

I too like all the performers and buy their albums but the sound system was horrible and the show was, well, not much of a show. Seen that and bought the T-shirt. Halfway through I was praying for a wardrobe malfunction and did not care whose it was.

And yes you are showing your age but still the show was bad.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
I think the NFL really blew the half time show this year. No need for the mega production numbers, fireworks and all the other Hollywood junk that goes with it. All they needed was one maybe two flat bed traliers with some sound equipment and let that little ol' band from Texas, ZZTop do their thing. Now that would be a Texas half time show worth seeing. Dusty, Frank and Billy would have brought the house down.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.