Back in NY

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Gold member
Default Back in NY

We love TV but it's good to be back in NY for awhile. They know my name at the corner deli and know exactly what a bagel and schmear means. I don't get funny looks when I ask for a hard roll and my coffee regular is always perfect. This will soon pass and I'll be back among my friends in TV with all its variety of activities. It's good to have two homes and the best all worlds.
We are truly blessed.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Sage

I may be wrong but I still think there is something about the water in New York, that makes some foods taste better. The food quality in TV leaves something to be desired, but fortunately for me, I don't have a discriminate palate.

It's all good.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I may be wrong but I still think there is something about the water in New York, that makes some foods taste better. The food quality in TV leaves something to be desired, but fortunately for me, I don't have a discriminate palate.

It's all good.
I will try to get some water from New York when I make the sauerkraut on New Years Day.

I thought it was OHIO water.

We miss you BlueDog....hurry back to your southern home. Joe, You still talk funny. Cawfee...uh huh!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam

How can you beat the restaurants in the New York city area?
Old 12-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Platinum member

Nothing beats New York. It's HOME. The Villages is just where the stuff is. And yes ... the water is much much better without having to put a filtration system in place.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Have you not been to the Original Brooklyn Water Bagels @ 514 N US Hwy 27/441 in
Lady Lake? It is dang close to what NYC has to offer and a far cry from what you can get in the gorceys stores or Panera's!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Have you not been to the Original Brooklyn Water Bagels @ 514 N US Hwy 27/441 in

Lady Lake? It is dang close to what NYC has to offer and a far cry from what you can get in the gorceys stores or Panera's!

We love it there. We miss NY Bagels and these are pretty close. You can also get Chocolate Egg Creams there.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Platinum member

I agree that the bagels there are pretty good if you're into bagels
Old 12-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
We love it there. We miss NY Bagels and these are pretty close. You can also get Chocolate Egg Creams there.
Also miss the italian bread, hard rolls (as mentioned by the OP) pizza, bialys...basically anything involving flour and water. Except or Brooklyn Water Bagels, which is very close, there is no comparison. NY wins hands down. (Yes, the restaurants...ah, the restaurants!)
Old 12-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Glad to be home in TV

We must be the only people who are glad to be back home in TV! We love visiting our children and our grandchildren, but we could never live there again. The weather was wet, cold and miserable ........... when it warmed up a bit the fog rolled in and you could not see a thing. Driving at night was a nightmare. Yes, the restaurants were great, really superior, but I can make do with what we have here to live in this beautiful weather. I stepped out of Orlando Airport and felt 10 years younger just to see flowers, the sun and everywhere clean. We were too tired to do anything much last night so we went up to Glenview, had a really good burger with toasted bun and came home by golf cart and crashed. Yes, it's great to be home.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-28-2014, 05:49 PM

Yup, it's a very nice place, run by fools.
NY has become one of the death spiral states.
That is where less than 50% of the residents support the majority of residents.

I hope I can get out from under that burden before owning property there is a losing proposition.

My opinion of downstate is worse. Superior dining, yes, just not worth the trouble.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Sage

This post sounds like a bunch of home sick New Yorkers. I've visited there at least 3 times and couldn't wait to get back to the south for a good breakfast with grits. Don't even try to compare BBQ ribs............My point is that we all like where we grew up and and prefer the food there but don't down grade the rest of the world which you are only a small part of.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:52 PM

Hence, as the song goes...
If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere, it's up to you New York, New York!
��
Old 12-28-2014, 08:08 PM

Used to live in W-burg, when my aunt moved to ozone park I remember her carting bottles of bklyn water, she used to say queens water tasted funny.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post

Ahh but Mike - are they REAL egg creams????
A real egg cream is only made with one kind of syrup - FOX'S U BET !

That, my friend, is what is in a REAL Brooklyn egg cream !!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.