Kentucky Connections among Villagers.

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts
Default Kentucky Connections among Villagers.

I have been thinking a lot about Kentucky of late. What kind of connections do Villagers have with the Blue Grass State?

I did a bit of work in my 224 613 Project aimed at Kentucky mainly because I received some good letters from there over the years from 1992 onward.

Only been to Kentucky for a small time when I went on the Amtrak from Minneapolis through Chicago and then down to New Orleans in 1991. Did not see much on the train.

Some of our close family friends had lived near Louisville for a while and spoke highly of that area. Louisville Events and Kentucky Tourism Information : GoToLouisville.com Official Travel Source Test

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-20-2016 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:25 AM
Platinum member

I was born and raised in Danville, a little south of Lexington. Attended and graduated from Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond. Worked in public schools back in Danville, and finished my career at the Kentucky Department of Education in Frankfort. Still have a home in Frankfort. Of my two daughters, one is a graduate and the other a senior at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green.

I love thoroughbred horses, college basketball, and I occasionally sip a glass of bourbon on the rocks (OK, maybe more than occasionally). Thanks for bring it up!
Old 08-20-2016, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

The Kentucky State Office of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.) was one of the first victim/witness assistance providers which answered my call to action around 1992 via a letter. This was about respect for the needs of survivors/victims of crimes of a practical nature in libraries of all kinds and how these are treated in law schools and their libraries. My 224 613 Project in other words.

I started sharing these letters by copying them, reducing them in size and recopying them all throughout the 1990s. These I would send to librarians, lawyers, physicians, nurses, law professors, and many others including celebrities and even movie studios.

Various M.A.D.D. chapters helped me over the years in other US states and I would put them in my chains of e-mail addresses when I was sending out hundreds of e-mails each day from 1999 through 2005 or so. I changed tactics after moving to the Villages trying to find a good medium and discovered TOTV. And then Facebook!!!

I am still thinking very creatively of how to address this continuing problem as it changes with new technologies and survivors/victims connected to changing types of crimes and the criminals committing them.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-21-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
kentucky, connections, villagers, years, amtrak

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.