Key West Fantasy Fest

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Due to Punkpup's very enlightening summary, it sounds a lot like something I would like to miss. Driving eight hours to see a naked painted parade of a lot of drunks just somehow doesn't seem as nice as driving down to Havana and watching Kathie dance. Or just trying to get my ball to sail over the the out of bounds at Pelican, or sigh, taking my art class.

It takes all kinds of people to make a world and I think I am boring.

You all go and have a good time, but don't come runnin' to me with your headaches! Been there. Done that.

Need further info on "Been there, Done that" (Maybe a Cheer Leader thing?)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Fantesy fest

We lived in the Keys for about 10 years and yes go to Fantasy Fest. Just remember one thing, the last night for the big parade there will be arund 50000 people on the side walk on Duval street.Now that means you dont walk you are packed in like sardines.I took my wife and I 1and a half hours to walk 1and a half blocks.I am not kidding. And it was a blast just go with an open mind or dont go.Dont let any thing surprise you or scare you or offend you just have a good time.One last thought in 2000 the kast year we went they closed Key West about 3:00pm on the last day no more room for cars or people book your res now and stay down town so you can walk every where and again have fun you will never forget it or regret it
Old 01-01-2010, 04:48 PM

We like to take the RV and scooters to the festivities the week before. The last weekend is more for college kids but we have had a great time! The accomidations are easier to get for the first weekend also. Good advice to avoid parking a car if you can and to bring an open mind!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2b View Post
Next year I want to go to Meeting of the minds. I believe it is just after the fest.

Have you contacted The Village Parrothead club? They go every year.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Used to live in Marathon on our boat and if you want to go to KW see if Hawks Cay or any of the other resorts have buses that go down for the parade that is the most fin and by staying up the road about 50 or so miles it is not a bad and alot cheaper. If you do go down just remain open minded and remember you dont have to stay. Lived there for about 10 years and we do miss it but not the cost of living there . Have and go for it, and yeah go ahead and do the body paint you can tell you have nothing on.
DDoug: Do you have any idea how much it cost for an average body paint job ? Sure looks like a fun time.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUREK View Post
DDoug: Do you have any idea how much it cost for an average body paint job ? Sure looks like a fun time.
Have heard they go from about $50 and up depending on artist and what you want done, wanted wife to get one and she would, but must be able to walk around with nothing on but paint, also best to get it done early if you plan on paying that much for the work, these people are good so ashame to let it go to waste, once you wash it off its gone so if you plan on it might as well enjoy the moment, a lot of people will be taking pictures so that is another consideration. Rule is I understand "You can look, But do not touch" - you will see people in all states of undress, so that would not bother us at all. Just got to be in a Party mood
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homey View Post
Have heard they go from about $50 and up depending on artist and what you want done, wanted wife to get one and she would, but must be able to walk around with nothing on but paint, also best to get it done early if you plan on paying that much for the work, these people are good so ashame to let it go to waste, once you wash it off its gone so if you plan on it might as well enjoy the moment, a lot of people will be taking pictures so that is another consideration. Rule is I understand "You can look, But do not touch" - you will see people in all states of undress, so that would not bother us at all. Just got to be in a Party mood
Homey . Thanks for the info. I showed the wife pictures from the parade and some of the parties. It took her about one hour but just out of the blue she said this is something she'd like to do. I still can't believe it but what the heck.
Looking at women in different phases of undress is nice but I can't believe how elaborate some of the body work is. Hey we only live once.
Thanks again.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Default FF

The body work is great, and the artist take pride in their work, do not think wife would bark at all if I paid for it, prefer the state of undress so she would be comfortable enough, she has two very nice tats that she got several years ago and surprised me, this is FL, were here for the party.... LOL - I do have some FF pictures if you are interested? - when we went to Vegas to see my son/grandson, saw a guy that totally did wonders with cans of spray paint was totally amazing.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Default parrotheads

How do I get in touch with the parrotheads?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:09 PM

Let's go
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funinthesun59 View Post
How do I get in touch with the parrotheads?

This is the villages Parrothead club website: www.thevillagesparrotheads.com/

All contact details are listed on here.

Have phun!!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Default Thank You

Thank You, I'm sure we will
Old 01-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Default travel

How is Duval Street?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.