Knockout Attacks

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

[QUOTE=graciegirl;785422]umm.

In my opinion. that didn't bear repeating.

Redwitch...You are fairer than I ever thought.

If you could just view those M's in a more kindly light, you would be perfect.

But I love you anyway.

]By the way, I think Harry is getting too fat. Now WHAT do I do?[/QUOTE

Post that question on the all about pets forum and we will be joyfully occupied over there for days!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=CFrance;785476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
umm.

In my opinion. that didn't bear repeating.

Redwitch...You are fairer than I ever thought.

If you could just view those M's in a more kindly light, you would be perfect.

But I love you anyway.

]By the way, I think Harry is getting too fat. Now WHAT do I do?[/QUOTE

Post that question on the all about pets forum and we will be joyfully occupied over there for days!

Did I change the subject?

I do that sometimes when I see trouble brewing.

Sometimes things are racist is origin with all colors being wrong....and sometimes right.

If OUR group is doing something wrong, we can change that...only in ourselves. But others are watching, and hoping that we all get it right and not just throw in with bad stuff.

It is SO hard not to summarize when we see something repeated by a club, a political party, a generation, an economic class...whatever. AND sometimes we are more right than wrong. It is only when we don't personally make ourselves improve and not blame ALL of the other gender, race, generation, club, class whatever that things get worse.

My opinion only.

Worth not much.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

[quote=graciegirl;785482]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

Did I change the subject?

I do that sometimes when I see trouble brewing.

Sometimes things are racist is origin with all colors being wrong....and sometimes right.

If OUR group is doing something wrong, we can change that...only in ourselves. But others are watching, and hoping that we all get it right and not just throw in with bad stuff.

It is SO hard not to summarize when we see something repeated by a club, a political party, a generation, an economic class...whatever. AND sometimes we are more right than wrong. It is only when we don't personally make ourselves improve and not blame ALL of the other gender, race, generation, club, class whatever that things get worse.

My opinion only.

Worth not much.
Words of wisdom.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Just was talking to a gentleman (42) from Brooklyn (Williamsburg to be precise). He told me that the knock out game has been around since at least the 70s, if not earlier. To his shame, he participated in it quite willingly. There was, however, a huge difference in the game as played by him and his peers -- you got points for knocking down someone bigger or the same size as you and it could only be another male and was black on black. If you didn't knock him out, you fought. He thinks the new variation is absolutely disgusting and was ashamed that he had even participated in the older version.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-24-2013, 09:36 AM

New Jersey Teens come up with a new game called "Knockout" - YouTube

When are you going to open up your eyes? Stop making excuses for them?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb9006 View Post
New Jersey Teens come up with a new game called "Knockout" - YouTube

When are you going to open up your eyes? Stop making excuses for them?
We have to try to remember that it isn't all of THEM, it is some of THEM.

Even saying it that way doesn't sound kind.

I understand what you are trying to say, but we cannot throw the baby out with the bath water. It is wrong.

Somehow we have to figure out HOW to correct society's wrongs.

And not ADD to the problems.

Hating and hurting is always wrong, no matter who does it.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Kid said he was sorry he did it, it was stupid and he was just trying to hang with his peers. Now the kid has a hole in him and a record, dumber than dumb.
Funny how most people who are caught are sorry.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn View Post
Funny how most people who are caught are sorry.
Actually, few gang members are sorry they get caught -- it is a rite of passage to them. And, from what I can tell, these knock-out thugs have much of the same stupid mentality. Also, if you read the history of the teen who got shot, I believe he was sorry and that it was stupidity and peer pressure for him. Sadly, his being shot and being regretful is not going to stop others from continuing these acts. I'm not convinced there is anything that will, at least not until a better, meaner game is developed.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post

And I have yet to see a report that doesn't specifically say it is done by young, black males and the victims are always of another race. So, how are we being snookered?

These are ugly, random acts of violence. I'm not sure there is a way to stop them. Most of the punks who do this have no fear of jail; they rarely expect to live past the age of 25, so not much to scare them into stopping. BTW -- the more attention that is given to these acts, the more likely they are to escalate and, sooner or later, white teens will follow suit. Ugly, but true.
Actually, if you read the Daily Sun on November 22, on page A13 there is quite an extensive article about the assaults. At no point was it mentioned that these were done by young black males. These attacks were attributed to "impulsive teenage boys." It was an Associated Press story so it didn't surprise me.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 11-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

The incidents keeps occurring.

Possible 'knockout' game victim: 'The whole group of kids laughed' - CNN.com
Old 11-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife View Post
"And I have yet to see a report that doesn't specifically say it is done by young, black males and the victims are always of another race. So, how are we being snookered?"

So... an outfit like the Associated Press, which delivers the news content to hundreds (thousands?) of newspapers across the country and CNN which is (was) the international cable news network both fail to mention an important aspect of the story. Just an oversight? Really?

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 11-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I absolutely agree, jbdlfan. THAT is the worst of it. I didn't know until lately that a punch, just one, to the head could kill.

How horrible to just be walking down the street and be hit by someone that you had no connection to at all. WHAT brings on such cruel actions?

Imagine what a change if that young strength was channeled into working for a living and caring for a family and saving money and enjoying life with things that you have earned. AND sitting down at Thanksgiving dinner where generations have done the same. AND having them all look proudly at you.
I agree with jb's comments and your observations. This "game" is another manifestation of cultural degradation caused primarily by the welfare state which removes the Father from the family ... not to mention elimination of religious norms. From a historical perspective this can only be described as societal suicidal lunacy.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Good to start this thread, but insure that everyone knows that these attacks are 100 % racial and that is not debatable.

"Thomas Sowell, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, points to the fact that the “knockout game” has racial underpinnings that the “mainstream media” has failed to describe. The game, which “has been played for years,” often targets Jews, “whites in general or people of Asian ancestry,” he said in an op-ed for the New York Post. He describes an attack in Milwaukee where attackers were heard saying, “White girl bleed a lot.” In Illinois, the game is often called “polar-bear hunting.”

What Is

Not a comfortable subject, but facts are facts
I don't think this is as new as the press is saying. They are saying it is only in the last 6 months. A cousin of my husband was attacked like this in DC. while back I am thinking two years. They called him a chink and made comments about the points they would get for knocking him out. Real idiots he is Japanese not Chinese. Then the victim was arrested because this 60's target put two of his three attackers in the hospital. They didn't in the end charge him.
His dad teaches martial arts and he was a career marine. Boy did they pick the wrong guy. I wonder if these kids will think twice before they attack another random Asian.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Sage

Sounds to meas too many people are relying on Faux News for their sources and thus tend to think of a knockout attact to be a racial thing.

Actually, the videoing of it and posting on YouTube and the flitting glimpse of being viewed is the culprit.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Sounds to meas too many people are relying on Faux News for their sources and thus tend to think of a knockout attact to be a racial thing.

Actually, the videoing of it and posting on YouTube and the flitting glimpse of being viewed is the culprit.
It is a racial thing. Been going on for a long while. In Chicago, along Michigan ave. the mobs of young blacks have been attacking shoppers for the past couple years. They use social media and gather, then start their "polar bear" hunting. Get your heads out of the sand yous.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.